BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Moderation Lead

And you say this because ..

Don't forget his mate says he is just a WUM

If I said what I thought I would cop another ban so I will just think it

Careful Abbey, that's not what I said at all.

I said he has a propensity to wind folk up, but then again I've known him over ten years!

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Bowyer in India?

According to the LT he hasn't had a date sorted yet. You'd think they'd want him on the first plane after the season ended. He should have told them the Queen was back in town. They would have been here in 24 hrs :!:

Talking to a Derby fan, they rated him the best right back in the league when he was there and it was quite a shock to them that he ended up in league 1 last season. Far too good for that league whihc as shown in his performances.

He would be a good signing for us. Good going forward and solid defensively too. Only problem with this is I feel Cardiff won't let him go now in they're back in the Champ. Hope we go in for him though, very very good player.

Ha, it's not his default setting in his defence!!

He's probably a really nice guy but he comes across as an arrogant sod on here.

• Moderation Lead

He's probably a really nice guy but he comes across as an arrogant sod on here.

I know, it's easier for me to read his posts, rather than the persona, as I've known him a while!!

How many penalties did he give? The Wigan blackout did cost us big time. The lad is still young but was expected to do better this season.

you wouldn't think Hanley was good enough because of the rash errors he makes. Then again a top coach like Pulis might see his potential and think if he can cut out the errors he has a pretty decent all round game.

Imo, if we are to have any chance of promotion next year we need to move heaven and earth to keep the Hanley and Kilgallon partnership intact. A familiar centre back pairing is key. Albeit that I think there are individually better options available. Personally speaking I never really rated Dann. However I'd bet my first born son that we'd be in the playoffs if he hadn't been sold in January. Consistent understanding is paramount in key areas. In this division they dont even need to be that talented either. Its a roller coaster type of league but it ain't too special in terms of talent.

Not saying we shouldn't strengthen in that area whatsoever. And if Bowyer feels either one was not up to scratch then by all means look to replace. But personally speaking I think a familiar centre half pairing can reap the rewards if they are even deemed 6 or 7 out of 10 type players. If Bowyer is thinking about replacing either of Hanley or Kilgallon then I hope he does it very early in the summer and they get a chance to bed in. Lets be honest, Keane looked a real talent at times. But is it any coincidence we conceded many more goals (stats escape me) during his stay? No slight on the kid. Just takes time to work up an understanding. A back four needs time to gel.

• Moderation Lead

Tomas Kusczcak released from Brighton... Always rated him.

Now that is a surprise (his release!). Should be all over that deal!!!

I know he had a shocker for United at our place a couple of seasons ago but he's regained the early promise he showed at West Brom as he's been playing regular football. I'd take him over Robbo but he'd have to come in as first choice really and is anyone really going to come in for Robbo? He's on a decent wage with us.

Tomas Kusczcak released from Brighton... Always rated him.

Would be a great number 1 for us!

Trouble is we are still waiting for Bowyer to go to India before we do anything so we may not be able to get him even if Bowyer wants to.

If Bowyer signs Feeney, no matter what the wages his credibility with the fans drops to zero.

What part of "WE DO NOT WANT HIM" do you not understand Gary?

The same fans who did not want Marshall, Gestede, Conway, Spurr, etc... I am sorry but Rovers fans throw more mood swings that teenage girls...At the end of the day Feeney isn't going to be starting for us, he will be a back up player...Had we had some decent back up wingers, and youth players we could promote that would be different but as it stands we don't...I mean we had play Cairney out of position for most of this season because of it!

Free Agents List (Possible/Interested)

Matthew Etherington - Stoke. Been a good player, would do well at Championship, pretty settled on the wings though.

Ben Turner - Cardiff. Promotion experience

Andy Wilkinson - Stoke. Solid RB/LB

Matty Fryatt - Hull. Goalscorer, Championship pedigree

Jonathan Parr - Crystal Palace, promotion experience.

Dan Gosling - Newcastle, a rebuild project, but potential is there.

Don Cowie - Cardiff, linked in January, promotion experience.

Matthew Briggs - Fulham, young CB

Tommy Smith - Cardiff, another with multiple Championship promotions on his CV.

Stuart Holden - Bolton, beseiged by injuries, was a decent Premier League player before then.

Gonzalo Jara - Forest, World Cup bound right back, solid.

Matt Derbyshire - Forest, a return for the local lad?

Georgios Samaras - Celtic, World Cup bound, probably better than people think.

Mame Diouf - Wolfburg, the ex Rover, out of contract in Germany.

• Backroom

The PIG (Pole in goal I can't spell his name) is brilliant for this league I'd say possibly the best keeper in the league

He would be ideal

Roverstdt states "At the end of the day Feeney is going to be starting for us, he will be a back up player.. "

And abbey sees feeney is going to be starting for us.

I can see he typed that as everyone can, but if you just pasted the bit after the comer, it is quite easy to see perhaps he has made a slight mistake and it would be polite to either read between the lines or ask what he means before you take that as his opinion to further your own negative boring defensive posts.

This sums up perfectly certain characters on here, and one of the many problems faced on message boards.

Archived