BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, rigger said:

The abilities of other keepers, has no bearing what-so-ever on the strengths and weaknesses of Eastham. I will repeat. In my opinion Easthams lack of stature will be his Achilles Heel. I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to be a great keeper for Blackburn Rovers.

We weren't on about their ability, just their stature. You said Eastham's stature would hold him back. I merely pointed to other 'small' keepers. 

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We weren't on about their ability, just their stature. You said Eastham's stature would hold him back. I merely pointed to other 'small' keepers. 

Your original question was, who  is the better prospect between Eastham and Hilton. I gave my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Has Dan Butterworth done anything on his loan? Not heard a peep - totally forgot about him.

Scored a couple, think he was starting games pre-Christmas  but has mostly been on the bench whenever I've had a look recently. 

Great goal below:

Port Vale 1-0 Charlton: Dan Butterworth goal sees Valiants to victory | Football News | Sky Sports

21 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Along with Kaminski,Pears,Eastham,Dowling and Goddard that would mean 6 goalkeepers competing for spots in just 2 teams.

Speculation that Pears and Kaminski wouldn't be happy being a No.2 so one of them will leave in the summer. 

Goddard is highly-rated by all accounts. He may go out on loan again. 

Dowling out of contract in the summer and may leave. 

I think there's a reason we tried to sign the lad who went to Bristol City in January. This summer may see a big shake-up in the GK dept. 

29 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Speculation that Pears and Kaminski wouldn't be happy being a No.2 so one of them will leave in the summer. 

Goddard is highly-rated by all accounts. He may go out on loan again. 

Dowling out of contract in the summer and may leave. 

I think there's a reason we tried to sign the lad who went to Bristol City in January. This summer may see a big shake-up in the GK dept. 

Speculation from where ?

Anybody who is in need of a real live football fix can watch the under 21's against Arsenal today at the Lancashire FA ground in Leyland, kick off 1 pm. It's free for season ticket holders (you have to show it at the gate) and there could be a smattering of first team squad players getting valuable game time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How did Rovers play? 

How did Leonard and Dolan play? 

Watched the game free on Arsenal website. Nothing to get excited about I'm afraid. Leonard scored but was none existent pretty much the whole game. At the moment looks like another Vale to me, really hope I'm wrong.Dolan worked hard as ever but no end product.

Must seem like in having a go here, which isn't me really, but Scott Wharton was really poor, especially 1st half when we had a back 3. Changed to a back 4 2nd half and he was slightly better actually but not the player of last season by a long way.

Probably as good as anybody was Garrett, a couple of trade mark tackles and tried to keep the play moving 

Also thought Gilsenan made a difference when he came on as one of a few changes towards the end.

Deserved point in the end but not a whole lot to get in excited about

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Watched the game free on Arsenal website. Nothing to get excited about I'm afraid. Leonard scored but was none existent pretty much the whole game. At the moment looks like another Vale to me, really hope I'm wrong.Dolan worked hard as ever but no end product.

Must seem like in having a go here, which isn't me really, but Scott Wharton was really poor, especially 1st half when we had a back 3. Changed to a back 4 2nd half and he was slightly better actually but not the player of last season by a long way.

Probably as good as anybody was Garrett, a couple of trade mark tackles and tried to keep the play moving 

Also thought Gilsenan made a difference when he came on as one of a few changes towards the end.

thanks for the report

Feel like with all the young players who've stepped into the first team setup we're really struggling at u21 level. Which is no bad thing as the primary goal is player development. 

Regardless of performance its good to see us picking up a point which could be essential to our survival. That needs to be the only goal between now and the end of the season. 

• Like 3

If it is the case that our current youngsters that haven't yet made the first team are not a particularly good standard then that will happen at times, the likes of Adam Wharton and Ash Phillips have made the step up, I just hope these targets mentioned by Broughton don't lead to us promoting players anyway regardless of quality.

Watched Ash and Adam at Rotherham today. England lost the game via a penalty when the latter gave the ball away deep and the former committed a poor foul in the box.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Watched Ash and Adam at Rotherham today. England lost the game via a penalty when the latter gave the ball away deep and the former committed a poor foul in the box.

Sounds like the sort of mistakes young players make and hopefully learn from. More than happy for them to do it in England colours, they will be better players in blue and white for it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

How did they play for the rest of the game ?

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

How did they play for the rest of the game ?

England poor. Relaxed, slow, possession based game and no end product. Ash and Adam both very steady. Nobody particularly "good".

4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

• Like 2