BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Backroom

Hate being "fickle" but how do you know what your saying is true?

He may have been introduced by an agent but essentially what makes him a "Formica"

I don't - that's why I said 'I think'

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know for sure that he is a fan? Or does that come naturally with being born in Blackburn? Not trying to be smart, just wondering.

If he is, would he come here if/when Norwich goes down? Or would he seek a move to another Premier League team in order to keep the place in the national team? Would be a great signing if possible.

And Feeny. no, just no. He hasn't shown anything that would merit an offer from us.

Pilkington was and still is a rovers fan, grew up on the better half of blackburn with darwen (darwen). Still goes an watches the odd game, and doesn't like Burnley!

A couple of Bolton lads I know were disappointed they didn't get feeney after a seemingly decent loan spell there. However when I've seen him play, he's looked absolute doggy poo.

Don't think we've seen enough of Feeney to start complaining en masse if he signs on a free transfer. If his role is going to be a squad player who can come on for the last 15 minutes I think we could do worse. If he was coming in as a starting 11 player then I would be concerned.

Don't think we've seen enough of Feeney to start complaining en masse if he signs on a free transfer. If his role is going to be a squad player who can come on for the last 15 minutes I think we could do worse. If he was coming in as a starting 11 player then I would be concerned.

He would be taking the wage of a player who could be a positive influence on the team. We should only sign players who are better than the ones we have.

Skysports saying that Michael Keane would jump at the chance to have another season with us if he's sent out on loan again. I'd be pleased if that happened. Looks like a very useful player at this level.

• Backroom

You have to imagine the new united manager will strengthen at the back and he's a good bit away from being at that level so it would make sense for him to come back I imagine it will happen as it suits everyone

I have ask Kamy, Andy Cryer, Paul Wheelock and Alan Nixon does Gary Bowyer have control of transfers. all have answered yeah he does. these ppl have very good sources at Rovers.

Dabo was recommend to Bowyer through a scout or somebody he knows. sadly not good enough for this league physically.

Sounds to me like a similar deal to DJ last season, come on loan and theres a full time deal available to follow on. Naive at best from Bowyer.

Wouldn't expect too much early transfer news for fear that it will adversely impact on ST renewals.

I think the financial position is going to make this an extremely difficult window and it would be no surprise to see Rovers looking to engineer a player trading surplus of £7 to £9 million with a reduction in wages of £10 million.

Sadly, I fear that we had to get promotion this season and we now face an uphill struggle reminiscent of the days when Saxton and Mackay were in charge.

I agree we might not do much early.

I would hope that we will be trying to do deals for the many fringe players we still have.

I don't think we need too many additions to the first team to challenge next season.

Wouldn't expect too much early transfer news for fear that it will adversely impact on ST renewals.

I think the financial position is going to make this an extremely difficult window and it would be no surprise to see Rovers looking to engineer a player trading surplus of £7 to £9 million with a reduction in wages of £10 million.

Sadly, I fear that we had to get promotion this season and we now face an uphill struggle reminiscent of the days when Saxton and Mackay were in charge.

That's my view. I think this season was s--t or bust and unfortunately we bust.

So another half team is needed .. Thought we are close ?

how is it?

we need a first choice right back, centre back to challenge Hanley and Kilgallon, goalscorer midfielder and a striker with pace

what the problem now Abbey???

Send him back from whence he came along with Reg Varney !

Millwall fans really don't rate Feeney at all, he played 4 games for Bolton on a short loan in the Autumn, he was obviously trying to impress

but the games were against the lower end teams, 1 win 3 draws, he was MOM against Birmingham(away) the worst home team in the

country.

They would however have Chris Taylor back any day, yet he can't get in our team, so how bad is Feeney, IMO a dodgy one if it

goes through, but maybe a nice bonus for someone.

how is it?

we need a first choice right back, centre back to challenge Hanley and Kilgallon, goalscorer midfielder and a striker with pace

Another attacking midfielder ? How many more do we need ? What about signing somebody who's got the nous to stop all the free shots from around the edge of the area we keep conceding from . I see we signed off with another one on Saturday. If anyone is keeping score how many similar goals have we conceded this season ?

how is it?

er 11 in a team .

4 or 5 is close to half a team.

Blimy we brought in god knows how many this season and you still want another 5 more coming in.

Thought you wanted stabilty but bringing in half a new team is the complete opposite .

we need 4/5 new players to add to the 16/17 squad already here.

we defo need a right back and centre back in. Kane and Keane have gone back after loans. so need replacing.

we need striker with pace to add to the strikeforce of Gestede and Rhodes as third choice.

plus some players leaving like Judge, Best, Dj, Rochina. will Dunn and Olsson have their contracts renew? who knows.

do we have to sell any key players to fund any transfer funds?

we defo need a right back and centre back in. Kane and Keane have gone back after loans. so need replacing.

we need striker with pace to add to the strikeforce of Gestede and Rhodes as third choice.

plus some players leaving like Judge, Best, Dj, Rochina. will Dunn and Olsson have their contracts renew? who knows.

I thought we had a first team squad of close to 40 players + the under 21 and the under 18 players. surely we need to get rid of players first this season before we bring new players in?

how is it?

You've missed the important one a goalkeeper.

will Dunn and Olsson have their contracts renew? who knows.

Jason Lowe perhaps !

Promising player to the few.

Archived