BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

Out: Robinson, Eastwood, Kane, Olsson, Judge, Marrow, Dunn, Feeney, Varney, King, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell. (13)

In: At least one reliable keeper, Songo, new centre half, (Keane?) new right back, defensive midfielder, Rochina, back up striker. (7/8)

Crazy, the same Dunn that people praised throughout this season, the same Robbo who has been our best keeper this year...

I agree with the majority we need to sell some players, and I would get rid of a few of them such as

Out: Judge, Marrow, Olsson, Feeney, Varney, Goodie, Best, Campbell, Willo, Etuhu, Dabo, Slew, Jorge, Morris

Promote: Rittenberg, Songo'o, O'Connor, Edwards.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to add Etuhu to the list of outs. I actually think that IF he could stay fit he could do a job but that is probably highly unlikely and he is on insane wages to boot so probably best he goes if we could get anyone to take him off our hands.

Jimmy, Rochina would be my no. 10. He would be a key player in my eyes if we weren't to go 4-4-2 in any game and is there any real reason why we couldn't even go 3 -4 -1-2 or 4-3-1-2 with a better defensive midfielder sat behind Rhodes/Gestede/ Rochina? Doubt GB would ever be that adventurous but I'd like to see that.

Re: Dunn, no-one was a bigger fan of him than me in his younger days, but I honestly haven't been at all impressed from what I have seen in the home games and I think we need a player who can contribute on a full time basis not 55 minutes before having to be taken off then rested for the next game then out for a month injured etc.

Crazy, the same Dunn that people praised throughout this season, the same Robbo who has been our best keeper this year...

I agree with the majority we need to sell some players, and I would get rid of a few of them such as

Out: Judge, Marrow, Olsson, Feeney, Varney, Goodie, Best, Campbell, Willo, Etuhu, Dabo, Slew, Jorge, Morris

Promote: Rittenberg, Songo'o, O'Connor, Edwards.

Olsson will probably get an extension as he is rhe only cover for Spurr. Is Jorge still our player? Bowyer rates Willo. I am afraid Varney and Feeney could already be our players but on loan at first. Promote O'Connell also.

The reality of Burnley going for Rhodes this summer must be pretty low. I expect them to try Hull's method and not splash that much out in the summer. If they are in a decent place come January then they may dip into the market more expensively.

Plus Dyche will be determined to keep Vokes and Ings together as a strike pair, Rhodes won't be going there as back up!

A little sad to see Judge wanting to go but he finds himself a bit low down the pecking order.

Not convinced that we should give Rochina another go. He also doesn't fit into Bowyers current system while we are playing with 2 strikers.

I think Bowyer will sign both Feeney and Varney, although I hope we sign neither.We will be lucky to shift Etuhu seeing as he cant make a 3 minute cameo without getting injured for another month.

Worry that varney is a done deal. Not good enough at all.

As for feeney - seems like a fat, short, slow josh king. No thanks

Out: Robinson, Eastwood, Kane, Olsson, Judge, Marrow, Dunn, Feeney, Varney, King, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell. (13)

In: At least one reliable keeper, Songo, new centre half, (Keane?) new right back, defensive midfielder, Rochina, back up striker. (7/8)

King ?

He provides the team with a competitive advantage in this league Rev.

O'Connell got Sky's League 2 player of the year. Hopefully he's good enough to challenge for the first team next year.

Keith Andrews once held that title.

Just sayin'.

Wasn't Keef about 28/29 when he won it...

Bit of a difference as O'Conell just turned 20... Which i'd say is a bit more impressive

Fair point. It's still a vastly different level to promotion chasing Championship level.

Personally I do hope he comes back. He has the attributes we need: youth, leadership (apparently) and he's cheap,

Need to be looking for quality powerful central player who can dominate the midfield alongside Cairney. New RB, a decent third striking option, two backup centre backs. But more than all a top top keeper is a requirement. Largely attacking wise we look very good. Mainly an issue of defensively we need to rethink a little.

King ?

He provides the team with a competitive advantage in this league Rev.

Agree with this. Would be fantastic to start with Marshall and Conway with the option of bringing on King for the last 20 mins. No way should he be one to leave. You only have to compare the impact King has made over the last few weeks to that of Feeney and Varney who really are a waste of space.

Agree with this. Would be fantastic to start with Marshall and Conway with the option of bringing on King for the last 20 mins. No way should he be one to leave. You only have to compare the impact King has made over the last few weeks to that of Feeney and Varney who really are a waste of space.

For me King should be a starter, as this season we have played our best football when King has been playing, sides just live with his pace. And his pace also gives the team another dimension that it would lack with Marshall and Conway on the wings.

For me King should be a starter, as this season we have played our best football when King has been playing, sides just live with his pace. And his pace also gives the team another dimension that it would lack with Marshall and Conway on the wings.

King makes a huge difference to us. Teams are worried about his pace.

I've said a few times, try gestede and king as a front 2, they'd scare the bejesus out of some teams.

Marshall on the other hand was improving until his ludicrous challenge cut his season short.

King makes a huge difference to us. Teams are worried about his pace.

I've said a few times, try gestede and king as a front 2, they'd scare the bejesus out of some teams.

Marshall on the other hand was improving until his ludicrous challenge cut his season short.

King and Gestede up front... Now that would be incredibly interesting... Potentially amazing potentially frustrating

The squad probably needs another overhaul.

If I was Bowyer I'd be looking to do this..

Keep

Goalkeepers: Robinson, Eastwood

Defenders: Henley, Spurr, Hanley, Kilgallon

Midfielders: Evans, Lowe, Cairney, Dunn, Rochina, Judge

Wingers: King, Conway, Marshall, Taylor

Strikers: Gestede, Rhodes

Sell

Best, DJ Campbell, Marrow, Williamson, Etuhu, Songo'o, Goodwillie

Loan in

Keane again! But not Kane, Feeney or anyone else like that.

Buy

A new goalkeeper, two new central defenders, a new right back, a new backup left back, another creative central midfielder, another winger with pace but more quality than King and two more strikers, preferably one with pace and another one in the Gestede mould. Perhaps some of the youngsters could come through and fill some of these gaps.

Loan out

I'd be loaning out the likes of Kean, Mahoney and any other promising youngsters we don't have plans for.

Archived