BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers announce new sponsor

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kit gets a thumbs up from me, proper blue again. At least we appear to have a real sponsor as well this time. Most of football isn't picky about who goes on the front of shirts these days so don't have a problem with that.

• Moderation Lead

I don't bother ever buying football shirts, but it is quite a nice one, the sponsor isn't too dominant on the front either, so we can't grumble I suppose.

• Backroom

Great shirt and a sponsor deal that is done in good time for a good period and probably worth a good chunk

Add to this I can probably get the nippers shirt without a sponsor due to it being a betting firm and happy days (on the kit front)

This is good news, and a big well done has to go to whoever is responsible for doing this deal. Maybe this is Dave Biggar's work having arrived from Everton.

A multi-million pound deal, even spread over 3 seasons, could be very important for the club in relation to FFP. It also sounds as though this is one of the biggest deals around in the Championship, as given our history and profile as a club we should be towards the top end of clubs in terms of sponsors.

This is the first time in a while that Rovers have attracted a significant global company as shirt sponsor. For too long the commercial side of the club has been flawed and well below what it should be for a club of Rovers' size. Even going back to John Williams' days we were thinking locally by going with Crown Paints.

In recent years the short term sponsors like Probiz and also the situation with having no sponsor lined up on the eve of the new season was a shambles, as was selling club merchandise with no sponsor on the front. Whilst I appreciate many prefer kits without sponsors on it simply shouldn't happen in these days of big money sponsors.

Its good to see us operating like a professional club once again. Getting a major deal done early so that their name can be printed on club shirts etc. ahead of the coming season.

The kit looks nice although it is only a mock-up from a computer design.

Sorry but I really don't get how anybody over the age of 14 can still get excited about a new shirt coming out or why anybody would pay the extortianate price year after year for what is just a blue and white shirt that looks @#/? when worn anywhere other than inside a football ground(and even then most men look awful wearing them)
From a business point of view though it seems a good deal and at least they've got it sorted in good time this year.

• Moderation Lead

Good news. Hopefully sneaks some cash into this season's accounts and helps with FFP - will anyone at Rovers have been that clever?!

Steady....

Sorry but I really don't get how anybody over the age of 14 can still get excited about a new shirt coming out or why anybody would pay the extortianate price year after year for what is just a blue and white shirt that looks @#/? when worn anywhere over than inside a football ground(and even then most men look awful wearing them)

From a business point of view though it seems a good deal and at least they've got it sorted in good time this year.

Probably not how I would have said it, but I'd only ever bother wearing a footy shirt when playing personally.

A great kit, the best in a while (probably since relegation season IMHO)

A name sponsor is also a step in the right direction.

And importantly, the blue is back on the correct side and in the right shade! Whilst I enjoyed the change last year, it'll be nice to go back to our traditional colours!

A red and black striped/halved away kit would make me a very happy supporter!

Sorry but I really don't get how anybody over the age of 14 can still get excited about a new shirt coming out or why anybody would pay the extortianate price year after year for what is just a blue and white shirt that looks @#/? when worn anywhere over than inside a football ground(and even then most men look awful wearing them)

Doctor Of Fashion has spoke.

He didn't say you couldn't abs. Just that he didn't understand why you'd want to. Have to admit I don't quite get it either. I wouldn't have a go at people who do (most of my own family for a start)) but I wouldn't choose to wear one myself and on most blokes especially the tight shirts designed to be worn by young blokes running round a football pitch, do not look great

He didn't say you couldn't abs. Just that he didn't understand why you'd want to. Have to admit I don't quite get it either. I wouldn't have a go at people who do (most of my own family for a start)) but I wouldn't choose to wear one myself and on most blokes especially the tight shirts designed to be worn by young blokes running round a football pitch, do not look great

Thing is i'd never tell anyone what they can or cannot wear . Whats it got to with anyone else who wears a footy shirt and who does not.

They should be banned for those age 40+

why? not had one since venkys came but may get one if everyone says I cant.

• Backroom

Great shirt and a sponsor deal that is done in good time for a good period and probably worth a good chunk

Add to this I can probably get the nippers shirt without a sponsor due to it being a betting firm and happy days (on the kit front)

You're not THAT short are you?

Of course you wouldn't(cough!burkhas!but I'm not going there ;) )

oh :wacko:

How long before we see Kate Hollern in a burkha / Hijab? I suggest that she needs to get in one pdq if she wants to repeat her election success because she looked well out of place celebrating her election win with all her loyal supporters around her.

• Backroom

Footy shirts are brilliant for regular hikers and walkers like me. Pack light and thin layers to keep warm. Great that I can show off my team at the same time (always a talking point with other hikers).

Archived