BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

King's only problem is his injury record/potential, which is a huge problem. He has got blistering pace, good feet, a poor shot though that can be improved and with his pace he'll get more opportunities than most.

I felt he was poorly managed by GB, though with his injuries it's partially understandable.

I'm gutted he left. It's a huge if, but if he can stay fit for long enough he'll have a good career and we messed up.

OK now give us £5 mil mr tribunal...

King's only problem is his injury record/potential, which is a huge problem. He has got blistering pace, good feet, a poor shot though that can be improved and with his pace he'll get more opportunities than most.

I felt he was poorly managed by GB, though with his injuries it's partially understandable.

I'm gutted he left. It's a huge if, but if he can stay fit for long enough he'll have a good career and we messed up.

OK now give us £5 mil mr tribunal...

He was poor for most of his time here, with the odd flash of quality, albeit against 10 man Premiership opposition.

His head wasn't right, the injuries didn't help him, seemed to get injured after being dropped and that continued throughout his time here.

A player with these flaws in his character can’t change overnight, just wait until he falls out of favour at Bournemouth, then we’ll see what he’s made of.

He has all that but needs a cooler head in front of goal, as he gets older that should develop.

With him being a full international I think we wont see more than £3m at best for him

£3m would be absolutely amazing. To be honest when he left I thought £1m max, but true he is a full international.

Does anyone have a clue about how the tribunal sets fees?

• Moderation Lead

Nothing has ever epitomised hypocrisy than Jason Roberts on Match of the Day (FA Cup) saying 'If you're Rudy Gestede you should be finishing that'....

I'm not sure composure comes with age. Jason Roberts' jelly-itis got worse with age

After he left us he had a storming season with Reading in the Championship. Sort of player who is limited but if you play to his strengths can be a really effective. He was always second fiddle (quite rightly) to McCarthy and Cruz.

Shame he was so terrible in the air for such a massive bloke. If he'd sorted that side of his game he would have been really decent. Never seen a striker so unable to jump. It was more of a hindrance to his career than his poor finishing imo.

Loads of players who were real scapegoats at Rovers who I would love us to have now. Roberts, Niall, Mokoena, Kuqi, even (tin hat on) Andrews.

Shows how far we have fallen.

After he left us he had a storming season with Reading in the Championship. Sort of player who is limited but if you play to his strengths can be a really effective. He was always second fiddle (quite rightly) to McCarthy and Cruz.

Shame he was so terrible in the air for such a massive bloke. If he'd sorted that side of his game he would have been really decent. Never seen a striker so unable to jump. It was more of a hindrance to his career than his poor finishing imo.

Loads of players who were real scapegoats at Rovers who I would love us to have now. Roberts, Niall, Mokoena, Kuqi, even (tin hat on) Andrews.

Shows how far we have fallen.

No not Andrews lol but the others yeah they'd be stars now basically because this is their level. Their sheer graft and physical presence plus the fact that some got promoted with their clubs turned them into Prem squad men. Andrews got their via a mate, should never have been near a Prem team imo and no I never booed him. Your right about Roberts at Reading they loved him there.

He has all that but needs a cooler head in front of goal, as he gets older that should develop.

The ability to finish is a natural talent which you either have either got or haven't and King hasn't imo. Don't see that will ever change.

As for speculation about how much we'll get for him it would be astonishing if we got the 3m to 5m being mentioned on here. I can't remember how the compensation system works but I was under the impression it was a set formula based on age and previous wage etc so I was expecting a figure around the 1m mark.

Get the Tribunal done quickly. One long run down the wing and we will hear his hamstring go from Ewood!!

Yup.

The ability to finish is a natural talent which you either have either got or haven't and King hasn't imo. Don't see that will ever change.

As for speculation about how much we'll get for him it would be astonishing if we got the 3m to 5m being mentioned on here. I can't remember how the compensation system works but I was under the impression it was a set formula based on age and previous wage etc so I was expecting a figure around the 1m mark.

Yup.

Not true. Most players develop more poise as they get older and get more experienced. There's many examples and even Shearer's goalscoring record wasn't great in his younger days. King already gets himself into scoring positions - which is the most difficult art of all - and the goals will start to flow as along as he is playing regularly.

Archived