BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

It has to be said it's been a pretty poor effort all round as regards to staying up. It seems that a decision to go down with cash in hand was made 1 year ago, ripping off the fans in the process. They got what they expected so it's been a good season for the 'owners'.

The team and manager actually made a worryingly good fist of attempting to stay up, and were rarely thumped invariably losing by the odd goal but being unable to find the net themselves. Looking at it as an outsider I'd say Dyche has been an excellent manager and deserved much better. If I was him I'd feel severely let down by their Board but outwardly at least he appears to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the BBC

I preferred this from the BBC as the games entered injury time:

"James Haworth: As a Blackburn fan, I can tell you I'm just about to get the party poppers out and put the banners up. Burnley are going down, and we're having a party."

Who else is having a party? Oh I might just open the bottle of Morrison's Irish Meadow :blush:

Happy the dingles have gone. But sadly currently they come down so much stronger than we are so hope someone like Newcastle comes in for dick van dyche and they lose plenty of players. Suppose it's too much to hope we have a manager by next season capable of organising and motivating us like dyche has done for them.

• Backroom

Hearing 606 saying how proud the fans should be, why? Just cause they won at hull they still deserve it

Hearing 606 saying how proud the fans should be, why? Just cause they won at hull they still deserve it

(Tin hat on)

They should be fairly proud of Dyche and their players. And feel a large degree of contempt for their Board.

Imo.

Now, as someone else said above, let's hope someone else cherry picks Dyche and the best of their talent. Doubt their Board would stand in the way. More lovely Wonga for them.

Loadsamoney.

Proud of relegation ? Two games left haha bullocks Rev .. Spendthrift no money they deserve everything . They took @#/? out of uncle jacks money but they have had more but the powers that be have had a ball and the fans laughed at .

Thank God that's over with. The proper first and last time I hope we're in their shadows, in my lifetime anyway! The Dingle sympathetic press was enough to rub anyone up the wrong way. Welcome to back Championship our 6 fingered friends.

On another note, their board still have serious questions to answer about the finances....

Dyche seems a decent young manager and I'm sure he will feel let down about the lack of funds to try and stay up. Hopefully he'll leave and they'll make a disasterous appointment. I suppose the hope of them being taken over by Indian chicken pluckers who destroy the club is too much to ask for.

So how will Rovèrs go against "moneybags" Burnley next season?

We'll wipe the floor with em of course, they won't like it up em on a cold Tuesday night in the championship!

Is Dyche really going to be in-demand? From Championship teams yes, but I doubt he'd get offered a Premier League one.

In reality I think only Sunderland/Newcastle/Hull will be looking for a new manager in the prem (maybe West Ham?) One of them will be relegated anyway.

One of those could take a punt on him but if Sunderland survive they will most likely give DA the job full time.

They've not spent any money in an attempt to stay up and have got precisely what they deserved like Blackpool before them, the square root of naff all. (In terms of staying up)

With the potential rewards on offer for staying up in recent years I never understand why some Clubs simply go up and pocket the cash. It's a false economy of the highest order surely.

There are just as many clubs that have spent big and still been relegated and ended up blowing their brains out financially. Burnley have done well and secured their furure for many years as far as I can see.

On another note, their board still have serious questions to answer about the finances....

Why do you say that?

How have Burnley made a "great" effort(Dyche)? They have fewer points, scored 15 fewer goals and have won 2 less games so far than they did last time they were in the Premier League last time. Delusional.

listening to neville on MOTD you would think the dingles have a bye next season and will be back in the prem

I haven't seen MOTD but I would agree with Neville unfortunately. I think the Dingle's board is playing the long game using WBA as an example. It will be tougher for them to go straight up without Dyche but even if he goes someone at B*rnly has an eye for a manager so there's a chance of appointing another good un with a significant war chest to boot.

Archived