BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

If you think we are signing a player on a free from Millwall for 20k a week then all you deserve is ridicule.

Can somebody please explain why this is even been discussed? Use yer noggins.

Quite.

Same as if you think we would replace one of the most experienced managers in the league with a total novice, appoint a babbling clown to sort out a disaster, give away a future England international, employ useless hasbeens on astronomic contracts, lasting for all eternity.....

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite.

Same as if you think we would replace one of the most experienced managers in the league with a total novice, appoint a babbling clown to sort out a disaster, give away a future England international, employ useless hasbeens on astronomic contracts, lasting for all eternity.....

I know we do have form Lenny. But it does seem a little unlikely this Feeney tale. Not saying he won't be brought in, but on 20k? Can't see it.

If you think we are signing a player on a free from Millwall for 20k a week then all you deserve is ridicule.

Use your noggin. ?

Nothing makes sense in the world of venkys and agents . Nothing these cretins do would surprise me .

Yours is a balanced view. But I couldn't resist!

Yeah I know. Its been such an unbelievable horror story under this lot its hard to resist reminding yourself of the events we were subjected to. If I hadn't seen it happen with my own eyes then I'd think it was a work of fiction.

Quite.

I'm not going to answer that with a simple "it's all in the past" because it's evident that issues still remain.

I agree with all the points you raise, Jack will be spinning in his grave because of a few charlatans.

In terms of the present though, things are slightly different (just going off the last 12 months). The signings we have made are more reasonable- more expensive ones have involved loans or "try before you buy" and the other few that cost money have resale or are young players.

We've signed a fair few cheapos and failed loans but no expensive flops like Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie, Best etc.

The tide has changed and it doesn't take a brainiac to see that signing backup players for 20k a week or 1m a year is a bit daft and unlikely for a club that's about to embark on a season where it could potentially lose 20m+

So if you believe that's his salary, then you must also believe agents are still running the club. The last 12 months say different to me.

I read that Feeney story yesterday on the same website link that was posted. When i read it there was no mention of the £20k. That part was added later. £20k a week for a squad player at a Championship club trying to reduce their wage bill is obviously bunkum.

As for Feeney, a full pre-season and some match fitness might lead him to be a good squad player. I remember Gestede and Marshall being written off on here after a few games. Neither of those were match fit at the time. Don't let that stop the frothing at the mouth though :-)

Yeah I know. Its been such an unbelievable horror story under this lot its hard to resist reminding yourself of the events we were subjected to. If I hadn't seen it happen with my own eyes then I'd think it was a work of fiction.

You're right. You couldn't make it up.

I was telling some people I met at the weekend. They just had no idea of the enormity. They were exclaiming things like "What about the Premier League, The F.A.! That couldn't be allowed to happen!".......Coming to a club in your town soon....

I read that Feeney story yesterday on the same website link that was posted. When i read it there was no mention of the £20k. That part was added later. £20k a week for a squad player at a Championship club trying to reduce their wage bill is obviously bunkum.As for Feeney, a full pre-season and some match fitness might lead him to be a good squad player. I remember Gestede and Marshall being written off on here after a few games. Neither of those were match fit at the time. Don't let that stop the frothing at the mouth though :-)

Better to froth at the mouth than swallow all the rubbish that comes our way.

If Bowyer signs Feeney, no matter what the wages his credibility with the fans drops to zero.

What part of "WE DO NOT WANT HIM" do you not understand Gary?

It's possible that a player on a FREE transfer could ask for 20k per week when there isn't a fee involved if a club is interested enough. As for agents still running the club, 19 players IN and god knows how many out or loaned. Put your noggin around that for a minute :huh:

If Bowyer signs Feeney, no matter what the wages his credibility with the fans drops to zero.

What part of "WE DO NOT WANT HIM" do you not understand Gary?

What part of "thank god the fans aren't in charge" do you not understand Al?

Sorry for the flippancy, but there is a reason why GB is a paid football professional and you are [insert career here]

I personally agree that from what we have seen he ain't good- but we haven't seen enough to totally write him off in my eyes.

Like I said - even those with "respected" opinions can be wrong often.

It's possible that a player on a FREE transfer could ask for 20k per week when there isn't a fee involved if a club is interested enough. As for agents still running the club, 19 players IN and god knows how many out or loaned. Put your noggin around that for a minute :huh:

No it's not possible. Lower league prem wages are miles apart from our level now- and I'd expect him to earn 8/10k max.

Did we not release or sell even more than that? The players coming in (in most cases) made sense. They also replaced dross brought in for big cash by Steve, shebby and the circus.

So if you believe that's his salary, then you must also believe agents are still running the club. The last 12 months say different to me.

fact?

What part of 'you don't speak for everybody' do you not understand Al?

So you rate Feeney? If so why.

Seems to be a bit of an overreaction on here about Feeney. Chances are he won't come back here but Bowyer hasn't completely ruled it out.

More likely to end up at Bolton. Wherever he ends up, won't be on anything close to 20k.

he's been on the decline for the last few years. We don't need more squad players we need 1st 11 players and he isn't gonna be one of those with King and Conway on the books and Taylor still under contract.

Even on a free, he's not worth it for Rovers.

We need to get smart with our money and focus on 1st team improvements not squaddies.

Re-read Bowyer's comments on Feeney. Hardly the words of a man desperate to sign him.

Plus, it's been reported by several newspapers he's wanted by Bolton after a successful loan spell.

he was so wanted he came to us on loan instead???

What part of 'you don't speak for everybody' do you not understand Al?

What part of having an opinion do you not understand blueboy? Reading through this topic I think I represent enough opinions to say what I did. In my opinion he is in great danger of creating a new Keith Andrews situation.

By the way Jbizzle, in my experience the fans are rarely wrong and some professionals are very reluctant to admit they have made a mistake and push their signing when it is obvious to everyone that it is not going to work.

Archived