BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

Roverstdt states "At the end of the day Feeney is going to be starting for us, he will be a back up player.. "

And abbey sees feeney is going to be starting for us.

I can see he typed that as everyone can, but if you just pasted the bit after the comer, it is quite easy to see perhaps he has made a slight mistake and it would be polite to either read between the lines or ask what he means before you take that as his opinion to further your own negative boring defensive posts.

This sums up perfectly certain characters on here, and one of the many problems faced on message boards.

It was tongue in cheek you positive exciting attacking poster

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same fans who did not want Marshall, Gestede, Conway, Spurr, etc... I am sorry but Rovers fans throw more mood swings that teenage girls...At the end of the day Feeney is going to be starting for us, he will be a back up player...Had we had some decent back up wingers, and youth players we could promote that would be different but as it stands we don't...I mean we had play Cairney out of position for most of this season because of it!

Cairney has played on the wing because bowyer didn't want to disrupt his favourite combination of Lowe/Williamson, but he also wanted to play cairney. Hopefully he has seen that cairney is better in the middle and will carry on with Evans/cairney next season

Seems odd that Brighton have released Kusczcak, when we played them at their place this season he made 3/4 excellent saves. I'm assuming he must have been on big, big money and they can't afford to carry on like that.

Brighton made massive losses last year and no doubt are now having to make cutbacks, which is why their manager has walked out.

With that in mind I wouldn't have thought Rovers will be signing him. Not when we have Robinson's considerable wage to pay for another 12 months. A Championship club cannot afford to have two goalkeepers on big money. If Robinson were to somehow leave the club then that situation obviously changes, but until he does I don't think a goalkeeper will be joining us.

There are some very good Championship players coming available this summer which I would like to see us make a move on. A right back and a centre back are the obvious ones, plus a third striker (despite the imminent signing of Varney). I cannot understand why people are still obsessed with Matt Derbyshire. He wasn't good enough when he left us and has done very little since then to suggest he is up to it. Too much is put on signing 'local lads' than actually considering his record. In 3 years at Forest he played 44 games and scored 8.

Free Agents List (Possible/Interested)

Matthew Etherington - Stoke. Been a good player, would do well at Championship, pretty settled on the wings though.

Ben Turner - Cardiff. Promotion experience

Andy Wilkinson - Stoke. Solid RB/LB

Matty Fryatt - Hull. Goalscorer, Championship pedigree

Jonathan Parr - Crystal Palace, promotion experience.

Dan Gosling - Newcastle, a rebuild project, but potential is there.

Don Cowie - Cardiff, linked in January, promotion experience.

Matthew Briggs - Fulham, young CB

Tommy Smith - Cardiff, another with multiple Championship promotions on his CV.

Stuart Holden - Bolton, beseiged by injuries, was a decent Premier League player before then.

Gonzalo Jara - Forest, World Cup bound right back, solid.

Matt Derbyshire - Forest, a return for the local lad?

Georgios Samaras - Celtic, World Cup bound, probably better than people think.

Mame Diouf - Wolfburg, the ex Rover, out of contract in Germany.

Some very good names in there, lots that have championship experience and would do a job that's for sure.

Still say that the signing of Feeney and/or Varney to be a backward step. Never sign a player who is worse than the ones you already have, even as backup. It's the way down the league. If you have to wait, wait until the right one is available.

Orlandi is a very good winger. Would like to see Rovers pick him up now he's a free transfer. He's a bit like Conway in that he's got no pace but his deliveries are top class.

Imagine he was on a decent wage and couldn't afford to keep him.

Orlandi is a very good winger. Would like to see Rovers pick him up now he's a free transfer. He's a bit like Conway in that he's got no pace but his deliveries are top class.

Imagine he was on a decent wage and couldn't afford to keep him.

He'd be a very good signing as he can also play central midfield and would add some real flair to our midfield.

Michael Keane is playing for United under 21's in the league final.

• Moderation Lead

They must be flapping post play-off failure again!

I remember it all kicking off last year after they lost to Palace at the same stage, and Poyet left, now Garcia has threatened to quit. Bizarre!

Look like Feeney is going to sign for Bolton instead of us.

I think we will sign Varney tho. wouldn't be shocked at that but IMO a player I wouldn't have sign if he does.

Tomasz Kuszczak would be a very good signing for us but if we are going to sign him then Robinson would have to leave the club. wonder if they will be any clubs interest in Robinson? IMO very doubt it tbh.

Free Agents List (Possible/Interested)

Ben Turner - Cardiff. Promotion experience

Andy Wilkinson - Stoke. Solid RB/LB

Matty Fryatt - Hull. Goalscorer, Championship pedigree

Don Cowie - Cardiff, linked in January, promotion experience.

Gonzalo Jara - Forest, World Cup bound right back, solid.

Matt Derbyshire - Forest, a return for the local lad?

these are players I would look at signing if we could.

Jara and Wilkinson are solid right back. a position that should be our main priority to find a first choice right back for next season.

I cant see Fryatt coming to us unless he was first choice. would be a good choice to replace Rhodes if he does leave. hope Rhodes doesn't but we might need to find 8 million to cover the 8 million drop in PL parachute payment we received.

Turner is experience but he played 27 times for Cardiff so will they not offer him a new contract there. I don't know but would be a good signing if we can

The problem with Feeney and Varney is that they are both nowhere near top end of Championship standard. You shouldn't buy anyone who you know isn't up to the job they might have to do if someone is injured. The fact they are not automatic starters isn't a reason to sign them.

There is no need to spend a penny this summer. It will be annoying if we start spending money on crap and signing players unnecessarily to an already bloated squad.

Just a few frees, a right back (Wilkinson), a centre back (Turner) and a sub striker (Fryatt) and maybe Parr/Jara as a sub full back. And sign up Dunn.

A squad next year of:

Robinson, Kean

Wilkinson, Turner, Hanley, Parr/Jara, Spurr, Kilgallon.

Conway, Marshall, King, Judge, Dunn, Cairney, Evans, Lowe, Williamson, Etuhu will no doubt be still here unfortunately.

Rhodes, Gestede, Best, Fryatt

No Feeneys, Varneys or any other crap. That can get top 2 or else its failure.

• Backroom

Derbyshire isn't someone id particular want I think we can do better but it would be no surprise if he or Gallagher came.

I can't see any reason to sign Varney or Feeney either

Archived