BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If in the grim event that Rhodes was to leave then Best would probably be a shoe in to replace him. Not sure how that would pan out and I certainly wouldn't recommend it but he'd have to be a million times better than any of the others on our books or Luke flaming Varney !

Definitely better than Varney, who incidentally was at Weds 4 years ago and the fans don't want him back.

'Hardworking with a bit of pace, but a shocking finisher' is how most summed him up on 'owlstalk' oh and he's probably lost

a bit of the pace now.'

As for Best if what someone said about his 'little clique' is true, then the manager should sort it out, I would keep fining him

2 weeks wages until he got his act together, I reckon he'd back down in the end, because no other club would pay him what

he's getting here.

Just to clarify...hell would have to freeze over (or Bowyer sacked) before Best would ever "get back into the fold. Bowyer and his team highlighted early on that the principle task was to create an ethos which was indicative of Rovers. This idea of honest hardworking footballers willing to give everything for the TEAM now runs through the club...BECAUSE the likes of Best are gone...NO CHANCE.

Juntkiewiz is a good player but similar to Gestede plus Borough will want a fee - not likely.

I hope the backup keeper position is being discussed so we don't end up in the same position as we were at the start of last season if Robbo get's crocked where confidence in the keeper crumbled.

My confidence in Robbo has crumbled to be honest. So poor at saving low shots (accept he has some strengths as well - leadership, some shot stopping, his kicks.)

If someone was to take Robbo off our hands and we could replace him with someone like Kuzchak I would be delighted.

My confidence in Robbo has crumbled to be honest. So poor at saving low shots (accept he has some strengths as well - leadership, some shot stopping, his kicks.)

If someone was to take Robbo off our hands and we could replace him with someone like Kuzchak I would be delighted.

In my opinion chances of improving on Robbo in this league are pretty remote.

• Backroom

If that's true and his wage will be between 5 and 10k I can see the reasoning behind it.

I don't think he's terrible I just think we could look to do better

I think we should have left him as a "fall back" option if we couldn't find anyone better.

It's only mid-May but that £5-10k of salary is now tied up and the place taken.

I reckon there is younger, better out there. someone with a few goals in them who's happy to join a club like Rovers and wait for an opportunity. In keeping with the mantra of other signings recently. B@llux to the squad boosting being banded about, we've a huge squad and squad players are ten a penny if you look around. Wasn't his reason for leaving Leeds to join us on loan because he wasn't getting a look in the side and wasn't seeing eye to eye with their gaffer ?, opposite to what's in that article.

I think we should have left him as a "fall back" option if we couldn't find anyone better.

It's only mid-May but that £5-10k of salary is now tied up and the place taken.

I reckon there is younger, better out there. someone with a few goals in them who's happy to join a club like Rovers and wait for an opportunity. In keeping with the mantra of other signings recently. B@llux to the squad boosting being banded about, we've a huge squad and squad players are ten a penny if you look around. Wasn't his reason for leaving Leeds to join us on loan because he wasn't getting a look in the side and wasn't seeing eye to eye with their gaffer ?, opposite to what's in that article.

Quite right. A waste of a wage that could otherwise have improved the team pool. (In my opinion Jbizzle :glare:)

Difficult to believe the wages average lower division players are on nowadays. I see the £400k a year or so that Varney is on as more shocking than the £10m or so that top players in Europe earn.

Even more shocking considering he's league 1 standard.

Really not chuffed with Varney signing.

I keep an eye on when the contracts of our deadwood are going to end to get them off our wage bill. Unless varney shows something he didn't last season Varney will be one I look out for.

Not progress in my book.

Varney will be signed on a juicy contract then put on the bench then he will ask to go on loan because it suits all parties with Rovers paying 99 percent of the wages...

Varney is a signng that is beyond understanding and the manager should justify his reasoning......

Varney will be signed on a juicy contract then put on the bench then he will ask to go on loan because it suits all parties with Rovers paying 99 percent of the wages...

Varney is a signng that is beyond understanding and the manager should justify his reasoning......

I think his reasoning for signing him was because of Goodwillie, Best and Cambell having question marks regarding attitude and/or criminal investigations either past or looming.

Hence only having Rhodes and Rudy.

I think his reasoning for signing him was because of Goodwillie, Best and Cambell having question marks regarding attitude and/or criminal investigations either past or looming.

Not according to Bowyer it wasn't.

“Luke was desperate to play and we saw that from his attitude and his performances when he did play for us.

I remember Reading away, he was playing like a centre half at the death. They were chucking balls at us and he was there heading and kicking them away.

He’s such a lively character and he’s got the experience that I think we have needed. He did not play enough in his own mind because of the form of the front two.

But he worked his socks off every day in training and he was so supportive of the front two.

He also has the ability to play out wide as well, so he was fantastic for us even though he didn’t feature as much as he would have liked.”

Then I believe that the sensible thing to do is wait until a better prospect is available. We have most of the summer to look around. No need to sign the first lame dog that whimpers in our direction.

Archived