BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Final Day Predictions

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We'll beat Wigan but unfortunately we are still relying on circumstances outside our control

I also think Brum will beat Wigan if so it will make for an insanely tense atmosphere on that last day

Sadly the scenario that best typifies Rovers' season is Brum beating Wigan. Rovers leading 3-0 at Ewood, sit back with 15 mins to play and concede a couple of late goals, to discover Forest beat Brighton with an injury time winner.

Hopefully the times they are a changing, come on Birmingham!

Sadly, I think it will be all over after tonight, as I can't see Wigan not getting at least a point at St Andrews. Birmingham are in turmoil and a Wigan victory will put them very close to the drop into league 1. We can dream I guess, but that's all it is I am afraid!

Birmingham and Wigan will be a score draw. They'll play out the last 15 minutes as keep ball. Both teams will accept a draw.

I can't see Wigan being happy with a draw. Although a draw puts us out of it, they can still be overtaken by both Reading and Brighton, unless they win at Ewood. I am pretty sure Wigan will be going all out for the win tonight, as that will definitely confirm their play off place. I am sure Birmingham would be happy with a point, as that will mean Doncaster will have to take at least a point away at Leicester on Saturday.

• Backroom

So just to recap, a point for Wigan tonight makes it mathematically impossible?

Edit - ah I now see we could still overtake reading and Brighton to get the last spot but it would need a 7 goal swing over Reading

I don't see Brum or Wigan playing for a draw tonight. Both would be boosted hugely with a win and hardly at all by a draw. Brum have gone so long without a home win they'll probably turn Wigan over and it all goes down to Saturday. I can see us beating Wigan and just missing out on goal difference.

if goal difference is level, we would finish higher on goals scored....

i think the only way that could happen is if wigan loose by three tonight - then we need a 2 goal win...

if they loose by 5 then we only need a 1 goal win..!!..!!!!!!

• Backroom

I actually think they will beat them

They may have been woeful recently but this league is crazy for unpredictability!

If there's a couple of goals in it then our lads would be really up for it

What would be interesting is if we were a couple of goals up in the second half and a goal at either end would be critical

A Wigan win at Birmingham might not be the disaster it first seems.

If they confirm their place in the play-offs tonight, Wigan will most likely field a light team on Saturday. Those on the field will probably be instructed to avoid getting injured as well.

On the other hand, I can see us really going for it.

Don't rule out a spanking for the pie-eaters, even and especially if, they win this evening.

Archived