BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

I've no idea, very few I'd imagine but regardless - the weather is crap up here (I'm from outside of BBurn btw - about 10 miles).

Stuff like that...or people like Best don't irk me at all. I'd never choose to msg a player abuse etc and am not a fan of twitter or Facebook. To me, life's too interesting to make selfies,brag about yourself or seek attention.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Man Utd players don't live in Manchester, most Liverpool players don't live In Liverpool, 2 great cities.......

Best is a ****, simple as that and I firmly believe if you behave like a ****, treat people like sh1t, you'll get it back at some stage.

Leon your time will come son.

Most Man Utd players don't live in Manchester, most Liverpool players don't live In Liverpool, 2 great cities.......

Best is a ****, simple as that and I firmly believe if you behave like a ****, treat people like sh1t, you'll get it back at some stage.

Leon your time will come son.

Do you not feel the club has treated him quite shoddily (money aside!)? He's obviously a resentful sod but the club bought him and we haven't tried to get him on our pitch.

There's a long list of players who we froze out because of their salary, lied about their availability and fitness - Salgado, Robinson, Nelsen, Orr, Roberts etc. Each one has had a bit of a dig at the way things are run but It just seems to me that certain sections of fans tend to only focus on the likes of Best and Orr - from the outside looking in it's because they are as classless as those who hurl abuse at them online.

• Backroom

Do you not feel the club has treated him quite shoddily (money aside!)? He's obviously a resentful sod but the club bought him and we haven't tried to get him on our pitch.

There's a long list of players who we froze out because of their salary, lied about their availability and fitness - Salgado, Robinson, Nelsen, Orr, Roberts etc. Each one has had a bit of a dig at the way things are run but It just seems to me that certain sections of fans tend to only focus on the likes of Best and Orr - from the outside looking in it's because they are as classless as those who hurl abuse at them online.

I suppose the difference between Best/Orr and the others you mentioned, is that the other players all contributed something to Blackburn Rovers. Best and Orr did nothing but take from the club, they never contributed a thing beyond a nasty attitude towards both the club and the fans.

I suppose the difference between Best/Orr and the others you mentioned, is that the other players all contributed something to Blackburn Rovers. Best and Orr did nothing but take from the club, they never contributed a thing beyond a nasty attitude towards both the club and the fans.

My point being with Best, he hasn't been given a fair chance here - mainly because of what he'd cost to play. It's no wonder he is bitter and resentful (like those more admirable Rovers I mentioned) but ultimately he could walk away from a financially brilliant contract to ply his trade elsewhere for much less money...but why should he?

Personally, I resent the way Rovers conduct themselves since the takeover much more than I do those we were stupid enough to add to the playing staff.

• Backroom

My point being with Best, he hasn't been given a fair chance here - mainly because of what he'd cost to play.

Do we know that, though, or could it be that the management saw what his attitude was like and decided it was generally better to try and get on without him? It's not like he's been successful in his loan spells, either. If he couldn't do anything at Sheffield Wednesday or Brighton, why would it have been any different here? His loan spells read 43 apps, 4 goals. Granted some of those will be sub appearances, but still.

It's not his fault he got given a stupid contract on big money, but at the same time no manager should be forced to play him on the basis of "giving him a chance" if they don't think he'll contribute to the team. It certainly doesn't give him the right to dump on the club or the fans when he's continued to receive a small fortune from us for virtually nothing. The least he could do is act like a supposed professional or, if he's so offended, look to ply his trade elsewhere.

Do we know that, though, or could it be that the management saw what his attitude was like and decided it was generally better to try and get on without him? It's not like he's been successful in his loan spells, either. If he couldn't do anything at Sheffield Wednesday or Brighton, why would it have been any different here? His loan spells read 43 apps, 4 goals. Granted some of those will be sub appearances, but still.

It's not his fault he got given a stupid contract on big money, but at the same time no manager should be forced to play him on the basis of "giving him a chance" if they don't think he'll contribute to the team. It certainly doesn't give him the right to dump on the club or the fans when he's continued to receive a small fortune from us for virtually nothing. The least he could do is act like a supposed professional or, if he's so offended, look to ply his trade elsewhere.

Personally, I don't think that 13 appearances (with a cruciate injury inbetween) off the back of a £3m move is anything like fair chance. I think the situation has brought the worst out of him, or shone a light on it at least. It could be argued that he has sold his soul to the devil and like many others, I'm sure he has been offered a sizeable fee to simply @#/? off rather than linger about.

Best has demonstrated he has nothing to offer at this level. I don't think anyone can seriously say we need to play him. Daft.

How much has Steve Kean cost our club in ridiculous contracts. Murphy + Etuhu + Best + Orr + Portugeezers + Blackman. Just between those that has to be 10 million quid in payoffs for players who have collectively offered nothing to the club. Terrible.

I wish we could sue the b'stard

Best has demonstrated he has nothing to offer at this level. I don't think anyone can seriously say we need to play him. Daft.

How much has Steve Kean cost our club in ridiculous contracts. Murphy + Etuhu + Best + Orr + Portugeezers + Blackman. Just between those that has to be 10 million quid in payoffs for players who have collectively offered nothing to the club. Terrible.

I wish we could sue the b'stard

I haven't said we need to play him - which 20+ goals a year striker would we drop for him for start? I just think that he hasn't been given a chance here, initially for non - football reasons and that's contributed to him having the attitude he has. I'd be miffed too, but I'd deal with it more like Ryan Nelson did.

Some Rovers fans are a very strange bunch, there's a lot currently in uproar because King saw fit to see out his contract and chose to move on because he wasn't getting games...apparently he's now "Disrespecting the club" or "being an arrogant bstard thinking he can do better". The same ones hoping he'd stay for his untapped potential, will be the loudest hurling abuse if we get them in the cup.

I haven't said we need to play him - which 20+ goals a year striker would we drop for him for start? I just think that he hasn't been given a chance here, initially for non - football reasons and that's contributed to him having the attitude he has. I'd be miffed too, but I'd deal with it more like Ryan Nelson did.

Some Rovers fans are a very strange bunch, there's a lot currently in uproar because King saw fit to see out his contract and chose to move on because he wasn't getting games...apparently he's now "Disrespecting the club" or "being an arrogant bstard thinking he can do better". The same ones hoping he'd stay for his untapped potential, will be the loudest hurling abuse if we get them in the cup.

If you think this is limited to Rovers fans, then you haven't had much contact with fans from other clubs. It goes on at all clubs, at all levels, and from what i've seen, in all countries.

If you think this is limited to Rovers fans, then you haven't had much contact with fans from other clubs. It goes on at all clubs, at all levels, and from what i've seen, in all countries.

Oh I realise that. Tends to be the ones who have the exact same haircut and clothes as their mates and swear at least three times in a sentence.

In fairness to Best (which goes against the grain) when he was used at the start he did quite well and brought something to the party, but whatever he did he was dropped next match for Jordan Rhodes. That situation does nothing for either morale or performance of either player. Best needed a level of performance to target and Rhodes needed competition to spur him on. No one can deny that some of JR's performances have been seriously lacking effort.

Suggests to me either bad management OR interference in team selection from above.

Oh I realise that. Tends to be the ones who have the exact same haircut and clothes as their mates and swear at least three times in a sentence.

I used to sit amongst them at away grounds... until I stopped going to away matches.

In fairness to Best (which goes against the grain) when he was used at the start he did quite well and brought something to the party, but whatever he did he was dropped next match for Jordan Rhodes.

I don't recall Best ever starting ahead of Rhodes, they started together a few times at the start of 13/14 and then Best went on loan (which thankfully paved the way for Rudy to join!)

In fairness to Best (which goes against the grain) when he was used at the start he did quite well and brought something to the party, but whatever he did he was dropped next match for Jordan Rhodes. That situation does nothing for either morale or performance of either player. Best needed a level of performance to target and Rhodes needed competition to spur him on. No one can deny that some of JR's performances have been seriously lacking effort.

Suggests to me either bad management OR interference in team selection from above.

I used to sit amongst them at away grounds... until I stopped going to away matches.

Who was it that recently said Best was on a ridiculously bonus - laden contract. They suggested it reeked of he who shall not be named and the guy who championed him? I'm pretty sure I read it on here.

There may be something in what you say, however the evidence is there for all to see, he has been loaned to Derby and Brighton and their fans are also of the same opinion as Rovers fans.

As for King I agree. I would have liked him to stay, but he has joined a premiership outfit with a really good manager, fair play to him. He hasn't really disrespected the club, he's just said it how it is, something of which a lot of other players who have left haven't done. Also his comments come after leaving the club not whilst actually still being employed by the club and then therefore having a negative effect on other players.

I think we saw enough early on to know what Best is all about. He has to be the main man and lead the line, for his ego as much as anything else. He occupies the position that ideally suits Rhodes and yes his physical presence is better and the ball sticks to him better. There is the odd goals in him but no way is he the finisher of Rhodes class nor gets himself in those positions. Anyone who things his workrate is more than Rhodes is way off the mark. Jordan has his quiet games a bit too often at times but Best is overall one lazy baresteward and always has been.

In Rudy we found a better version of Best imo but as much as I think Leon a tosser if we lose one or two of the strikers and he's still on the books being paid then even I concede he should be used.

Tbf the same has happened to Rhodes on a good few occasions this season. Scored and played well, then dropped. Same has happened to Taylor, Duffy, King, etc. Bowyer's man-management is questionable at the best of times IMO.

You stopped going to away matches? Does that mean you're entitled to an opinion on those games or not?

EDIT: forgot to add the etc. Im sure there are numerous other players who've fallen foul to the tinkerman and his favs.

3 problems with losing King fir me.

1 He has pace - something the team lacks hugely. His loss makes us even slower. And given how rarely GB plays or buys players with pace I can't see him buying a pacy replacement - we'll be even slower.

2 king is versatile. With only 24 players allowed someone who can pls on either flank or up top os very useful.

3 worst of all we won't get anyone better. Regardless of opinion most would concede king can be devastating on occasions. Can't see his replacement having that kind of potential or ability or producing good performances to the same irregular frequency

I don't recall Best ever starting ahead of Rhodes, they started together a few times at the start of 13/14 and then Best went on loan (which thankfully paved the way for Rudy to join!)

I meant 'at the start of Bests career here (after recovering from his injury).

Tbf the same has happened to Rhodes on a good few occasions this season. Scored and played well, then dropped. Same has happened to Taylor, Duffy, King, etc. Bowyer's man-management is questionable at the best of times IMO.

You stopped going to away matches? Does that mean you're entitled to an opinion on those games or not?

EDIT: forgot to add the etc. Im sure there are numerous other players who've fallen foul to the tinkerman and his favs.

I'll allow myself to give a general opinion but not a specific one and certainly not ab definite one until I have seen respective incidents. I do however pass much opinion on most aspects of home games which I have seen live.

I'll allow myself to give a general opinion but not a specific one and certainly not ab definite one until I have seen respective incidents. I do however pass much opinion on most aspects of home games which I have seen live.

One rule for 'drog, one rule for everyone else.

Just read through all this and it is good to see that the traditional 'he's @#/? anyway' argument is alive and well.

Personally I recall terrific performances against Charlton away, Birmingham away, Bolton home, Barnsley home, and of course Stoke and Swansea in the cup.

The fastest player I have seen at Ewood. Decent control and always an option as an out ball.

On the other hand shocking injury record, generally poor shooting and decision making.

Maybe he'll do the business in the big league, maybe not but we are definitely poorer without him.

Archived