BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England would like somebody who can run with the ball like Dunny used to. We're just not producing players like that anymore.

really? Sterling, Chamberlaine, Lallana and Barkley are all excellent dribblers. Better than we have had since at least mcmannaman and anderton. ANd all better than Dunn ever was by a long chalk. love Dunn, but england have a lot of similarl and quicker options now.

Kamy on twitter is saying a couple of Bolton fans are saying the Freedham wants Leon Best. please be true

It's whether he wants him at 35k a week that may be the stumbling block.

Fingers crossed though.

If we waive any sort of fee someone may be daft enough

King is useful but must improve to be a regular starter. Marshall is ahead of him on right but there is a real competition. Is neither of them good enough for a full season is something no one know yet. If we could get rid of most of the deadwood we could go for another winger.

King's finishing needs some major work in my opinion, great at beating a man etc but the end product is missing a lot of the time!

I think opinion is a little harsh... He made quite a few assists towards the end of the season... Perhaps deserves a bit of credit.

After QPR win at Wembley Arry will sign every free agent who can kick the ball and also bring many in on loan from continental clubs.

QPR will not win at Wembley and I guarantee after that, Arry will leave, by mutual consent of course!

really? Sterling, Chamberlaine, Lallana and Barkley are all excellent dribblers. Better than we have had since at least mcmannaman and anderton. ANd all better than Dunn ever was by a long chalk. love Dunn, but england have a lot of similarl and quicker options now.

I would say Dunny in his prime was as good as anyone, hence his England call up. At age 22 to 25 he was as good as I have seen from a home grown player at Ewood in my lifetime. Sadly I think Souness was right about his lifestyle. If he had concentrated more on his career and worked as hard as some, on his fitness, he would have won a lot of caps in my opinion.

Ive always been a big fan of Dunn but I can see this being the end of the road for him. I can't see him commanding less than 25k pw and I think Bowyer might see that as an opportunity to make a saving and bring in someone on a fraction of that wage. If he leaves I think its imperative we bring in someone who can travel with the ball like Dunn does. Those ten yard bursts make such a difference to us in the final third. Others are capable but few have the wherewithal to run into such dangerous areas of the pitch. In an ideal world it would be great if Dunn took a cut to match his availability but it won't happen and I'm sure other clubs in the division will be willing to pay him what he wants.

Nobody in this league will pay Dunny 25k pw. More importantly, I really don't think this is what he will be on. When he was re-signed (or it might have been when he did his first contract renewal after that) it was reported that he was signing a heavily performance related contract. This will mean he is on nothing like 25k pw basic. My guess would be something like 10-15k basic, with healthy add ons. But I can't seem to find a source for this performance related contract...pretty sure I'm remembering rightly though.

We'll soon see how good they are at top level.

I would say Dunny in his prime was as good as anyone, hence his England call up. At age 22 to 25 he was as good as I have seen from a home grown player at Ewood in my lifetime.

Sadly your lifetime does not include Bryan Douglas. An absolute genius.

Dunn was an excellent player in his time but not of that class.

Is he any good? The rest of our Cardiff signings haven't done too badly...

He comes highly recommended by a friend who works for Cardiff. The same friend told me that Gestede and Conway would be really good players for us so I value his opinion.

When it comes to beating men with the ball at his feet Bryan was awesome.

ive heard that many times before but unfortunatey i'm not old enough to have seen him play , is there no footage anywhere of him in his prime ?

ive heard that many times before but unfortunatey i'm not old enough to have seen him play , is there no footage anywhere of him in his prime ?

Not really. When Tom Finney died it was the same. No real archive film. Take it from me matey , he was the real deal. A pal of mine played against Bryan when he was winding down at Great Harwood. He said " Tyrone, he could beat you stood still. A dip of the shoulder, you went one way and he went the other "

IMO we need a RB, CB and a striker. I'd aim for better/different to what we have in all three departments as I don't believe in "buying cover"

Oh and Dunny has been offered a new contract and whilst it's not as much as he'd like, I think he'll sign!

IMO we need a RB, CB and a striker. I'd aim for better/different to what we have in all three departments as I don't believe in "buying cover"

Oh and Dunny has been offered a new contract and whilst it's not as much as he'd like, I think he'll sign!

Dont forget a quality keeper too.

Kamy on twitter is saying a couple of Bolton fans are saying the Freedham wants Leon Best.

please be true

The sooner we get rid the better. The guy is a scumbag. I was happy when we signed him and really thought he could do well for us in the Championship. But he's been totally sceptic.

In terms of signings, I see a new goalkeeper, a right back, a centre back, a combative central midfielder and another striker as being the five signings that we need to make. There is still plenty of dead wood in the side that needs dumped to free up space. Leon Best would be a start. Goodwillie, Etuhu and Judge would be three more players that we should lose to free up space in the squad and in wages.

We do not need 5 more players. And who is going to take the players you mentioned?

We have Robinson as a goalkeeper, more than good enough, and plenty of midfielders. He shouldn't be allowed to sign a striker either until Best and Campbell go.

Just a centre back and right back for now.

We do not need 5 more players. And who is going to take the players you mentioned?

We have Robinson as a goalkeeper, more than good enough, and plenty of midfielders. He shouldn't be allowed to sign a striker either until Best and Campbell go.

Just a centre back and right back for now.

Why should he not be allow to sign a striker this summer?

We need 4 signings.

Cowie would be very good signing. Experience in the Championship. Has promotion experience aswell.

In today's LT is reporting that we are closing in on Luke Varney. (Messageboard meltdown lol) thought we would sign this summer tbh.

Just for the record I wouldnt sign Varney.

Archived