BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

What a damning indictment when a Rovers player says he needs to join fookin 'BOURNEMOUTH' to further his career and opportunity.

We have fallen further than many dare realise.

That said,it does appear in Kings case 'the Ego has landed'!!

Forget the club, South Coast and Premiership football is very attractive for someone of Kings limited ability, an absolute no brainer.

He's a very fortunate having watched him perform poorly most occasions, moan in the press and setup camp on the treatment table.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd play 4-2-3-1

Eastwood

Henley Duffy Kilgallon Spurr

Lowe Cairney

Conway Marshall Olsson

Rhodes

If we sign no one between now and the start of the season this would be my team too.

It's an okay side but ideally I would want to move Olsson to left back and sign a pacy proper left winger who has goals in them.

Issue is if we get injuries we are screwed. And also if Rhodes goes we are fooked.

I swore someone once joked King was a "footballer".

Them grapes must taste really sour.

We are definitely a worse squad without King. We really need to bring in someone equal or better. Preferably a talisman.

He's been absolutely abysmal for most of the 2.5 years he's been here, that's why he was never a regular starter and one of the reasons Gestede was signed. Since then Rhodes and Gestede have averaged practically a goal a game between them so it's no surprise at all that this loafer couldn't get a regular start. It would have been a travesty if he did. Also no surprise at all to see his mate Best chirping up on his behalf on Twitter. They strike me as being very similar in terms of attitude.

I think Bournemouth are in for a nasty shock. However of course at a maximum 1.2m it's a relatively cheap gamble for them if it fails to come off, which is obviously why King has made it to the Premiership before Rhodes as Gordon asked. I'd wager if Rhodes was available at 1.2m now there'd be a lot more Clubs in for him than there would be for King.

He's been absolutely abysmal for most of the 2.5 years he's been here, that's why he was never a regular starter and one of the reasons Gestede was signed. Since then Rhodes and Gestede have averaged practically a goal a game between them so it's no surprise at all that this loafer couldn't get a regular start. It would have been a travesty if he did. Also no surprise at all to see his mate Best chirping up on his behalf on Twitter. They strike me as being very similar in terms of attitude.

I think Bournemouth are in for a nasty shock. However of course at a maximum 1.2m it's a relatively cheap gamble for them if it fails to come off, which is obviously why King has made it to the Premiership before Rhodes as Gordon asked. I'd wager if Rhodes was available at 1.2m now there'd be a lot more Clubs in for him than there would be for King.

Spot on for the most part. I am sad to see King go as I think he could have been a useful player for us, particularly since we are almost certain to lose Gestede. However, there has been no place for him this last year except in spurts (where he has only performed a handful of times) and if he had been picked ahead of Rhodes or Gestede I can almost guarantee our league finish would have been even worse. That's the difference the goals of Rudy and Rhodes have made, something some fail to grasp.

And RE your last comment. Very strange comments from Gordon about King making it to the Prem before Rhodes. Doesn't take much intelligence to note the huge difference between paying £8mill+ and paying likely sub £1mill (plus much lower wages). As you said, if Rhodes was available for £1.5mill there would be plenty more clubs in for him and the majority would be bigger and more successful clubs than Bournemouth. That's for certain.

Them grapes must taste really sour.

We are definitely a worse squad without King. We really need to bring in someone equal or better. Preferably a talisman.

Sorry Stuart but if he is a decent footballer then I am Tom Jones.

He is naff.

I am not concerned one bit by King leaving, inconsistent in his performances, lazy and bone idle, injury prone and poor at finishing.

How many games has he cost us with missing chances?

The Stoke game was a one off, he wont do anything like that again.

I agree with the poster who compared him to Hoilett !

To sum up my feelings about King as a footballer i would say that i was actually astonished when he put the ball in the net against stoke. Fast, decent technique but usually absolutely woeful at finishing and the final ball.

Could he be a good signing for Bournemouth - absolutely if they can do what countless others have failed to do and improve his decision making. Would i have upset if he stayed - no but neither am i particularly upset that he has left. Coming from Man U i would imagine he was at the upper end of our wage scale...

You may be right, but he had to convince GB to drop one of Rhodes and Gestede. Which one would you have dropped for King?

I wouldn't have dropped either for Brown but GB did numerous times.

I am not concerned one bit by King leaving,

I know it's different strokes but I remember folk saying similar when Allardyce left. The assumption was that they won't be missed but Rovers 2015 will only further downgrade to poorer players.

To be fair, Hoilett did far more for us than King ever has, and at a higher level too.

Agreed. Hoillet was in a different class for us than King ever was. Can't really comment on why he hasn't kicked on since leaving, shame really.

Absolutely!

Barnsley and Stoke at home, and Brum away. Can't remember many more good days Josh has had in 2.5 years!

Hasta la Vista - the Grass is always Greener!

First time I saw King play was when the TV here televised us away to Carlisle in a League Cup game. We were crap and King was appalling.

I don't think he has the balls for a season long relegation scrap - which is what is coming to Bournemouth imo.

Yes he did. Maybe not the exact same words, but something of the same nature.

Depends how you interpret it. He just said something more like "Good look brother moving to a proper place good people better sun a nice place to raise kids"

You only need to pick up the Telegraph to see what Blackburn is about these days.

To be fair, Hoilett did far more for us than King ever has, and at a higher level too.

Worst comparison ever. Hoilett was a good player in an awful era for us. He made things happen whereas King mainly made row 19 duck.

*This is in agreement with you DE but hasn't pulled other quote over for some reason.

Depends how you interpret it. He just said something more like "Good look brother moving to a proper place good people better sun a nice place to raise kids"

You only need to pick up the Telegraph to see what Blackburn is about these days.

But as previously mentioned, how many Rovers players actually live in Blackburn?

Archived