BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure someone mentioned that Tumwa kid as the next big thing about 3months ago.... Isn't he the Australian? Wonder what's happened there.

Also see they're releasing Dunn and Olsson. Thought Olsson actually had two good games at the end of the season at Charlton and against Wigan. Not shown enough clearly.

Dunny: no coaching role or anything. Interesting

I think you might be confusing Aaron Tumwa with Hyuga Tanner.

Tumwa is the left back who came on trial from Watford last year and we gave him a deal to the end of the season, but ultimately didn't stand out in his time with us.

Hyuga Tanner is the 17 year old Australian who has put in a number of good displays recently in the Under 21s.

Looking at the players out of contract from the premier league, there are some decent ones there - Sebastien Larsson, Craig Gardner, Jack Colback, Anthony Pilkington, Marc Wilson, Alexander Tettey, Liam Ridgewell, Phil Bardsley, Peter Whittingham, Ricardo Vaz Te, Billy Jones, Andy WIlikinson, Lukasz Fabianski, Vellios, Dedrick Boyata, Shola Ameobi, Ettherington, Keiran Westwood, Steven Reid, David Fox, Don Cowie, and Julian Speroni.

A lot of them are out of our range wage wise and some will probably stay in the Premier League, but I'd definitely be taking a look at Billy Jones, Albrighton, Vaz Te, and Whittingham. Obviously I wouldn;t be looking to sign all 4, but Whittingham in particular is a real quality player in the Championship.

I think Bowyer should only be allowed to sign a right back and a centre back.

We don't need a lorry load more of @#/? wingers and strikers. He should make do with people like Best and Judge in the squad as back up whilst they are still being paid.

We don't need a lorry load more of @#/? wingers and strikers. He should make do with people like Best and Judge in the squad as back up whilst they are still being paid.

I don't think he's allowed to play Leon Best anyway because if his bonuses etcetera payed should he score. Judge on the other hand will go to Brentford.

Right back and Centre back the priorty for us this summer. plus a striker with pace.

Judge wants out. has said he wants to play more and have first team football. not just be a back up for Rovers.

Best? haha. shocking attitude. lets get him out the door even if its a loan again.

Rather have Goodwillie has 3rd choice than Best.

I would look to sign Kane Hemmings from Cowdenbeath. been scoring goals and Rovers scouts have been scouting him according to Unleaded.

• Backroom

Best's attitude hasn't arisen at Sheffield Wednesday interestingly.

I think he's in a different league to Varney and a better option than most as backup but ultimately too expensive and too volatile for Bowyer to handle.

I would look to sign Kane Hemmings from Cowdenbeath. been scoring goals and Rovers scouts have been scouting him according to Unleaded.

I'm not sure you'd be saying that if you'd watched him the other night.

Perhaps harsh to judge on one match but he looked distinctly average at what seemed a pretty poor standard of football. Didn't seem to have a standout attribute.

Looking at the players out of contract from the premier league, there are some decent ones there - Sebastien Larsson, Craig Gardner, Jack Colback, Anthony Pilkington, Marc Wilson, Alexander Tettey, Liam Ridgewell, Phil Bardsley, Peter Whittingham, Ricardo Vaz Te, Billy Jones, Andy WIlikinson, Lukasz Fabianski, Vellios, Dedrick Boyata, Shola Ameobi, Ettherington, Keiran Westwood, Steven Reid, David Fox, Don Cowie, and Julian Speroni.

A lot of them are out of our range wage wise and some will probably stay in the Premier League, but I'd definitely be taking a look at Billy Jones, Albrighton, Vaz Te, and Whittingham. Obviously I wouldn;t be looking to sign all 4, but Whittingham in particular is a real quality player in the Championship.

I'd have Steven Reid back. It seems like he has finally gotten over his injury problems and was a regular for WBA, particularly at right back, where we are short. He would also add much needed steel to the midfield. He's getting on now, but he's the type of hard edged player that we missed last season and would be an asset if he remained healthy.

Surely we should be trying to sign Anthony pilkongton on a free, quality player and a local lad.

He isn't on a free. He has an option for another year as have Norwich. He isn't taking the option up and as such can leave but Norwich will want a fee. He is the dynamic type of player we should be looking at but would he drop down to the Championship.

• Moderation Lead

He isn't on a free. He has an option for another year as have Norwich. He isn't taking the option up and as such can leave but Norwich will want a fee. He is the dynamic type of player we should be looking at but would he drop down to the Championship.

Does he have much choice? Norwich went down? He hardly played last season as well, so I'd be surprised if there was any PL interest...

We already have Conway, King, Marshall, Judge and Taylor. Why sign another winger on what would be decent wages?

Judge will be leaving. expect him to Join Brentford. Judge wants first team football. he wont get it at Rovers.

King could be use as our 3rd choice striker and give us that pace we lack up front. I would like to see him play more up front.

I'd look at Gardner but think wage demands would rule us out.

I'd love Ridgewell as a CB and he can cover at LB, Whittingham we should definitely be looking at, he has run this division in the past for Cardiff but again could depend on wages. Billy Jones or Boyata as RBs, maybe look at Reid but not convinced his injuries are sorted. We were linked with Cowie as well towards end of season so could be one to watch out for. Marc Wilson is also an interesting one, very versatile in playing in a number of positions, solid performer when I've seen him play

Judge will be leaving. expect him to Join Brentford. Judge wants first team football. he wont get it at Rovers.

King could be use as our 3rd choice striker and give us that pace we lack up front. I would like to see him play more up front.

King is poor up top but very dangerous out wide, and even had end product v Birmingham and Charlton.

King's finishing needs some major work in my opinion, great at beating a man etc but the end product is missing a lot of the time!

I think the problem is he doesn't seem to realise it. With Rhodes and Gestede up front, and Cairney and Conway about, King just needs to be creating opportunities for them. If he gets in a position for a simple tap in then great, but King and Lowe took quite a few shots from distance last season, and other than Lowe's freak goal, we wasted a lot of chances.

Don't think Bowyer helps by saying he wants more goals from Lowe and King, we have some great finishers - can't have 11 Gary!

Archived