BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll wipe the floor with em of course, they won't like it up em on a cold Tuesday night in the championship!

Hehe - you do remember how many seasons we spent in the lower leagues and indeed the Championship?

Welcome back dingles and a high 6 for effort.

Hello, Hello, good to be back - actually is. Looking forward to the derby games again.

I haven't seen MOTD but I would agree with Neville unfortunately. I think the Dingle's board is playing the long game using WBA as an example. It will be tougher for them to go straight up without Dyche but even if he goes someone at B*rnly has an eye for a manager so there's a chance of appointing another good un with a significant war chest to boot.

Ah now there is the question - are they or are they just too timid, or worse seeing it all as a pay day? If we could keep our manager and squad largely intact I'd fancy our chances - unfortunately I don't see us keeping the manager and can imagine a few being cherry picked from the team. Should make for an interesting summer I guess.

So I shall undoubtedly 'see' you all next season - each bemoaning our own misfortunes and don't forget it could get better for you yet - we might make another Laws type appointment when Dyche moves on.

Hehe - you do remember how many seasons we spent in the lower leagues and indeed the Championship?

Hello, Hello, good to be back - actually is. Looking forward to the derby games again.

Ah now there is the question - are they or are they just too timid, or worse seeing it all as a pay day? If we could keep our manager and squad largely intact I'd fancy our chances - unfortunately I don't see us keeping the manager and can imagine a few being cherry picked from the team. Should make for an interesting summer I guess.

So I shall undoubtedly 'see' you all next season - each bemoaning our own misfortunes and don't forget it could get better for you yet - we might make another Laws type appointment when Dyche moves on.

A Bond type would be better, to get rid of the money

I'm never sure what any Chief Exec does at a club our size so hard to say how much impact this could have - at a guess I'd have thought his relationship with Dyche would be central on day to day matters so it may make that departure all the more likely.

Money does talk but as far as I know its about moving nearer his family more than money

Yeah he is the American.

Now now on Brendan - he got involved when he had money - stepped back when it went pear shaped and has come back now he's sorted his issues. That said the main man and shareholder is Mike Garlick - Burnley born and raised, in fact all the board are locally born and raised, all fans since their younger days - not even an off-comed-un in sight let alone overseas investors - proper football owners ours :-)

I seem to remember thinking the Yank chap was quite a good appointment so if he's done a decent job he'll be sought after. Big job on his hands at QPR though :)

Oh and by the way our owners are billionaires in case you didn't know. They've lost more on Rovers than Brendan, Barry & Mike have all put together. Just wait till they channel it in the right direction !

Then again maybe not................................. :wacko:

No idea on the wealth of our owners tom - I know Garlick is the "richest" but he's mere 50 million or so man. I think Barry has sold most of his shares these days - understandably. I've looked at overseas ownership and whilst it seems to have done well where the club is large and the owners pockets very deep it seems less successful without this criteria. I'm happy we stay as a 'village team' (quote courtesy of Shankly), I just don't see the type of ownership you have working well for us.

Thought Hoos was a decent appointment - certainly had the background.

I'm never sure what any Chief Exec does at a club our size so hard to say how much impact this could have - at a guess I'd have thought his relationship with Dyche would be central on day to day matters so it may make that departure all the more likely.

Money does talk but as far as I know its about moving nearer his family more than money

Longers or did he move because he was fed up of being forced to sit on horrible wooden seats whilst trying to eat bananas with his feet :D

No idea on the wealth of our owners tom - I know Garlick is the "richest" but he's mere 50 million or so man. I think Barry has sold most of his shares these days - understandably. I've looked at overseas ownership and whilst it seems to have done well where the club is large and the owners pockets very deep it seems less successful without this criteria. I'm happy we stay as a 'village team' (quote courtesy of Shankly), I just don't see the type of ownership you have working well for us.

Thought Hoos was a decent appointment - certainly had the background.

If the bag of silver was deep enough they'd be considering taking it from an interested party whether they came from Barnoldswick or Bagdad. No one is safe when money starts talking.

Oh indeed they would, and no doubt a decent proportion of the fans would welcome it - my comments are not about what they would or wouldn't do, just that it is not something I can see ever working at the club. As Stan was fond of reminding us, it's Burnley not Barcelona.

Oh indeed they would, and no doubt a decent proportion of the fans would welcome it - my comments are not about what they would or wouldn't do, just that it is not something I can see ever working at the club. As Stan was fond of reminding us, it's Burnley not Barcelona.

True. I mean if it hasn't worked for a larger more illustrious club like us from the same area then it's unlikely to work at Burnley :) Wouldn't even wish it on you in all honesty. Mind you for all this solid English ownership and this foreign fly by night crackpots the gap has closed again !

True. I mean if it hasn't worked for a larger more illustrious club like us from the same area then it's unlikely to work at Burnley :) Wouldn't even wish it on you in all honesty. Mind you for all this solid English ownership and this foreign fly by night crackpots the gap has closed again !

It has - another couple of yoyo years and we might have all but closed it - for now we remain 20 years of investment and Premier League money behind you :tu:

Archived