BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that Demy de Zeeuw is available on a free. I think we should get him. Yes, he's a central midfielder and his last clubs were a bit of a farce, but I watched him at NAC last season and although the team was terrible, he still has class, amazing passing and is not too conceited to run and work his socks off. He's definetely no Cairney, but I think he can bring some creativity and genuine class in midfield which we lack at this moment. And, although his salary can be a problem, he's free. Completely free.

So Gary, Derek or anyone read this: get this guy on trial and decide if he adds to the squad. I think he does.

Just read that Demy de Zeeuw is available on a free. I think we should get him. Yes, he's a central midfielder and his last clubs were a bit of a farce, but I watched him at NAC last season and although the team was terrible, he still has class, amazing passing and is not too conceited to run and work his socks off. He's definetely no Cairney, but I think he can bring some creativity and genuine class in midfield which we lack at this moment. And, although his salary can be a problem, he's free. Completely free.

So Gary, Derek or anyone read this: get this guy on trial and decide if he adds to the squad. I think he does.

Good call. Are his legs still ok? He's 32 ish I think.

If you have been at the Q and A session or read the LT you would know that we need a sale around 5 million pounds to get this embargo lift.

Thats means selling a key player, for me I wouldnt be selling key players in January. Wait till the summer is much better.

Speaking to supporters last night they are hoping JLowe to West-Brom will do it.

Normally I'd agree any free player with quality is worth a look, however we have a small squad with six centre mids, 3 of whom actually look pretty good and are performing.

Striker is the absolute top priority. Apart from that we also could do with a winger, a right back and a centreback.

When is Rovers year-end? I don't understand the £5m sale thing, because FFP is based on reported results. It seems that all this 'wage saving' by Shaw/Gaz hasn't made much of a dent in the losses.

Once you're in an embargo, how do you get out of it? Selling a player this year will not get us out of it next year. When we submit the accounts, would we be straight back in an embargo??

Are we going to need to sell £8m of players every year to stay out of the embargo? (Cairney + £5m)

Rovers must surely be missing a trick somewhere because our turnover is comparable to most of the clubs spending a fortune in this league (obviously not the relegated clubs) and no-one else is in our situation.

Was that rumour ever even credible? It was reported on gossip on BBC football that they would bid £5 mil for him :lol:

It's a cruel rumour for the Rovers faithful to suffer if it never had any legs to begin with.

When is Rovers year-end? I don't understand the £5m sale thing, because FFP is based on reported results. It seems that all this 'wage saving' by Shaw/Gaz hasn't made much of a dent in the losses.

Once you're in an embargo, how do you get out of it? Selling a player this year will not get us out of it next year. When we submit the accounts, would we be straight back in an embargo??

Are we going to need to sell £8m of players every year to stay out of the embargo? (Cairney + £5m)

Rovers must surely be missing a trick somewhere because our turnover is comparable to most of the clubs spending a fortune in this league (obviously not the relegated clubs) and no-one else is in our situation.

The issue was we recognised the huge losses in a single year due to the board f-ing up. They had to write off most of the payoffs from the Kean era in one go due to board incompetence.

If we had recognised some of the losses earlier we would have swerved FFP. But we didn't. Now we need to generate 5m to get out of FFP.

Once thats done the basics are we are viable after the parahute payments expire if we have an average wage bill of around 15k a week (20 mill across a 25 man squad over a year) Probably the only players we now have above that are Rhodes (by miles) and Hanley. I think (though only gut feel) the likes of Duffy, Conway and Marshall will be on around 15k. Not a great situation but teams like Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth have been promoted with similar or less wage bills.

It really comes down to finding a manager who can get promoted on that level of resource. Which isn't Bowyer imo. We have gone from being in a position where a competent manage should get us into the playoffs - as the additional resources should (if used sensibly which they weren't) have aquired good players and therefore better performances - to now needing someone exceptional to make it happen with cheaper players. And also need other better resourced clubs to f-up themselves (which to be honest does seem to be the norm in this division, amazingly well resources clubs like QPR and Fulham are struggling).

Bowyer has been disappointing but the real damage was done by needlessly wasting huge amounts of money in our first season down, and not appointing proper managers when we had the Berg/Appleton circus.

Now we have a mid table wage bill looking for some managerial magic a la Dyche, Howe etc.

I think we will really struggle to hold on. His finishing is woeful, but apart from that he looks a promising Premier League player. Quick and direct, great engine, strong technique.

Unlike Blackburn, I'm pretty sure there isn't a TK MAXX or ice rink in Valencia, I can't see him wanting to go somewhere like that.

Valencia or the Premier League I can accept him going to. A clear step up from here. What will infuriate me is when we wave him off to a Championship rival and then feel sorry for ourselves about the embargo and Shaw says that we need another couple of windows to get out of it. Boo hoo poor us meanwhile everyone else gets to spend a few million.

Was working at the stockport v chorley games on Saturday (cracking game by the way and a good 4k in attendance). Was sat next to John Filan and him who writes for the telegraph for Burnley. Filan was there watching a player from stockport, and if it's who I think it is, really quality player even at that level. Was also hoping to see rittenberg but he didn't get any action.

Didn't Modou Cham get loaned to Stockport a few weeks ago? Was Filan definitely looking at someone new and wasn't just there to see how Cham was getting along?

No it was a defender pal, at least I think it was, when he circled him on the team sheet and made some notes about him! Probably was there to watch him also though, he is a cracking little player Cham, full of pace and energy got a standing ovation off the Stockport crowd even at 3-1 down.

Archived