BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Robbo is a great bloke but not a great keeper any more. Think a better performer could save 10, 15 percent more shots. Replacing him is our number one priority I think.

A Right back should be our number one priority.

"I'm already looking forward to next season but there is going to be a lot of work ahead. This club needs another three windows before the squad is back where it should be."

An interesting comment from Gary after the game yesterday. To me it seems like a statement of intent from him that we will be strengthening in the summer although I wonder why it will take three windows.

Our midfield is probably going to be the strongest in the division next season if we can keep all our players. Lining up with cairney, Marshall Conway and Evans (if they all stay fit) will be a massive boost for the whole team and with Rhodes and Gestede we have a front line that can bag loads of goals with the service from that midfield.

Robinson is good, but obviously past his peak and I think the time is right to bring in a decent lon term successor to him.

Other than that a right back, back up central defender and back up striker is all we need in my opinion.

Hopefully we can get rid of best and jd as well.

Another Cardiff player is strongly rumoured to be coming in the summer according to a friend who works for them.

hopefully it either Hudson or Cowie.

here linked with Sunderland's centre back John Egan who is on loan at Southend at the minute, was in today's Sunday People.

Jesus Lopez, answering impromptu and on the agenda of Blackburn and Newcastle

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.eldesmarquecadiz.com/noticias-xerez/36657-jesus-portero-improvisado-y-en-la-agenda-de-blackburn-y-newcastle&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxerez%2Bjesus%2Blopez%26client%3Dsafari%26hl%3Den

One of my concerns is the fitness levels of cairney and Evans. Yes they are talented player's but they are effective for around 60 -70 mins, and I think a lot of the problem is down to playing 442 against teams that play 5 in midfield.

Imo a midfield of King, Cairney, Evans, Conway and Lowe would see us dominate in this vital area of the pitch. But that causes issues up front or at the back, 4231 is good but it would probably mean dropping a forward, and GB would get slaughtered if he dropped the weaker one. Or, 352 with Hanley Kilgallon and possibly spurr at the back, but we let goals in for fun at the moment with four at the back.

To sum up, I don't think we have the players to line up 442.

I honestly think we should look at bringing in another CB to challenge Hanley.

I think Grant reads a game excellently, especially long and second balls - However he needs to know that he could be replaced at anytime if he doesn't perform or gets suspended. Too many times this season Grant Hanley has made ill judgements or straight up mistakes that have cost us points.

Perhaps O'Connell is the guy - I personally though would leave him at Rochdale another season. I think he was the captain there, and as they have been promoted it will be a step up for him next season. Another solution would be bagging Keane for another season and getting either Kane or Henley back in some level of form. Risky business!

"I'm already looking forward to next season but there is going to be a lot of work ahead. This club needs another three windows before the squad is back where it should be."

An interesting comment from Gary after the game yesterday. To me it seems like a statement of intent from him that we will be strengthening in the summer although I wonder why it will take three windows.

I would imagine he is accepting that it might not be possible to shift some of the rubbish players we have on long-term, expensive contracts.

For example we may all want to forget about etuhu, best and dj, but they take a big chunk of the wage bill.

Changing robbo is another example - his wage may be too high to get rid.

Bowyer and co. are working with some tricky constraints. I think they will look to shift at least one big wage this summer.

I would imagine he is accepting that it might not be possible to shift some of the rubbish players we have on long-term, expensive contracts.

For example we may all want to forget about etuhu, best and dj, but they take a big chunk of the wage bill.

Changing robbo is another example - his wage may be too high to get rid.

Bowyer and co. are working with some tricky constraints. I think they will look to shift at least one big wage this summer.

Bowyer isn't working with any constraints. It will be down to others to rid the club of unwanted players, not him. As for summer transfers, most clubs in our position - having allowed the manager the number of in comings that the Raos have - would be telling him to work with what he's got.

We really need a strong statement from the owners that they will continue to back the club. Without that it's a(nother) Summer of fretting I'm afraid.

The 'euphoria' attached to the recent run, which took about two weeks too long to get going, could very quickly evaporate.

Without sudden and major investment, our best bet will be keeping the current squad and replacing non-players like Best and Etuhu with Songo'o, O'Connell and Mahoney.

If we are going to get more 'Venkys money' added to the debt pile then we need a proper leader outfield. If Leicester decide to spend then Wes Morgan would be a good choice. That would put Killa back on the bench but would also mean quality back up.

Midfield - a raid on Bolton? Holden, Eagles both out of contract in the Summer.

Looking at Robbo's body language during the pitch walk, I'd guess he's off and he knows it. Shame as I think he genuinely loves it here - he's just too expensive and doesn't often deliver points on the board. But I guess we were spoiled with Brad. Kasper Schmeichel out of contract in the Summer. Yeah, I know.

We really need a strong statement from the owners that they will continue to back the club. Without that it's a(nother) Summer of fretting I'm afraid.

The 'euphoria' attached to the recent run, which took about two weeks too long to get going, could very quickly evaporate.

Without sudden and major investment, our best bet will be keeping the current squad and replacing non-players like Best and Etuhu with Songo'o, O'Connell and Mahoney.

If we are going to get more 'Venkys money' added to the debt pile then we need a proper leader outfield. If Leicester decide to spend then Wes Morgan would be a good choice. That would put Killa back on the bench but would also mean quality back up.

Looking at Robbo's body language during the pitch walk, I'd guess he's off and he knows it. Shame as I think he genuinely loves it here - he's just too expensive and doesn't often deliver points on the board. But I guess we were spoiled with Brad. Kasper Schmeichel out of contract in the Summer. Yeah, I know.

Why Eagles when we've got Marshall, King, Conway to play wide?

Holden has had immense injury problems over the last couple of seasons.

Robinson looked like it was his last game but if he has 12 months left, as Chaddy says, it would take either us paying him up or someone paying money for him and I can't see either happening.

I agree that we need the owners to tell us what is going on with the club finances and whether we need to sell either Rhodes or Hanley to balance the books abit.

You really think Leicester are going sell their best centre back in Morgan. no chance.

and you really think Rovers could sign Kasper Schmeichel? a keeper who has been linked with several PLclubs including Arsenal.

Holden and Eagles? Eagles is flash player who rarely produce quality. plus we have got wingers in King, Conway and Marshall plus Mahoney aswell. Holden has barely played in 2 years.

I really didn't any problem with Robinson's body language yesterday after game. think he was disappointed about the goals conceded yesterday.

Rovers will of course need to cut the wage bill in the summer whilst making 4/5 additions to the summer.

the big question is will Rovers need to sell Hanley or Rhodes? to help the finances.

will Rovers be able to get rid of the deadwood in the squad and some players out on loan like Best, Judge, Marrow, Rochina? very key and crucial question to this summer transfer activity

I'd have Bunn back in a heartbeat. In the Championship he won't be testing anything like the way he was in the PL, and must have benefited from the experience.

I'm not sure where we go with a new keeper to be honest. Swan-song from Brad? Struggling.

Archived