BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randomly?

Anyway, The Football League show is on tonight 11.35pm (BBC1).............Nothing to do Monday! Happy Days!

Lots of abuse in Priest town lol, look how Lawro turned out. I was lucky it was only verbal from a group dressed as nuns.

• Backroom

Preston fans opinion of Grayson seems to be - negative football, doesn't set up to attack teams, too many draws, questionable motivational skills.

Basically, the same weaknesses as Bowyer.

They have just finished 3rd in league. Only just missed out on automatic promotion.

Can't see what Preston fans are moaning about.

Preston had their chances to score today. They played 3-5-2 formation with 2 proper strikers plus 2 attacking centre midfielders. Hardly defensive is it?

• Backroom

They think they should be up with Bristol City, judging by the comments I've seen. No idea if that's true or not, as I haven't ever paid any real attention to them.

Preston fans opinion of Grayson seems to be - negative football, doesn't set up to attack teams, too many draws, questionable motivational skills.

Basically, the same weaknesses as Bowyer.

I went to the home game with Swindon lat week and I might have well have been sat in the Jack Walker stand given the comments from many fans. And this was in a game they won 3-0 comfortably.

If they fail in the play offs wonder if that increases the chance of Grayson coming to Ewood.

Must confess have no idea if he'd be brilliant or not really the answer.

My Bro-in-law is a big Leeds fan and says he was dreadful at Leeds.

Like some have already said I've also heard similar things levelled at Grayson that are used for Bowyer. Not just from Knobbers but Leeds as well, somewhat of a nearly man. Not sure he'd bring much different to Rovers but if he could galvanise a defence and build on that we might get somewhere. Also he'd surely be a safe bet and not smash to bits GB good work. I don't think I'd bother with him but the other side of me is desperate to see some sort of change.

That said if Bowyer changed his philosophy and his tinkering and blind favouritism he could improve but I seriously doubt he ever will.

Like some have already said I've also heard similar things levelled at Grayson that are used for Bowyer. Not just from Knobbers but Leeds as well, somewhat of a nearly man. Not sure he'd bring much different to Rovers but if he could galvanise a defence and build on that we might get somewhere. Also he'd surely be a safe bet and not smash to bits GB good work. I don't think I'd bother with him but the other side of me is desperate to see some sort of change.

That said if Bowyer changed his philosophy and his tinkering and blind favouritism he could improve but I seriously doubt he ever will.

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See. (Message for Gaz and his friends)

They have just finished 3rd in league. Only just missed out on automatic promotion.

Preston had their chances to score today. They played 3-5-2 formation with 2 proper strikers plus 2 attacking centre midfielders. Hardly defensive is it?

They started the day in second place and just needed a win to gain automatic promotion yet blew it and have to go through the lottery of the play offs for the hundredth time yet you can't see what they are moaning about ????

Hell fire it's a good job you weren't a Rovers fan in the late 80's lol

Can't see what they're moaning about?

I think the fact that their season came down to 90 mins against a team in the bottom 3 and that the players basically didn't turn up might have something to do with it. I'd be fuming if a Rovers side bottled a game like that.

Initially there will always be the post game disappointment. But yeah, there are a lot of OTT comments regarding giving up on the play-offs, they are there - firstly playing a team they finished miles ahead of in the league - so they should be confident of beating them and then grabbing the Wembley glory.

Plus, some of their players seemed pretty pleased:

_82740630_472044310.jpg

I can only imagine what their fans would be saying if they supported a team whose league season is over before The Chinese New Year! :blush:

Cos they love to moan.....Just the same as every other club's fans.

Today was their cup final and they blew it big time.

They've been in several play-offs and never achieved promotion from any.

Heads have dropped. Failure again. Start preparing for another season in League 1 PNE.

Told the nobs at work they'd win last week then lose on the last day and MK Francise would go nap....no word of a lie......10th time in the play off a charm lol

So many great TV shots of sad faces

Told the nobs at work they'd win last week then lose on the last day and MK Francise would go nap....no word of a lie......10th time in the play off a charm lol

So many great TV shots of sad faces

You should have told a bookie!

Archived