BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historically there have been miracles, feeding of the 500 for example, but none quite this spectacular.

I'd be amazed if Dyche didn't go - just not sure where yet. As for Ings - I'm expecting him to go to Bournemouth to be honest.

Really did want PNE to get up, derby days are what it is all about

Historically there have been miracles, feeding of the 500 for example, but none quite this spectacular.

I'd be amazed if Dyche didn't go - just not sure where yet. As for Ings - I'm expecting him to go to Bournemouth to be honest.

Preston........pfft, about as significant as Charlton or Rotherham for me.

Do you reckon Dyche's stock is still high? I'd say so, Newcastle could do a lot worse. I think Sociadad would be a great move for Ings.

Preston........pfft, about as significant as Charlton or Rotherham for me.

Do you reckon Dyche's stock is still high? I'd say so, Newcastle could do a lot worse. I think Sociadad would be a great move for Ings.

You forget that we had to make do with our "second" Derby for so many years - it definitely took on more significance from the mid 80's onwards for us and no doubt them as you were flying high and Blackpool were nowhere. Actually the PNE derbies are in some ways better, or at least more enjoyable, as there's a lot less riding on them!

Newcastle could do worse but I think Dyche could do better as the set up there looks like a bit of a basket case job. Still think his stock is high but wondering if one of the championships big boys might be appealing. Could see Sunderland if they go down, possibly Leicester if they decide to part with Pearson or Derby as examples.

That's was the feeding of the 5,000 by the way Longers. Either you think the Clarets miracle will magnify that one ten fold, or your biblical facts are lacking. :)

Depends on which tribe you interact with. I've had zero interaction with Dingles, even growing up in Ossy, but a working lifetime of obnoxious Nobenders[/quote

They really do have delusions of grandeur. Lots of waffle about ' if we were in your division, we'd have massive crowds, blah blah blah' . Tinpot club.

Not been amazing but also not really had that many opportunities.

Looks shorn of confidence and is not the player he looked a few years back. Still decent enough and assuming he doesn't move on in the summer is a very decent player in the championship. Very much over shadowed by Boyd who's work rate is prodigious and he has a little quality as well. After Dyche he's the one I'd most like to hold onto in the summer but I'd imagine bigger championship clubs and lower PL teams will be looking at him and a few others including Trippier, Shackell, Heaton. Could be a very difficult summer for us - the board will have to make the right appointment and do everything early enough, don't get me wrong they won't do that but they really need to.

Burnley coming down with 100 miliion and 4 years of parachute payments is really not something to relish in the longer term.

Next years going to be a tough league with the relegated clubs with a lot of cash, while Derby, Forest etc will probably continue to spend big.

Wonder if another Bournemouth wonder job will be possible?

Don't worry our board won't be investing any of that in the team joey!

Oh and on Bournemouth - pleased for Eddie, a bad match at our place but clearly a good manager even then, however it isn't quite the fairytale made out as the Russian Billionaire has spent some big sums over the last couple of years. Doesn't stop it being an amazing journey or achievement but not quite done on the shoestring suggested.

Don't worry our board won't be investing any of that in the team joey!

Oh and on Bournemouth - pleased for Eddie, a bad match at our place but clearly a good manager even then, however it isn't quite the fairytale made out as the Russian Billionaire has spent some big sums over the last couple of years. Doesn't stop it being an amazing journey or achievement but not quite done on the shoestring suggested.

I rate Eddie Howe as possibly the best young manager in the game, I personally think he is at least half responsible for your promotion last year, he layed the foundations which Dyche built on. It will be interesting to see how Dyche goes on if he stays and has to rebuild the squad. I think you will lose Trippier, Shackell, Heaton and obviously Ings can Dyche or the Burnley board replace them?

Burnley coming down with 100 miliion and 4 years of parachute payments is really not something to relish in the longer term.

Next years going to be a tough league with the relegated clubs with a lot of cash, while Derby, Forest etc will probably continue to spend big.

Wonder if another Bournemouth wonder job will be possible?

I have a feeling MKD could do a Bournemouth next year. They will start the season around 50/1 for promotion, but with the money there, it might be worth a tenner. It will pay for the Rovers season ticket, if they do go up, but hopefully not at our expense.

I rate Eddie Howe as possibly the best young manager in the game, I personally think he is at least half responsible for your promotion last year, he layed the foundations which Dyche built on. It will be interesting to see how Dyche goes on if he stays and has to rebuild the squad. I think you will lose Trippier, Shackell, Heaton and obviously Ings can Dyche or the Burnley board replace them?

Had things been different in his personal life it might have worked out and I do think he did a lot of good things and made some good signings.

Ings is obviously already gone, if we didn't already know recent performances would have provided a big clue. Heaton may well stay, he's on a decent enough contract and his journey in football hasn't been 'stable' so he might prefer to stick around. I can't imagine there won't be a few after Trippier from the big Championship clubs and lower PL one - we won't be desperate to sell as I understand City have a big sell on clause so we will end up with little from any deal.

• Moderation Lead

Has Trippier torn up that many trees this season? I wasn't sure if he'd done well enough to merit some interest, though I must admit I do think at championship level he's an excellent performer.

Heaton seems settled enough around here, isn't his Dad from Clitheroe and a Dingle?

Like you say, Ings, I'd imagine will be off.

Archived