BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Damien Johnson appointed as under 14's manager

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

It's the under 14s, so I don't think there's quite as much need for us to be appointing Jose Mourinho, I'm not sure exactly who would do similar roles at other clubs, bar former players.

It's the under 14s, so I don't think there's quite as much need for us to be appointing Jose Mourinho, I'm not sure exactly who would do similar roles at other clubs, bar former players.

He might be great KH. It's just this insularity at the club that stands out to me. It's all down to the owners not having a clue.

I don't know anything about his credentials so unlike many I won't make a judgement - what I will say is that he looks like a recovering heroin addict on the picture.

Why get personal like that straight away ? I suppose your David fookin Beckham when you look in the mirror. :rover:

He was a decent player and decent lad but couldn't cross to save his life when playing as a young right winger here. Moved inside later in his career a did well, a real grafter and would walk into this team now if he was younger.

It's under 14's so I don't see anything wrong with this appointment to be fair. It's far far higher up the food chain we are crying out for suitably qualified people I reckon.

Seems a good appointment. Experienced international, Blackburn Rovers background, done his coaching badges and looking to get on the coaching ladder and looking to gain experience working with youngsters. The fact that he has had a decent career and played a lot of international football should help to inspire the younger lads he is dealing with. One can only wish him the best of luck.

• Backroom

Seriously know nothing about what he's been up to or what his credentials are as long as he got his role on merit.

Good luck to him

Why get personal like that straight away ? I suppose your David fookin Beckham when you look in the mirror. :rover:

Ha, I look nothing like David Beckham - I am told I look a bit like Jordi Alba (Barca and Spain left back) which I'm happy enough with.

Anyway, have you seen that pic, Tomphil? He looks genuinley like he's recovering from an additicon and/or illness. Very gaunt.

Wow, this makes me feel old, remember watching Duffer, Jonty and Tiny as kids in the youth games.

U14 is a relatively minor coaching role, so to have an ex-player who's done his badges around could be a good move. On the other hand, if he's got it above others because of his links thats got to be an ongoing concern.

Id be interested to know what coaching badges there are, what they involve, and how they tie in with sports science.

Seems a good appointment. Experienced international, Blackburn Rovers background, done his coaching badges and looking to get on the coaching ladder and looking to gain experience working with youngsters. The fact that he has had a decent career and played a lot of international football should help to inspire the younger lads he is dealing with. One can only wish him the best of luck.

+100 excellent post.

Ha, I look nothing like David Beckham - I am told I look a bit like Jordi Alba (Barca and Spain left back) which I'm happy enough with.

Anyway, have you seen that pic, Tomphil? He looks genuinley like he's recovering from an additicon and/or illness. Very gaunt.

Lucky you lol Yeah he does but he's an ageing athlete at the end of the day, not long finished playing and still out on the pitch everyday. Never had any weight on him anyway but give him a couple of years on Rovers easy street and he'll put a couple of stone on and look well. Then get called a fat lazy baresteward on the gravy train :tu:

On the other hand, if he's got it above others because of his links thats got to be an ongoing concern.

Id say over 90% of jobs are done with a nod and a wink in football. That's the problem is say. Nepotism is rife, back scratching, nobody slags anyone off in case they need a job....Kevin Gallagher stand up.

All these sons of ex pros coming through is a joke too....

Archived