BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers announce new sponsor

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beggars cant be choosers i suppose. Probably a more withering criticism of the state of the nation than Jim mk2 could ever come up with is the sponsors currently attracted to sponsor football clubs. Betting and parasitic claim companies have unfortunately become the norm.

It looks like the shirts are a mock up only and not the final design.

I would prefer the shirt to be available without a "Daft Bet" logo.

Rovers fans have been fortunate to able to buy recents shirts without a sponsor. it is a big step in the right direction on the commercial side PB and a logo on the shirt is a small price to pay. Looks far better than bet 365.

On another point I am unsure though how betting sponsors are more morally wrong than Beer Gordon. Both cause social harm, both require a sense of personal restraint in their use.

Rovers fans have been fortunate to able to buy recents shirts without a sponsor. it is a big step in the right direction on the commercial side PB and a logo on the shirt is a small price to pay. Looks far better than bet 365.

On another point I am unsure though how betting sponsors are more morally wrong than Beer Gordon. Both cause social harm, both require a sense of personal restraint in their use.

it does come to the point, that with alcohol and betting sponsors, that we are asking young kids to parade and advertise for them which is not right imo. However, as you rightly pointed out, the club has at least given the fans the chance to buy with or without a sponsor, and i hope that trend continues.

Beggars cant be choosers i suppose. Probably a more withering criticism of the state of the nation than Jim mk2 could ever come up with is the sponsors currently attracted to sponsor football clubs. Betting and parasitic claim companies have unfortunately become the norm.

A godsend for Papiss Cisse's agent though.

Iceman. The only reason Rovers fans have had sponsor free shirts is because at the time of them going on sale the club had no sponsor. That will never happen now otherwise what is the point of anyone sponsoring a shirt?

I think that option no longer being there is a small price to pay for the club getting their commercial act together this time.

Do you remember ICI Perspex in the 80's? we could say they were inappropriate because they pumped dodgy factory fumes all over the people of Darwen. Where do you draw the line in order to get a 100% politically and morally correct sponsor?

I'd much rather have this logo on a shirt than some of the 'adult' kids clothes that are sale in New Look and Primarni etc

• Moderation Lead

It looks better than Zebra Claims or what I felt was a dreadful black box with Crown Paints on it in the middle of the shirt for a while.

im pretty sure last season shirts, there was a no sponsor option after we had signed the agreement with Zebra?

But tbh i was only a couple years old in the mid 80's, so im not aware of that Shaun. But if the club wants to use betting and alcoholic sponsors then thats fine, however the club still needs to offer those who dont want that the option. as an example, im muslim, i dont want or cannot have that on my shirt for religious reasons, so i either dont buy or get a sponsorless one. Which means that if you choose not to buy at all, then the club loses out on a shirt sale.

Not that it will make much difference if a few decide not to buy, and im not having a go at the club, but i was just wondering if the club will give the no sponorship option.

Archived