SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha that's brilliant!

I saw that as well hahaha! Think holt removed his twitter after the video leaked. Have you seen the one of a lad pretending too be Neil Lennon enquiring about Gareth Mcauley on the phone to Tony Pulis? That's just as funny as well haha

It has - another couple of yoyo years and we might have all but closed it - for now we remain 20 years of investment and Premier League money behind you :tu:

Or if you beat us next season we could get a bit creative with it - like you lot with the 35yrs - and say our parachute money has run out, yours is beginning so we are one Prem season, 80 mill of debt and 20 mill of parachutes behind YOU. No one would expect us to win :rover:

A jail sentence or banning order is obviously a serious badge of honour in Bumley. The numbers on the end of them in recent years must equate to Accy Stanleys average crowd. Most groups these days look at that kind of punishment and just leave the agg alone. Not our cave dwelling cousins though. What was it the then Burnley manager once said to his OWN clubs supporters over the tannoy at Ewood ? ah yes, "you're animals" :rover:

Lets put the record straight:

Football banning orders by club supported:

Burnley: 29

Blackburn Rovers: 29

Banning orders imposed sept 3013/sept2014

Burnley: 8

Blackburn Rovers 15

Arrests:

Burnley: 65

Blackburn: 49

(tellingly 2/3 of yours were at away matches, the reverse is true for us)

So as much as you'd wish to paint yourself as the vestal virgins of football related disorder whilst we are the devil incarnate I am afraid the facts suggest a different story.

Touch touchy. Not aimed at you Longers and I know you've plenty decent fans. I'd wager a lot of the ones who are involved in disorder in Burnley don't even go to the games. It is rather sad that they feel the need to be so territorial in this day and age though.

On the other point I'd wager most of Rovers arrest or banning order relate to recent skirmishes with Bolton away, something that has been brewing for years. Most likely it's nipped in the bud now and I'm not condoning it but it's a local rival and these things happen. Seems anyone and everyone is fair game on a visit to Dingleville.

Not touchy Tom - merely putting some factual perspective to the somewhat rabid ravings of some.

I looked up the year before as well - almost identical figures for both clubs then as well.

Looks like we both have a similar number of pathetic specimens following our clubs who like to engage in trouble. Unfortunately feels like in general terms the instances of hooliganism seem to be on the rise again in England.

• Moderation Lead

Not touchy Tom - merely putting some factual perspective to the somewhat rabid ravings of some.

I looked up the year before as well - almost identical figures for both clubs then as well.

Looks like we both have a similar number of pathetic specimens following our clubs who like to engage in trouble. Unfortunately feels like in general terms the instances of hooliganism seem to be on the rise again in England.

I have to say looking around I tend to agree with this.

Lets put the record straight:

Football banning orders by club supported:

Burnley: 29

Blackburn Rovers: 29

Banning orders imposed sept 3013/sept2014

Burnley: 8

Blackburn Rovers 15

Arrests:

Burnley: 65

Blackburn: 49

(tellingly 2/3 of yours were at away matches, the reverse is true for us)

So as much as you'd wish to paint yourself as the vestal virgins of football related disorder whilst we are the devil incarnate I am afraid the facts suggest a different story.

Thanks for that post Longers. I agree are quite likely to have as many morons, who consider themselves to be fans. Society rather than a football thing I am afraid and where you come from has no bearing on it. In every town up and down the land, you will find the odd idiot. It may well be that a snapshot in time, distorts the numbers, but we have to accept we all have out fair share of them unfortunately.

Indeed 1arC - I think where there would have been a difference was perhaps the 80's as our seemingly inexorable slide to the very basement of league football was underway. During this period I sense that 'our idiots' were worse then 'your idiots'.

The again people on here keep telling me how 'you lot' regularly knocked 10 bells out of 'my lot' so maybe not.

Indeed 1arC - I think where there would have been a difference was perhaps the 80's as our seemingly inexorable slide to the very basement of league football was underway. During this period I sense that 'our idiots' were worse then 'your idiots'.

The again people on here keep telling me how 'you lot' regularly knocked 10 bells out of 'my lot' so maybe not.

I guess it's the usual, lies, Damn Lies and statistics scenario!

If they don't agree on a compensation fee it goes to a tribunal, either way the fee won't be £12m, no chance. For example Blackpool got £2m for Ince and we got £3m for Hoilett I think. I think about £5m sounds reasonable, of which Bournemouth will probably be owed some of that too. I'll be stunned if it gets to £12m.

City got a figure worth upto 6.5 million for Sturridge - at the time he'd only played about 14/15 times for City.

In the end it will not be the clubs decision, Ings will decide where he wants to go and if a fee isn't agreed for compensation it will be set by tribunal. I'd expect a fee of circa 4 million with potential add ons (which will never materialise) to take it to around 8 million.

All missing the point - Spurs have bid 12 million and we have accepted it - in the event it goes to tribunal that will have to be taken in to account so we might be able to get a figure nearer 6 or 7 million now - kerching, another yacht or 2 on order as I type.

I'm more worried about how we replace Trippier as we really get naff all for him as City have a big chunk of the fee than I am Ings who we've all known is leaving for a relatively small fee since last summer - though losing Barnes does leave us very short of firepower - maybe a cheeky 2 million bid for Gestede - or make it 4 for him and Rhodes? ;)

Archived