BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

I think we'd offer, I just cant see dunny taking the huge drop in pay it would surely be. Up to him how much he wants to play for 1 more year, as he cant expect a new deal even close to what he's had in the past

Maybe some sort of player-coach contract?! - Think he can still teach Cairney, Conway and King a thing or 2.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive always been a big fan of Dunn but I can see this being the end of the road for him. I can't see him commanding less than 25k pw and I think Bowyer might see that as an opportunity to make a saving and bring in someone on a fraction of that wage. If he leaves I think its imperative we bring in someone who can travel with the ball like Dunn does. Those ten yard bursts make such a difference to us in the final third. Others are capable but few have the wherewithal to run into such dangerous areas of the pitch. In an ideal world it would be great if Dunn took a cut to match his availability but it won't happen and I'm sure other clubs in the division will be willing to pay him what he wants.

Ive always been a big fan of Dunn but I can see this being the end of the road for him. I can't see him commanding less than 25k pw and I think Bowyer might see that as an opportunity to make a saving and bring in someone on a fraction of that wage. If he leaves I think its imperative we bring in someone who can travel with the ball like Dunn does. Those ten yard bursts make such a difference to us in the final third. Others are capable but few have the wherewithal to run into such dangerous areas of the pitch. In an ideal world it would be great if Dunn took a cut to match his availability but it won't happen and I'm sure other clubs in the division will be willing to pay him what he wants.

By design, good luck, or his hand was forced it seems bowyer has stumbled/settled upon a 442 for us. Just not sure there is a place for dunny in a 442.

So he becomes an impact sub/occasional starter maybe. Unless his wages reflect that then taking sentiment out of it its a no brainer when we need to reduce the wage bill

Watch 'Arry start bigging up Cairney as soon as the window opens. Prem or Championship, they want him. Good source.

Isnt there a rule whereby you can only be owned by 2 clubs in a 12 month period?. As we only signed him in Jan arry cant make any moves until next jan if he does infact want him

Watch 'Arry start bigging up Cairney as soon as the window opens. Prem or Championship, they want him. Good source.

Cairney got frozen out at Hull, I think he would choose to stay where he is valued and plays every week.

Think his value will go up if we give him a whole season in central midfield alongside Evans so we would be daft to let him go.

As mentioned above Dunny will be the head scratching decision as his cameo roles and just being at the club is valuable in a football sense but the wages he'll command hardly justify it. Trouble is someone like him will be able to get a gig somewhere probably abroad for a nice wedge towards his retirement. Cracks on how much he loves the club but would he stay for 5 grand a week plus bonuses. Doubt it very much.

With Dunny possibly bowing out could this be the final chance for Rochina???

Im not his biggest fan but he is already a player on our books so would we be wise to use him???

I think we are more likely to end the summer with Dunny at the club than Rochina.

I think we are more likely to end the summer with Dunny at the club than Rochina.

I think so too.

If both Rochina and Dunn leave though it will be interesting to see who Gary brings in to play in that position for 15-20K a week, still saving the club another 30K each week. (Assuming Dunn+Rochina = 45-50K each week)

I think so too.

If both Rochina and Dunn leave though it will be interesting to see who Gary brings in to play in that position for 15-20K a week, still saving the club another 30K each week. (Assuming Dunn+Rochina = 45-50K each week)

I don't think that he will buy anyone to play in that position, as getting rid of them will be a statement that he intends to play 4-4-2 and the funds would hopefully be used to sign a striker and a central midfielder.

England would like somebody who can run with the ball like Dunny used to. We're just not producing players like that anymore.

I'm sure someone mentioned that Tumwa kid as the next big thing about 3months ago.... Isn't he the Australian? Wonder what's happened there.

Also see they're releasing Dunn and Olsson. Thought Olsson actually had two good games at the end of the season at Charlton and against Wigan. Not shown enough clearly.

Dunny: no coaching role or anything. Interesting

Doesn't say that. Dunn and Olsson being discussed in Pune.

England would like somebody who can run with the ball like Dunny used to. We're just not producing players like that anymore.

More's the pity Tyrone. Honestly, I don't think many rovers fans appreciate just what a talent he was. Had he not been so injury prone and fond of a night on the tiles then I'm certain he'd have gone to a side challenging for the title every season. England honours may have come a little harder to come by because he would have been up against Scholes. But nonetheless, a strong, skilful, creative midfielder not shy of a tackle and an eye for goal. Just about the perfect attributes in my opinion.

It's his faults that make Rovers fans love him.

Anyone got any affection for Phil Jones.

Great player but, like his predecessors... come in number 8, your time is up.

I wouldn't offer Dunn a new contract. he just fit enough to play enough games IMO.

sad to say that about Dunn. he been a good player for us. but IMO its time to move on.

Hope that Jack O'Connell, John O'Sullivan and Kellen Daly sign their new contracts.

I think Rochina and Judge will leave Rovers permanent this summer IMO, cos they want first team football and at Rovers they wont it get.

the crucial questions from the talks between the owners and Bowyer in Pune, is do any key players have to sold to help the finances and what transfer and wage budget does Bowyer have to spend this summer on new players

btw, Andy Wilkinson has signed a new contract at Stoke so very unlikely to come to Rovers now

• Backroom

I'm not sure about Dunn

Now we don't have the dingle games to wheel him out for I'm not sure of his worth to us over a season and I'm not sure he's motivated enough to keep himself anywhere close to fit.

I'd say its probably time to part ways.

Even though hes been injured so much this season, he single handedly has got us points and goals, eg the one v Bolton, the one v Blackpool, the goal and assist at Watford. Wll Varney or Feeney do that? No. And Dunn understands he isn't a regular.

Chaddy will agree with the decision either way no doubt.

I wouldn't offer Dunn a new contract. he just fit enough to play enough games IMO.

sad to say that about Dunn. he been a good player for us. but IMO its time to move on.

Hope that Jack O'Connell, John O'Sullivan and Kellen Daly sign their new contracts.

I think Rochina and Judge will leave Rovers permanent this summer IMO, cos they want first team football and at Rovers they wont it get.

the crucial questions from the Bowyer talks with the Owners in Pune, is do any key players have to sold to help the finances and what transfer and wage budget does Bowyer have to spend this summer on new players

btw, Andy Wilkinson has signed a new contract at Stoke so very unlikely to come to Rovers now

Thankfully it is GB's decission

Even though hes been injured so much this season, he single handedly has got us points and goals, eg the one v Bolton, the one v Blackpool, the goal and assist at Watford. Wll Varney or Feeney do that? No. And Dunn understands he isn't a regular.

Chaddy will agree with the decision either way no doubt.

roversfan99, have a dig all you want at all.

I wish Dunn was fit enough for most of the games. his fitness isn't good enough and struggle after 60 mins when he starts a game cos he is shattered.

I am a huge Dunn fan and he has been a very good player for us. but sadly his fitness/injury record isnt good available.

roversfan99, you do know that we haven't sign Feeney or Varney? Feeney is signing for Bolton.

like I've said before on here and on my twitter that I wouldn't sign Feeney or Varney.

I would rather use Mahoney, Rittenberg and DJ Campbell than sign either of them.

and before you mention Best, I don't expect him to be here next season. either loan out and pay off IMO

Archived