BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

Finances apart yes but let's be honest £100 million or no 100 million they are a better run club than us now anyway, I don't even think we can compete with them anymore

Ummmmmm

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A position we can only dream of??

WE'VE BEEN THERE FOR 20yrs!!!

We laugh at their expense because they're our local rivals, if you don't get that then I'll not waste my breath.

Fans crying in MOTD, poor burnley.

I don't get that you don't get it.

I get it. I have family who are season ticket holders at t'Turf. I laugh at them regularly. It was great when I was young making fun of their star signings like Mike Conroy. Not now though.

I just think it comes across a bit forced.

My sole outlet for Rovers is on here. Topic after topic of doom and gloom. Fans with genuine concerns that one day soon Rovers will cease to exist.

It's like you laughing at your next door neighbour because their front window is broken yet your house is on fire.

• Backroom

'The rampage left a wheelchair supporter and an 11-year-old boy injured.'

Is 'wheelchair supporter' the correct term rather than a supporter in a wheelchair?

The former sounds like a supporter of wheelchairs

• Moderation Lead

'The rampage left a wheelchair supporter and an 11-year-old boy injured.'

Is 'wheelchair supporter' the correct term rather than a supporter in a wheelchair?

The former sounds like a supporter of wheelchairs

Ha, hadn't spotted that. Though the standard of grammar and punctuation at the LT leaves much to be desired.....

Does the punishment fit the crime? would you get sentances like that if you had a punch up at the Rugby? which apparently is on the increase?

I'm not defending the actions of these idiots at all, but the Cherry Tree non event saw tougher sentences and not 1 punch was thrown, complete miscarriage of justice, how do the police get away with it?

• Moderation Lead

Does the punishment fit the crime? would you get sentances like that if you had a punch up at the Rugby? which apparently is on the increase?

I'm not defending the actions of these idiots at all, but the Cherry Tree non event saw tougher sentences and not 1 punch was thrown, complete miscarriage of justice, how do the police get away with it?

I tend to agree to be fair, the sentencing seems excessive, coppers and the law seem to love making an example of football fans. That being said, booting off in a pub in such a way is unacceptable.

Longsider might correct me on this but I believe Ings is often 'seen out' around the area. We know from experience at ewood that when the team is going through a bad patch, any player spotted anywhere near a bar is an unprofessional drunken playboy who is letting the fans down.

So I hear hasta - to quote one fan after he bottled taking a penalty on Saturday instead leaving it to a player who hasn't played for nearly a year, 'he wouldn't be able to f****** 16 year olds in nameofbar if he missed a penalty' - make of that what you will but I have a friend who through some connections knew a number of similar debauched stories about Ings, Trippier (and from your team Grant Hanley).

Longsiders is being a bit of a doom monger but I think he'll be confident they could stop up yet. Leicester is a big game tomorrow and after that they've got a West Ham team that are already on Holiday and a crap Hull side on the slide to play. 6 points could easily, easily be enough.

Watch this space - they could well be going in to the last 2 games outside of the bottom 3.

Just a realist, it was always a struggle but the failure to add even a little quality in January more or less sealed it. It's been fun though but we've lost too many to those around us - oh and we couldn't score in a brothel right now.

Quite frankly dreading playing this lot and Preston next season...zero confidence of a result against either.

Give over - derby games are what it's all about. Each time we played you until very recently we were out gunned, financially out muscled and faced a quality gulf that wasn't even funny - didn't stop me relishing each game and expecting that this time we'd win. We've had one season in the prem, there is no gulf and the games against you, PNE are what I'm looking forward to the most next season.

My favourite bit;

Father-and-son Stephen Burnley, 49, and Jordan Burnley, 20, both, of Emily Street, Burnley, were given 16 months and 12 months respectively, also with 10-year bans.

What was that Facebook thing that got banned? 50 shades of Burnley? I wonder if these 2 were in it?

So I hear hasta - to quote one fan after he bottled taking a penalty on Saturday instead leaving it to a player who hasn't played for nearly a year, 'he wouldn't be able to f****** 16 year olds in nameofbar if he missed a penalty' - make of that what you will but I have a friend who through some connections knew a number of similar debauched stories about Ings, Trippier (and from your team Grant Hanley).

That ties in a little with what a girl I work with (who come from Burnley) has told me. She knows absolutely nothing about football but seems to have heard quite a bit about your main man.

The Police aren't responsible for sentencing Gav. Plus nothing goes to court unless the Crown Prosecution Service determines that there is sufficient evidence.

These Wednesday supporters had been going to the miners for years by all accounts. No nutters in the party just normal football fans on a day out.

Hooligans talk about legitimate targets, these clearly weren't, lets hope they get what they deserve in prison with proper bad lads. I bet the fat one with the white t-shirt cracks first!

My favourite bit;

Father-and-son Stephen Burnley, 49, and Jordan Burnley, 20, both, of Emily Street, Burnley, were given 16 months and 12 months respectively, also with 10-year bans.

Apparently the Burnleys changed their name by deed poll from the Bells following the Orient game back in 87.

The things we do for love!!!

My favourite bit;

Apparently the Burnleys changed their name by deed poll from the Bells following the Orient game back in 87.

The things we do for love!!!

Ah, so it was Bells ends

Archived