BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in a pub in Hoghton last Fri night that is home to loads of em. All the usual claptrap was coming out but you'd be lucky to find 2 who are bothering going to Wembley. Biggest club that NEVER was !

They still say they are taking 35000

I've got a few Preston mates. They reckon sold 20,000 ish so if they're anywhere near being right then the 35,000 claim is a bit ambitious. Not making excuses for them but getting to Wembley on train that day is a logistical nightmare basically due to engineering works means Preston station closed and no trains to London or back again. Plus there's a notwork fail strike or something so trains take twice as long.

Was in a pub in Hoghton last Fri night that is home to loads of em. All the usual claptrap was coming out but you'd be lucky to find 2 who are bothering going to Wembley. Biggest club that NEVER was !

A big club that never was is a great way to describe your average pne. Can't tell you how many times I've heard excuses as to why rovers more successful and IF they had jack walker this and IF they were in the prem that. But the fact remains in nearly 130 years of league football Preston have only been consistently up with us during the Finney era.

I'd be lumping on a Swindon win if I was putting a bet on, Preston are cursed in the play offs. Hope they win though as wouldn't mind an away day at Deepdale! Think the last time I was there was a few years ago but at the national football museum, moved to Manchester a couple of years back didn't it?

'The Biggest Club that NEVER was' is a fantastic label for them.

We should use it all the time.

They're only down 10 thousand ticket sales because Finney's not playing for them.

If there's 22k coming they're not on the motorways this morning, M6 is empty.

The Big Club that never was.

22000 PKE fans going, so with their City population the Wembley bound fans can call themselves ' the one in ten'.

Reading twitter is painful this morning with all these Rovers fans tweeting 'come on PNE'. A lot seem to look at them fondly like a little brother club or something, they obviously don't know many knobbers. Some are in for a shock next season if they do it. The amount of bile that will come our way should be fun. Them and Burnley should also have 'bubble' match written all over it.

Reading twitter is painful this morning with all these Rovers fans tweeting 'come on PNE'. A lot seem to look at them fondly like a little brother club or something, they obviously don't know many knobbers. Some are in for a shock next season if they do it. The amount of bile that will come our way should be fun. Them and Burnley should also have 'bubble' match written all over it.

Their PKE love-in will end if they bump into the Scruggs from Savick, Callon or Ribbleton next season.

Flaming radio lancs at it now. A pic of the trophy with the line 'this is what we are playing for' I'm sure they've just lost a few followers over Blackpool way. Shouldn't that 'we' be PNE !

Archived