BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Theory Of Everything

We have spent 4+ years basically saying none of this makes any sense. As an intellectual exercise, I started from the opposite view: what if everything that happened did make sense, it just seems like it doesn't because we don't know the plot. So what plot would fit the facts? Try this for size:

The concept of taking over a Premiership club to use as a vehicle for increasing the value of third-party owned players makse sense to me: you keep your capital exposure low and leverage the inevitable inflationary effect on player values of the ever-sky-rocketing broadcast fees. Third-party ownership is rife in South America but there is no money in the game there, you need to combine it with the Premiership. I bet our agent friends had been thinking about this for years.

So, what to do? Look for a club for sale that wasn't under the media spotlight. It wouldn't stand a chance of working at Liverpool or Man Yoo. Blackburn - perfect!

Ok, so you need to have a compliant manager to make the scheme work. Got to sack Allardyce obviously but if you just parachute in some nonentity, the spotlight will turn on you. Answer - get your own man in on the inside well in advance so he can be promoted from within - no spotlight!

Kean seemed perfect, a chip on his shoulder about being excluded by the mates club that is footy management - he had no mates remember, couldn't even bring in his own No 2. Punt him for some cone clearing job at Ewood, he'd be bound to get the job as his resuime was too good for the job. I recall Allardyce gushing when we got Kean, can't believe he got someone so experienced in such a lowly role.

Now to find a plausibe buyer. Again, can't leave things to chance, so salt the mine with some ludicrous candidates before wheeling out the chicken magnates. Easy to sell them on global exposure with limited financial exposure. When Mrs D talked about leasing players and we thought it showed her naivety, she was being literally correct - that was the plan, lease 3rd-party owned players.

So the execs and management are cleared out, Kean and Tantric move in, all systems go.

Then the wheels start coming off. the first lease player catches the eye of the authorities, the spotlight turns. OK, plan B, get as much as possible in agent fees by renegotiating every contract massively upward - players will go along with that mostly - add on huge agent fees for mediocre signings forever and a day.

Then more wheels come off. Kean is crap and Tantric punts trash players. Tantric probably a) believed in Kean and B) given agents play such a big role in recruitment these days arrogantly thought he could do it anyway.

So the plan peters out and the culprits eff off, leaving the owners facing huge losses. Here is where their actions becomes clearer. They stuck with Kean trying to save the original plan - it was the only one made sense for them. They haven't apologised or even admitted fault because that would raise competence issues with their shareholders. Their businesses turn over $1 billion/year - their losses on Rovers are nothing to what they could lose if shareholders lost confidence in their ability. So keep schtum and take it on the chin, because the alternative is far worse.

Current plan? Get the losses down, hope for a hail mary promotion, but keep implying it's all under control. Bowyer isn't part of the original plans, but he keeps it all respectable looking and is better than Kean.

Discuss.

Interesting read but it feels like you gave up halfway through.

Far from the wheels just falling off, there is the added complication of Shagnew vs Singh, and you don't give the Action Group any credit.

I'm with JBN, in my view, Venkys were sold an idea which had no basis in reality. I suspect they thought that third-party ownership was legal and weren't aware of the concept of relegation. However, they are still ultimately responsible. Ignorance of the rules is no defence. I'm surprised that they haven't yet taken legal action against those people involved.

Far from the wheels just falling off, there is the added complication of Shagnew vs Singh, and you don't give the Action Group any credit.

I'm with JBN, in my view, Venkys were sold an idea which had no basis in reality. I suspect they thought that third-party ownership was legal and weren't aware of the concept of relegation. However, they are still ultimately responsible. Ignorance of the rules is no defence. I'm surprised that they haven't yet taken legal action against those people involved.

I disagree there stu as your last sentence sort of sums it up .

I believe they knew what they were doing in the 1st place as let's be honest there corporation is quite big so they'll have a lot of field business and financial advisor's who do things for them whilst they kick back in their ivory tower

Those crooks involved may well have taken Venkys for a ride, but that doesn't excuse incompetent decision after incompetent decision, which are still being made to this day.

You know what, I think most fans, me included, would accept some of whats gone on if they actually did something to address the current situation at Ewood.

Trying to address FFP isn’t just about selling players, that we can’t replace by the way, but having dialogue with both supporters and the football authorities as to a way forward, we’ve heard nothing in one of the most important closed seasons in recent memory which is a disgrace and shows what they think of the clubs lifeblood.

Putting competent football people back in the board room would massively improve supporters confidence, but no they stick with someone who presided over PNE’s demise and got his current job because he would back his program printing mate Agnew against Singh!

The robbery has taken place, the cowboys have split the loot and Venkys are still confused.

Lets just get them out, not look for excuses as to why they got robbed.

If you want to rob people better to rob criminals as they can't exactly go to the authorities

Those crooks involved may well have taken Venkys for a ride, but that doesn't excuse incompetent decision after incompetent decision, which are still being made to this day.

You know what, I think most fans, me included, would accept some of whats gone on if they actually did something to address the current situation at Ewood.

Trying to address FFP isnt just about selling players, that we cant replace by the way, but having dialogue with both supporters and the football authorities as to a way forward, weve heard nothing in one of the most important closed seasons in recent memory which is a disgrace and shows what they think of the clubs lifeblood.

Putting competent football people back in the board room would massively improve supporters confidence, but no they stick with someone who presided over PNEs demise and got his current job because he would back his program printing mate Agnew against Singh!

The robbery has taken place, the cowboys have split the loot and Venkys are still confused.

Gav they have no interest in making things right and haven't shown any since they rocked up

We need them out ASAP

A far simpler explanation without the need for conspiracy theories which can't be disproved as far as I can see is that the V's saw taking over a Premiership football Club as the perfect global marketing tool for advertising and improving their brand image. (Remember the cringeworthy chicken ads?)

Not having any previous experience whatsoever of running a sports franchise they ask Anderson Kentaro etc to advise them initially. The V's worst mistake is when they look at Allardyce's eye watering salary, and instead of getting someone even better in wrongly assume they can just get a cheaper coach in to do the same job with no real damage done. The players recommended by Anderson Kentaro etc aren't roaring successes financially for the Club or on the pitch ,and relations with them sour. The existing management feel marginalised and engineer their exits and pay offs. On the pitch Kean turns out to be a disaster and we are relegated. They then turn to Shebby Singh for advice who doesn't rate Kean.

Deep breath...........Singh fancies himself at playing Championship manager and SK is needled out of the door by Singh trying to interfere in team matters and signing Portugeezers behind his back. Stung by criticism that they were too loyal to Kean the V's go through 5 managers in a season trying to find the right formula. Singh obviously isn't the answer and is allowed to fade into obscurity. After the latest managerial sacking GB does better than could have been hoped in a caretaker capacity and gets the gig.

Now stung by criticism that they went through 5 managers in a season and are practically bringing the game into disrepute the V's decide to stick with GB and show him some loyalty even though 2 years later it has probably become apparent to most that he isn't the right man to take us forward on the pitch long term. In the meantine a combination of a previous ridiculous "promotion or bust" style overspend on garbage like Best, Murphy and Etuhu (and yes the wonderful Rhodes) and the effect of the FFP regulations has left us looking considerably more "bust" than likely to be promoted.

Now here we are in a very difficult situation and all the signs are the owners haven't a clue what to do for the best, other than to cling onto the belief that GB can somehow get us promoted despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

That's my take on it anyhow and not a conspiracy theory in sight but in some ways it doesn't really matter what you believe is the correct version as whatever you believe really happened, we look to be in a very parlous situation going forward.

Gav they have no interest in making things right and haven't shown any since they rocked up

We need them out ASAP

And then what? Sounds a simple idea cos it is. Truth is it would be suicidal, we'd be wrapped up in a few weeks. Christ Almighty we've debated this to death but even if it were our decision we simply cannot do that without a workable alternative.

As far as EiT's theory goes then the initial idea is similar to the route that I hoped the Trust would take. Find emerging talent around the world and use the club's situation in the Prem to introduce them to the European market. Maybe naive but I rather hoped an arrangement with Brad Friedel whilst he was here and whilst he had his soccer school might have provided conditions for a symbiotic relationship.

Now we have been submerged in debt by those two swindlers should we spare a thought for the owners who through their own naivety have spewed a fortune. Fools and their money eh? Rem the stupid comment on national radio by Mrs Desai way back which subjected them to national ridicule when she stated that chucking £5m pa into the club would guarantee european football! :wstu: Pretty obvious in hindsight who must have convinced her of that isn't it? Just a shame the pair didn't try it on with Russian owners, they'd be wearing concrete boots by now.

We need them out ASAP

I know pal, I just wish the fanbase would unite, that would make a statement of intent that we want them out.

But 100 walking down Livesey Branch Road surrounded by police sends out the wrong message and isn't going to cut it.

And then what? Sounds a simple idea cos it is. Truth is it would be suicidal, we'd be wrapped up in a few weeks. Christ Almighty we've debated this to death but even if it were our decision we simply cannot do that without a workable alternative.

So what do you suggest Gordon as sticking with Venky's isn't helping the situation as God knows what there plan is but I bet you they have an exit strategy whatever it is I don't know But it highly likely won't be for BRFC benefit or the fans.

We need shut of em asap

The alternative is quite simple Gordon, with an ever increasing debt week upon week the club will go bust with no chance of anyone being able to service the debt at those levels, thats what the people hiding behind "We've no alternative" are advocating, how can that be an viable option?

Get them out now and see what transpires, roll the dice, can it be worse than heading to league 1 with 150/200m debts?

I'm getting boring now and hijacking other threads, I'll shut up :tu:

Rev, that's pretty much how I see it. I would add that their original plan, and one they've fallen back to, was to use a coach rather than a manager, to bring on players provided by a certain agent, with the aim of selling on. They believed that would be successful in the PL. whether they still believe that now, or they are simply out of ideas, I don't know.

Venkys bought Rovers under the understanding they would use the club as an advertising Vehicle to sell their Chicken Products to a UK market...nothing more,nothing less.

The general welfare and best interests of BRFC have always come second.

Venkys should NOT have been allowed to within a Million Miles of this Club.

:angry:

Promotion is the only way out. Some (not so much on here) feel hard done to that we are under an embargo. Personally it's a good job we are as it has curbed the increasing wastage of millions of pounds and we are teetering on the edge, rather than having fallen off already. Unfortunately FFP came at a time where it looked like maybe we had woken up, also Bowyer (or whoever) brought low cost quality to the club in terms of Cairney, Gestede, Conway and Marshall. The V's openly admitted that we would look to develop and sell on players - I'm fine with that, that's what Rovers do - even under Jack.

We are now at a stalemate, needing to sell Rhodes and Gestede in order to lift the embargo - but incapable of doing that as the options to replace 2/3 of their goals isn't out there for peanuts or in the squad already. The manager isn't good or inspiring enough to get the best out of what we have and for me, barring a miracle, it's all going to come to a head this season.

The reason and motives behind it all? Greed, inexperience, ignorance and stupidity...absolutely rife throughout various roles at this once great club.

A far simpler explanation without the need for conspiracy theories which can't be disproved as far as I can see is that the V's saw taking over a Premiership football Club as the perfect global marketing tool for advertising and improving their brand image. (Remember the cringeworthy chicken ads?)

Not having any previous experience whatsoever of running a sports franchise they ask Anderson Kentaro etc to advise them initially. The V's worst mistake is when they look at Allardyce's eye watering salary, and instead of getting someone even better in wrongly assume they can just get a cheaper coach in to do the same job with no real damage done. The players recommended by Anderson Kentaro etc aren't roaring successes financially for the Club or on the pitch ,and relations with them sour. The existing management feel marginalised and engineer their exits and pay offs. On the pitch Kean turns out to be a disaster and we are relegated. They then turn to Shebby Singh for advice who doesn't rate Kean.

Deep breath...........Singh fancies himself at playing Championship manager and SK is needled out of the door by Singh trying to interfere in team matters and signing Portugeezers behind his back. Stung by criticism that they were too loyal to Kean the V's go through 5 managers in a season trying to find the right formula. Singh obviously isn't the answer and is allowed to fade into obscurity. After the latest managerial sacking GB does better than could have been hoped in a caretaker capacity and gets the gig.

Now stung by criticism that they went through 5 managers in a season and are practically bringing the game into disrepute the V's decide to stick with GB and show him some loyalty even though 2 years later it has probably become apparent to most that he isn't the right man to take us forward on the pitch long term. In the meantine a combination of a previous ridiculous "promotion or bust" style overspend on garbage like Best, Murphy and Etuhu (and yes the wonderful Rhodes) and the effect of the FFP regulations has left us looking considerably more "bust" than likely to be promoted.

Now here we are in a very difficult situation and all the signs are the owners haven't a clue what to do for the best, other than to cling onto the belief that GB can somehow get us promoted despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

That's my take on it anyhow and not a conspiracy theory in sight but in some ways it doesn't really matter what you believe is the correct version as whatever you believe really happened, we look to be in a very parlous situation going forward.

So you think that inflated agents fees whilst bringing in useless players, and selling or binning our better ones - predicated by the departures of respected management and board with decades of experience, nay success - is just a coincidence? :huh:

I did somewhat, it was bedtime.

I think they were in on it for two reasons:

i) They didn't need a global marketing vehicle for Venky's. Their retail business is barely off the ground in India and the rest of their business is B2B. It was a dreadful strategic fit.

ii) I think when Mrs B said an annual investment in players of 5 million quid would get us into Europe, it might have done if those were the leasing fees for good 3rd-party players. I think she was letting slip the plan there.

So I think they were in on Plan A but not Plan B, which was cooked up on the hoof by the Gruesome Twosome and predicated entirely on ripping the owners off. Realising all was not well and the two had gone rogue, Shebby was sent over when really they should have sent their top forensic accountant as well. Shebby no doubt told them he could resurrect the promotion or bust imperative, but he was an idiot too. Agnew was a chancer who took advantage of the chaos and Shaw was far enough away from the original two to seem "clean" and vaguely competent enough that things could still run, which they have kinda.

Venky's being in on Plan A is the only thing that explains their actions throughout in my mind.

I did somewhat, it was bedtime.

I think they were in on it for two reasons:

i) They didn't need a global marketing vehicle for Venky's. Their retail business is barely off the ground in India and the rest of their business is B2B. It was a dreadful strategic fit.

ii) I think when Mrs B said an annual investment in players of 5 million quid would get us into Europe, it might have done if those were the leasing fees for good 3rd-party players. I think she was letting slip the plan there.

So I think they were in on Plan A but not Plan B, which was cooked up on the hoof by the Gruesome Twosome and predicated entirely on ripping the owners off. Realising all was not well and the two had gone rogue, Shebby was sent over when really they should have sent their top forensic accountant as well. Shebby no doubt told them he could resurrect the promotion or bust imperative, but he was an idiot too. Agnew was a chancer who took advantage of the chaos and Shaw was far enough away from the original two to seem "clean" and vaguely competent enough that things could still run, which they have kinda.

Venky's being in on Plan A is the only thing that explains their actions throughout in my mind.

Don't forget meeting the Queen

Archived