BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Final Day Predictions

So it will be interesting to see what happens on the final day, and can we do the impossible and sneak in to the playoffs?

Ive not had much of a look, but we are on 67 points, with a 6 goal difference to Wigan(i speak under correction), who have a game in hand. Tuesdays game for Wigan against Birmingham will be interesting, because if they lose by 3 or so goals, then we might need only a few goals to overtake them.

However for me the 2 important games are Reading against Burnley and Brighton against Forest. Ideally both have to lose, but if both win or get a draw, then i think irrespective what we do, then its over for us.

Hopefully somebody can run through the various permutations, but i think its going to be close, but in the end we will have fallen just short. It will be exciting stuff though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it will be interesting to see what happens on the final day, and can we do the impossible and sneak in to the playoffs?

Ive not had much of a look, but we are on 67 points, with a 6 goal difference to Wigan(i speak under correction), who have a game in hand. Tuesdays game for Wigan against Birmingham will be interesting, because if they lose by 3 or so goals, then we might need only a few goals to overtake them.

However for me the 2 important games are Reading against Burnley and Brighton against Forest. Ideally both have to lose, but if both win or get a draw, then i think irrespective what we do, then its over for us.

Hopefully somebody can run through the various permutations, but i think its going to be close, but in the end we will have fallen just short. It will be exciting stuff though.

Forget Reading, as even if we hammer Wigan, we won't catch them.as they have a far better goal difference and are 3 points better off. The first part of this, needs to be a Birmingham win, as that will mean, we can catch Wigan and possibly Brighton on the final day. If Birmingham do beat Wigan by one goal, we need to beat Wigan by 3 clear goals. If Birmingham beat Wigan by 2 goals, we need to beat Wigan by 2 clear goals. A win by Birmingham by more than two and any victory over Wigan, puts us above them. If Wigan draw or win against Birmingham, then we won't make it.

The other game that matters if Birmingham do win is Forest V Brighton. We need Forest to beat Brighton and the above to happen too. If Brighton get a point, then again it does not matter elsewhere. To sum it up, they following sequence will see us make it. Birmingham 2 Wigan, Forest 1 Brighton 0, Rovers 2 Wigan.

It should say Wigan 0 in those both of those results, my 0 must have been stuck!

Birmingham will beat Wigan 2-0, Forest will beat Brighton and we'll beat Wigan 4-1 with Dunny coming on as a late sub to score the fourth!

Unlikely, you bet but I had a tenner at half time on Liverpool to win in Istanbul so who knows!

Yeh pretty much dependent on what happens on Tuesday, as it will either give us a chance or we will have nothing to play for against Wigan.

Interesting bit which people are forgetting, is that Brum are not relegated yet.. So they might just go all out for a win to give them a chance of staying up. I suppose the nice thing for us, is that even if we dont make the playoffs, that we are not fighting to stay up

it is a long shot but Birmingham are utter @#/? and I can only see wigan winning there, I hope im wrong

Same. Anything can happen in this league, but they will have to be a million miles better than they were last Monday. So unbelievably poor.

If Brum beat Wigan 1-0 then 2-0 would be good enough to catch them on goals scored. Providing Brighton lose of course.

No that's not quite right. We are 6 goals worse off at the min, so 1-0 v Birmingham means we are 5 worse off, so 2-0 means we are still one goal behind and level on points.

If we manage to sneak in we would be in with a great chance as we would be the form team. I reckon we'll miss out by 1 goal though and spend all summer thinking about all the late goals we've conceded.

Don't you like cricket? Sitting in the rain on a freesing summers day helps to take your mind off anything.............well the beer that goes with it can.

Guest Norbert

I predict that we'll be right there if we can score one more goal at around 50 minutes played...............then we'll concede and other results will then go against us.

We're already out of it. Steve Claridge and Manish Bhasin have already spoken.

I'm not going to lie, this annoyed me ever so slightly. I honestly hope Bowyer has it on loop to show the players.

With regards to the football; I'm hoping Brum pull off something. Their home form doesn't give me any hope, but who would have predicted Blackpool to take all 3 points on Saturday against Wigan? I certainly didn't.

We can only hope!

I agree, we'd be the ones going in with the much talked about momentum.

However I've a funny feeling that we'll miss out by a point. Brum will only manage a draw & so us thumping Wigan on Saturday will be immaterial.

Those two 3-3 draws against Sheff Wed & Brighton are the ones which I think we'll really regret, those extra 4 points, gaining 3 on a play-off rival in the process.....Those to me are the ones which have really hurt us.

But I'll still be there on Sat whether it's still possible or not and if there is still a chance it'll be one hell of a game!

Come on Birmingham! (Never thought I'd ever say that!)

Archived