BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry folks but I don't get the laughing at their expense.

Rovers are a complete shambles. Unfortunately for us Burnley are not.

The vast majority of their fans expected them to go straight back down.

They will. £100m richer.

It's a position Rovers can only dream of.

They will. £100m richer.

A position we can only dream of??

WE'VE BEEN THERE FOR 20yrs!!!

We laugh at their expense because they're our local rivals, if you don't get that then I'll not waste my breath.

Fans crying in MOTD, poor burnley.

• Backroom

Burnley may be financially much more secure than us when they come down, but the money will only be of use to them if it's spent wisely. As we've found out, spending poorly can very quickly suck a club into a financial black hole. As another example, Ipswich spent £20m under Roy Keane and went backwards quickly. It's not easy to attract good players to the Championship - a higher fee and wage just increases the risk of attracting chancers out for a last payday (any names come to mind, folks?). Lower fee players are always a gamble. It's quite difficult to squad-build in this league regardless of the money available.

Dyche will leave if they go down, imo, and Ings will definitely be off too. They'll be strong when they come down, but strong teams have failed before. The most important acquisition Burnley will make if/when they come down is Dyche's replacement - should he leave. If he stays then they will be a team to be reckoned with next season, otherwise it will be totally dependent on who they bring in to take the reigns.

I'm beginning to think Dyche's reputation is based more on his touch line prowling and growling than actual ability. Three goals in the last ten games, some tough matches in there but spineless losses at home to Swansea and Leicester in that, can't defend set pieces. The so called learning curve after a pathetic start is starting to look like a blip. Plus their good players will get snapped up, I'm not sure they will bounce straight back up.

They will. £100m richer.

I don't get that you don't get it.

I'm beginning to think Dyche's reputation is based more on his touch line prowling and growling than actual ability. Three goals in the last ten games, some tough matches in there but spineless losses at home to Swansea and Leicester in that, can't defend set pieces. The so called learning curve after a pathetic start is starting to look like a blip. Plus their good players will get snapped up, I'm not sure they will bounce straight back up.

If he'd been more tactically astute they'd not have thrown away a number of 2 goal leads. He's blown 9 points that I can think of from winning positions.

Ginger Mourinho my arse.

Don't be stupid. He'll be spearheading Lancy Utd in 2016/2017.

Since the hypothetical Lancashire County club only exists if four or even five Lancashire clubs fold, I expect they'd be able to do a lot better than Brown. But who knows, maybe LCFC's dream manager, Sam Allardyce, might be able to turn him into the next Kevin Davies. (Ironically he improved post-Rovers too). ^_^

I might be in the minority here but I hope burnley survive, good to see Lancashire clubs mixing it with the big boys

So you want them to make loads more money and pull away from us even more ?

Mixing it ? I wouldn't call bottom and cut off mixing it .

Finances apart yes but let's be honest £100 million or no 100 million they are a better run club than us now anyway, I don't even think we can compete with them anymore

I hope they drop straight down the divisions .

Archived