BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 14th May: 20 years on. Champions of England

I agree tom I think it could have been a much bigger affair .

The 1975 team will be there celebrating 40 years along with Prem team .

Fair play to FPA for organising something .

I hear Monday was a good night , but really it shouldn't have took FPA to organise something . The club should of organised a much larger celebration , they've had all year to do something .

So although many are disappointed with FPA, they don't own Ewood and the club was better placed to put on a show piece

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However much the National Press want to forget , they bloody well cant because we the Blackburn Rovers fans will not let them ....

Manchester United

Blackburn Rovers

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

All Premier League champions !

If I remember there was some sort of draw for season ticket holders to get their ticket for the game and I was unsuccessful. I managed to get there on the day sat in the main stand at Anfield having bought a ticket from a tout 6 weeks earlier through the old Loot newspaper for £40.

I was there on Monday just heard Graham Liver who is hosting the event tonight saying that all the players are attending this evening apart from David Batty who never wrote back.

If I remember there was some sort of draw for season ticket holders to get their ticket for the game and I was unsuccessful. I managed to get there on the day sat in the main stand at Anfield having bought a ticket from a tout 6 weeks earlier through the old Loot newspaper for £40.

I was there on Monday just heard Graham Liver who is hosting the event tonight saying that all the players are attending this evening apart from David Batty who never wrote back.

I never liked Batty and didn't think he fitted in, arriving late on the scene, then Moscow. His not replying speaks volumes.

Too much sideways play. Preferred Atkins who was better going forward and weighed in with goals as well.

I got the feeling he was bitter about dirty Leeds cashing in on him. He took the money though. Typical Yarkshire

Lots of the players mention the coach driver. Looks like he got a lot of stick. I bet he could tell some good stories. Does anyone know of his whereabouts?

• Moderation Lead

20 years ago, I'd just turned 11 and it still remains one of the best memories of my life.

Such feelings of pride at the time and looking back.

What a day. Growing up watching that team was glorious. I thought this football lark was easy, we just turned up and won every week!

I remember my dad telling me to savour this team and that number 9, because we will never see the like again.

"We called him Jack Walker, we called him the king of the land, on a bright summers day, on the 14th of May, stood there with the cup in his hand".

Can never take it away from us.

• Backroom

Looking at the photos from tonight of the team all together is special I can't believe they didn't do this in front of fans

Forgot about Berg. What a shame his stint as manager ended the way it did.

Looking at the photos from tonight of the team all together is special I can't believe they didn't do this in front of fans

Probably afraid of the embarrassment of a low turn out.

_83007967_alanshearer.jpg

Back Row: Tony Parkes, Stuart Ripley, Jason Wilcox, Colin Hendry, Bobby Mimms, Paul Warhurst, Tony Gale, Ian Pearce, Mike Newell

Front row: Kevin Gallacher, Jeff Kenna, Tim Flowers, Alan Shearer, Tim Sherwood, King Kenny, Chris Sutton, Mark 'super atko' Atkins, Graeme Le Saux, Alan Wright.

Archived