BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much have we already paid for Rhodes and how much is left to pay? If we have 3m left over the next two years then even with his silly wages it is still a reasonable decision to keep him - ie 3m per season for 20 - 30 goals (this is based on the debt being owed to our owners and it not making an awful lot of difference if we are 55 million or 45 million in debt). We either need better medical staff or 2-3 decent players if we are to push for automatic next season - selling rhodes means we would probably have to sign 5 or 6 players to be totally sure of replacing his goals (think if we sold Rhodes and Gestede got injured during preseason)

Pilkington is a good shout as he is a Rovers fans

Need ship out at least another 10 players in the summer, and sign at least 5 whether on loan of permanent I don't mind. Just would like to see a right back, a CM, an additional striker, and a winger brought in.

Songo'o has had an amazing second half of the season at Ross County so I would like to see him given a chance within the squad as back up.

Will be interesting if someone comes in with 10 mill for Rhodes. Personally I would take it... Great finisher, but I think we could find a better team player.

If anyone came in with £10m for Rhodes I would accept it on the proviso that GB was given £5m to add to his transfer kitty to find adequate replacement(s).

Rhodes is a great finisher you're exactly right but far too often he disappears from games completely, with Charlton being the most recent example.

Is this fact ? Curious that's all

"A word for Songo'o though, the finest centre half we have ever had, he is a level above Scottish football."

"Songo is very good player and a class above us that is for sure."

Looks like he's been in SPL team of the week a few times.

Hope GB moves for BlackPools Harrison McGahey ...what a player this lad looks....so composed and strong and has been outstanding each time hes played for Blackpool......

Star at Youth Level but hes taken the big step up like a duck to water.........Blackpool have a Gem there..

I spoke to a Blackpool supporter today and he was glowing in his praise of this lad. He said nothing seems to faze him and he has physicality as well as ability.

Hope GB moves for BlackPools Harrison McGahey ...what a player this lad looks....so composed and strong and has been outstanding each time hes played for Blackpool......

Star at Youth Level but hes taken the big step up like a duck to water.........Blackpool have a Gem there..

Jamie Allen from Rochdale first please, league two player of the month in his debut season and an auto promotion.

A poor man's Craig Conway. Wish him well, but I think it's progress for Rovers if he leaves.

Absolutely. No great loss.

I think he's a decent League One player, not sure whether he's quick enough at Championship level.

IIRC we got him on a free, so if we sold him for £300k - £500k it would be a decent bit of business.

I still think there's a place for Judge if we need someone 'in the hole', but his first-team appearances will probably be limited. I can respect him wanting to leave for regular football. I only wish some of the dossers on the wagebill felt that way.

Marrow can go also. Judge isn't bad but doesn't improve us either. Rovers need no more squad players but few quality signings is the key. Keane is ideally here again on loan but is there PL interest in him also? I would like to see Cairney in mid and a new signing next to him. Evans and Lowe would be the cover. Another striker may be needed but how close is Rittenberg? Could he be third choice? Can we get rid of Best and Campbell? Dunn get another extension? Eastwood can't be number one if Robbo goes.

According to a dingle I know who is scout for the slum dossers he is adamant the dingles are coming in for Rhodes .....no idea if true or stiring anything just saying what he said . He said they are after either him or McCormack

He'd never form a partnership with Ings, he needs a lump to play off like Volkes. Doubt the Ginger one would blow his entire budget on Rhodes, he seems to know what he's doing. Besides the directors pockets need filling again at the turd, no brass for players :)

I still think there's a place for Judge if we need someone 'in the hole', but his first-team appearances will probably be limited. I can respect him wanting to leave for regular football. I only wish some of the dossers on the wagebill felt that way.

Personally I would have Conway or Marshall ahead of Judge to play in the hole (not forgetting Rochina and Dunn if still here next season).

However - I totally agree that he deserves lots of credit for how he has conducted himself. It would have been easy for him to either just sit on the bench and collect a wage - or kick up a fuss. He did neither - quiet word with GB - and a long term loan to get first team football.

If we can get a fee for him - will wish him all the best, and a hearty round of applause when he next returns to Ewood.

Out: Robinson, Eastwood, Kane, Olsson, Judge, Marrow, Dunn, Feeney, Varney, King, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell. (13)

In: At least one reliable keeper, Songo, new centre half, (Keane?) new right back, defensive midfielder, Rochina, back up striker. (7/8)

Out: Robinson, Eastwood, Kane, Olsson, Judge, Marrow, Dunn, Feeney, Varney, King, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell. (13)

In: At least one reliable keeper, Songo, new centre half, (Keane?) new right back, defensive midfielder, Rochina, back up striker. (7/8)

I'm following you around today Rev :)

The loss of Dunn and the general lack of a no.10 would suggest that you would want to continue with 4-4-2? It seems to be gelling well so not a bad idea.

IF, for the tougher games against stronger opponents, we did want to drop Rhodes and play Gestede on his own up front, we could do with a tidy player in no.10 who can unlock a defence. Can Rochina return and do that job? He's inconsistent at best. Anyone got any suggestions?

I see you want to get rid of King aswell? Interesting seeing as he is our only 'burst of pace'. However he is incredibly infuriating and every time I see him play I come away feeling more aggrivated than the last time. Wingers: Conway, Marshall, King, Cairney(?), Taylor (will he depart).... on that basis I would keep him and would look to add another winger to replace the surely outgoing Feeney?

Archived