BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Alan Nixon, Bowyer is looking to sign Alex Bruce from Hull on a free transfer. out of contract.

Fryatt not going to come as a back up. same with Jara and Parr.

Wilkinson would be a good choice. will he have better offers? Maybe

Derbyshire isn't someone id particular want I think we can do better but it would be no surprise if he or Gallagher came.

I can't see any reason to sign Varney or Feeney either

I thought he was going to sign last season, after the legends match. He's a year older now - can't see it.

According to Alan Nixon, Bowyer is looking to sign Alex Bruce from Hull on a free transfer. out of contract.

Fryatt not going to come as a back up. same with Jara and Parr.

Wilkinson would be a good choice. will he have better offers? Maybe

Another old boy coming back then, seemed decent at this level but how old is he now ?

On Derbyshire he was never good enough to be a regular Prem starter and he wasn't 6ft tall so Big Sam was always going to cash him in. However I think he's realised what he is now and may be happy as a back up striker here, we've had a real problem killing games off and he's a good striker to bring on later in games to bag a goal when the oppo's getting stretched it's his speciality. Be good foil for Rudy and maybe even Rhodes as he makes wide runs. Far better back up than Varney imo.

So if Feeney goes to Bolton will there be mass uproar from their supporters about them signing a player who isn't good enough? I doubt that very much.

I won't be disappointed if we don't sign him but there must be something about him if both Blackburn and Bolton are keen on signing him. Unless Rovers supporters have seen more from his five substitute appearances than both Bowyer and Freedman.

What have specific transfer targets got to do with the punatics? Budgets yes but targets?? Hmmm. Like they'd know who the hell he is on about. Bowyer could suggest he's after Minnie Mouse and they would be non-plus.

End of season report? It's like a naughty child being sent to the head lol

All of this could be done by email, skype, carrier pigeon.

What have specific transfer targets got to do with the punatics? Budgets yes but targets?? Hmmm. Like they'd know who the hell he is on about. Bowyer could suggest he's after Minnie Mouse and they would be non-plus.

End of season report? It's like a naughty child being sent to the head lol

All of this could be done by email, skype, carrier pigeon.

I bet Bowyer will get more out of a conversation with a carrier pigeon than with the idiots in Pune...

Bowyer is expected to be in Pune by Saturday to meet the owners. he will delivery his end of season report, sort out the transfer and wage budget and next season targets

Source is LT

I wonder why Myers is going too? I can't see that there is any benefit from him being any part of these talks. Maybe he's just going over to meet his paymasters but something tells me we might be treated to a blow by blow account of the wonderful and productive talks with our most generous and hospitable owners on twitter.

If Robbo was to leave then the Yeovil keeper Marek Stech is out of contract and has said that he wants to stay in the Championship, whenever I have seen him play he has always impressed me. Pleased that we have missed out on Feeney as we can do far better than him and Alex Bruce would be a good signing as he is experienced at this level and he would be solid back up to Hanley and Kilgallon.

I wonder why Myers is going too? I can't see that there is any benefit from him being any part of these talks. Maybe he's just going over to meet his paymasters but something tells me we might be treated to a blow by blow account of the wonderful and productive talks with our most generous and hospitable owners on twitter.

Such cynicism!!

You have made a good start, Patrick. Shall we have a go at guessing some of the words we will see? .

Descriptors for the owners? "generous hosts," oh yes,," supportive, long term commitment, determined to reach the Premier League, dedicated, passionate" anybody?

"Now having to reduce the budget to abide by the new FFP rules?" Yep. (Stress that is the reason for the difficult financial decisions,Alan, not previous mistakes by the owners.)

"Confused?" maybe not such a good word, Alan. Best to avoid that one..."Our baby?" Well, it does rather invite negative associations with child protection disasters. Avoid that too, Alan?

I know ..how about "We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy?" Yes, that sounds great, but ...wait a minute, wasn't that in the Rao's very first pronouncement?..along with "We will be actively ....to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run clubs in the Premier League" OOPS!

Maybe with Feeney he always knew he'd be going to Bolton when his contract ran out and that was his favoured destination, hence his non showing here. According to some of them it was a done deal ages ago. His agents probably got him a gig here for a bit to try and get Bolton to up his wages or screw a silly contract out of Venkys. May do ok for them but they are welcome to him.

Just saw Lewis Grabban moving to Cardiff for 3 million. Watched his goal against us for Bournemouth this year - I hope we aren't relying too much on Jason Lowe and Paul Robinson to get us promoted this year. Lowe backs off and backs off until he is level with the defence, Robinson takes an age to get down to it.

I think work needs to be done before we can be confident of promotion!

If Robbo was to leave then the Yeovil keeper Marek Stech is out of contract and has said that he wants to stay in the Championship, whenever I have seen him play he has always impressed me. Pleased that we have missed out on Feeney as we can do far better than him and Alex Bruce would be a good signing as he is experienced at this level and he would be solid back up to Hanley and Kilgallon.

If Robbo was to leave then both David Forde (Millwall) and Kieran Westwood off Sunderland are both available on frees and would be very good options IMO.

Archived