BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

Fair do's but don't worry there will be something else along soon for everyone to squabble about. ST prices out soon although no doubt someone will drag Varney into that !

Yes you're probably right!

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will keep my input short today. Etuhu can @#/? off elsewhere, that Rhodes story is garbage and still think Varney is an absolutely awful signing.

Personally don't want to see anyone coming in until we shift on the deadwood.

I must say I can't see why Martinez would be after Rhodes when he already has Naismith, who from what I have seen appears to be much better

suited to the PL with his extra pace and graft, which is also the reason he is a regular for Scotland and JR isn't.

But there will be a lot more speculation before the end of August regards Jordan, that's for sure !

Makes you laugh doesn't it, Bowyers record in the transfer market has been nothing short of remarkable in the grand scheme of things, yet we have the championship manager brigade on here questioning his judgement on Varney.

Laughable!

As for Rhodes, I doubt very much he'll be here next season, it's simply down to the owners, cash in or not?

Remarkable? It's about 50/50.

• Backroom

Wouldn't be surprised to see QPR take a punt on Rhodes now

Not sure they need to. Zamora, Austin, Remy (only out on loan isn't he?), Andy Johnson will assumedly remain there, they've got Hoilett who can play in an advanced position as well and Taraabt potentially to come back as well. Not sure they need a striker.

That's because I don't post 'high horse posts' Tom, that wasn't my intention and he could well turn out to be cr@p, even after a pre-season.

But if you go back 3 or 4 pages and read the complete over reaction to the signing you'd probably understand my sentiments.

There is no over reaction to wasting a wage. You are morphing into Chaddy GAV. Not like you.

Did someone actually compare Varney to Rhodes above?

Quite remarkable.

What we need to do if we hope to improve into the promotion positions is keep Rhodes and hope Gestede can maintain his new found scoring form. Then we will be genuine contenders.

• Backroom

Six on the list:

Blackburn Rovers announce that the following players have been placed on the transfer list...

Leon Best, D.J. Campbell, Dickson Etuhu, David Goodwillie, Alex Marrow, Jordan Slew.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-transfer-list-six-1572548.aspx#9LyK9cxaWASaYplC.99

No surprises in there

• Backroom

Its an odd move granted but these days people are constantly asking for clarity.

No Rochina on the list could mean he is going to get a go here or that (possibly more likely) he's already found a new home.

Six on the list:

Blackburn Rovers announce that the following players have been placed on the transfer list...

Leon Best, D.J. Campbell, Dickson Etuhu, David Goodwillie, Alex Marrow, Jordan Slew.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-transfer-list-six-1572548.aspx#9LyK9cxaWASaYplC.99

No surprises in there

No shock there.

Clearly not in Bowyer plans for the first team.

Said Best wouldnt be in Bowyer plans.

• Backroom

Well it didn't take a genius to work that out dude!

It's all academic either way every single one of our players is for sale at the right price, finding buyers for the ones we don't want is the issue!

• Backroom

The Judge hasn't been listed, given another chance in pre season perhaps?

I imagine no need to list him either as Brentford will take him

Lets hope the whole amount of any (if any) transfer fees that we receive from the above list comes to the club and doesn't go on a sun soaked holiday .

Be interesting to see what happens to Rochina

A guestimate of 125k? a week savings if we can get rid of all of them, so 1 million (or a shelfy as its called in football circles) savings every two months

I know that Etuhu probably released his rousing speech as a result of being told he's been put up for transfer. But I do prefer the timeline on here.

Etuhu press release - "ive got unfinished business at rovers"

Rovers press release - "Etuhu is placed on the transfer list".

Gotta love that.

Archived