BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Moderation Lead

Ah yeah, forgot about him. He was on loan at Wigan towards the back end of last season I think.

Think we still need to shift the deadwood, hopefully permanently this time, before even thinking about bringing in new faces!!

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it's Phillips or Nugent, the former has retired and Nugent is signing a new deal...

Wood has been class for them since signing, so I'd have thought they'd be keeping him.

Knowing our luck it's some sh1thouse reject they keep binning off on loan....

Wood has not started much with Nugent and Vardy being their first choices this season. 8 goals in 29 games this season. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51339

Could Leicester be in for Rhodes and offering cash plus Wood maybe? this is just a suggestion by myself before everyone goes mad and angry

Waghorn has signed permanent for Wigan http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26895628

we cant wait for us to move the deadwood and miss out on good players who was add to the squad

Doubt it's Phillips or Nugent, the former has retired and Nugent is signing a new deal...

Wood has been class for them since signing, so I'd have thought they'd be keeping him.

Knowing our luck it's some sh1thouse reject they keep binning off on loan....

Was Paul Gallagher on loan at Preston?

• Backroom

we cant wait for us to move the deadwood and miss out on good players who was add to the squad

Yet we cant afford to sign people on the assumption that we can find adopters for our unwanted bodies.

Catch 22!

If Bowyer thinks this coming season will be tougher than last and I agree with him...

Then why oh why are we trying to sign Varney ?

maybe its Vardy we're trying to sign, and not Varney

Jamie Vardy ex of Fleetwood Town, signed for Leicester, pacey goalscorer (i think), did ok in championship and is young ( he seems to be all the things Luke Varney isn't)

Waghorn signed for Wigan last month after his loan ended. Forget about Vardy, important player at Leicester, no chance they'd let him go.

Remember, our standard of player is Varney now. Let's be realistic, we need a hard working striker who will never realistically play ahead of Gestede or Rhodes and that doesn't score goals, won't increase in value and will pile further pressure on our finances... Makes complete sense doesn't it?!

• Moderation Lead

maybe its Vardy we're trying to sign, and not Varney

Jamie Vardy ex of Fleetwood Town, signed for Leicester, pacey goalscorer (i think), did ok in championship and is young ( he seems to be all the things Luke Varney isn't)

I.E Good?

• Moderation Lead

I didn't think you'd fall into the "he's either good or he's @#/? bracket"

I don't....I just don't think Varney is good, based on what I've seen of him. Though I'm happy to be proven wrong!!!!

I don't....I just don't think Varney is good, based on what I've seen of him. Though I'm happy to be proven wrong!!!!

In 5 or 6 sub appearances? Only game he started was dingle game and he looked useful in the air. Same as feeney for me, ain't seen nearly enough of either to give an honest view on their talents.

In 5 or 6 sub appearances? Only game he started was dingle game and he looked useful in the air. Same as feeney for me, ain't seen nearly enough of either to give an honest view on their talents.

So they've come in, both are fit and they've barely made a few sub apps whilst training with the squad for a few months each. Surely that just indicates they are no better or worse than what we have? King get fit and Cairney goes inside, feeney didn't do that and Varney pushed no-one for their place as proven by his limited apps.

Whilst I can understand the signing, he's clearly come in and fitted in, we went down the loyalty route way last season. The potential is very strong (wages) that we could be stuck with DJ N Best as well next season, so maybe GB should have said to Varney, Once we shift them I'll bring you in. But for me this summer should be about 1 thing, Quality of player. I have no doubt we could pick up a 1 in 6/7 striker at this level no probs towards the end of the window if needed.

Your inability to see things from any other point of view than your own, makes any personal insult you may throw my way irellevant. If you think I'm on the wind up, think of what I must think of you when the only thing you bring to discussion is "your a WUM"

It's simple for me. We could name a few different players for the backup striker role but with money tight and a squad bereft of experience, Varney seems a decent choice. Notice I said Decent. Not Exciting or Amazing, Decent. You need a hard working experienced squad with different strengths- look at Burnley. I would have told people to shut up, if they had of told me Sam Vokes would be a Prem striker- and after this season he deserves it.

Too many of you just want to write players off. I'll remind you again what the chief reporter for brfcs said about Rudy after one game;

"A poor mans Leon Best"

Fair enough, Kamy admitted he was wrong but to me that sums up lots of opinions on footballers- too shortsighted, black and white and judgemental.

I still don't see any suggestions strikers who are free, cheap wages, good attitude, with a decent record and experience.

I notice your a big neggy :)

Does being a pillock come natural to you or did you take a course?

Does being a pillock come natural to you or did you take a course?

Very pointless message Al, thought you were better than that.

I don't think that's a bad post from JBizzle. He's explained his thoughts on the subject of Varney and also included an example of the degree to which fans are in fact overly judgmental of players.

I actually thought he had a decent game on one of the few occasions that I saw him start (against Burnley). Played out of position and against decent full-backs in Trippier and Mee I thought he did a good job, both aerially/holding the ball up, and working back to protect Spurr & Henley (who had a nightmare).

I'm not saying he's my first choice but sometimes you need lads like that. Someone who is happy to play anywhere for you and do any job you ask of them. This nonsense about 'only sign players that improve your first 11' is really not true. I'm sure Mourinho didn't sign Schwarzer to improve the first 11, nor did SAF sign Michael Owen & possibly Laurent Blanc for that reason. Arsene Wenger re-signing Flamini, Redknapp signing Saha at Spurs, Rovers signing Tony Gale. That full list weren't signed as first team starters but they provide depth, cover and most importantly cheap wages.

Like I said before, couldn't give a toss about your personal insults Al.

And I also care little about yours. Insults from fools I take as compliments.

And I also care little about yours. Insults from fools I take as compliments.

If you notice I haven't made any, the reason for that is clear. If your in discussion with someone and it gets to the point where one sides only input is "you're wrong, wind up, Pillock" etc- no more is discussion is needed. You've made it clear that I don't need to hurl insults, you make yourself look stupid without my help.

This this is my last reply to you on the matter. It's clogging up the topic!

...and thanks Jimmy.

I'm not saying he's my first choice but sometimes you need lads like that. Someone who is happy to play anywhere for you and do any job you ask of them. This nonsense about 'only sign players that improve your first 11' is really not true. I'm sure Mourinho didn't sign Schwarzer to improve the first 11, nor did SAF sign Michael Owen & possibly Laurent Blanc for that reason. Arsene Wenger re-signing Flamini, Redknapp signing Saha at Spurs, Rovers signing Tony Gale. That full list weren't signed as first team starters but they provide depth, cover and most importantly cheap wages.

Didnt Gary point out that he could do a job in so many positions, also with his experience from the championship makes him a good squad player. 77 goals from 350 games is ok.

Are you really comparing those players to Varney??? We already have depth, we need to improve the 1st 11, not the 40-50 squadies we already have.

Archived