BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...because I called you out for making gratuitous comments that have nothing to do with him being a footballer? Then, you bait me with another gratuitous comment.

I thought this thread was about transfers.

What on earth are you on about?

• Backroom

Michu basically threw a strop when Laudrup left and told the club he wanted out. He then picked up some ankle injuries and had a loan spell at Napoli where he kept getting injured, only played 3 times and didn't score a goal.

He apparently wants to go back to Spain, as most of them do eventually, so would expect to see him back there shortly.

Way out of our league, with or without dodgy ankles. If anything we'll be looking at Championship castoffs or PL/Championship loans. I'd personally like to see some of our more promising youth players be given more of a chance instead, but despite Bowyer's background he hasn't shown any real willingness towards that solution before and probably won't start now.

Way out of our league, with or without dodgy ankles. If anything we'll be looking at Championship castoffs or PL/Championship loans. I'd personally like to see some of our more promising youth players be given more of a chance instead, but despite Bowyer's background he hasn't shown any real willingness towards that solution before and probably won't start now.

I'm not sure Michu is out of our league to be honest, heard he could be going to a 3rd tier Spanish side. If he is willing to play on a 3rd tier wage then surely he's worth a look, on trial at least.

I just don't possibly understand the 'loan to buy' concept.

Olsson is out of contract in the summer. No doubt whoever takes over will have a decision to make on whether to offer him a new one. If Derby want him in January they can pay for him. I can't understand why Rovers would allow him to leave on loan, forfeit a possible fee, and see him leave on a free transfer in the summer.

Why do clubs keep trying to loan our first team players?

We really need to start tying up our better assets to longer deals. Clearly we've learned nothing from Hoilett and King. I haven't checked all the facts, but I suspect we have quite a few players getting a bit too close to the ends of contracts, as I haven't seen many articles about renewals in the last two seasons.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/sheffield-wednesday-want-blackburns-jordan-6834886

I resent the sentence in there that says 'now Wednesday will complete a move for the striker'...will? Think we'd like some say in that. Though from the rest of the article I suspect it was just a slip.

Archived