BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elliott Bennett is a winger known to Lambert from his Norwich days and is currently on loan at Bristol city til January and Marvin Emnes who is never PL quality cant get a game at Swansea can be a right handful with pace to Burn and Kevin Foley who is a very experienced right back at this level currently in Denmark

Elliott Bennett is a winger known to Lambert from his Norwich days and is currently on loan at Bristol city til January and Marvin Emnes who is never PL quality cant get a game at Swansea can be a right handful with pace to Burn and Kevin Foley who is a very experienced right back at this level currently in Denmark

I've not seen Emnes for a while but whenever I've seen him play the centre half marking him has been wishing he was somewhere else. Big powerful guy who runs through people. Good call.

One name ... Tokelo Rantie. - Very pacy striker like Modou Barrow but he was omitted from the Bournemouth 25 man squad. Loan Until january 1st?

He was available, i think the same time we brought in Chris Brown. He is a very good player, although he is sometimes very light when it comes to challenges. He is quick though, and can play down the wing, and anywhere across midfield as well. However, he is a striker who plays well behind a target man

Lambert should have an awful lot of contacts in the game which we could benefit from. Obviously he'll know people at Villa and Norwich who could both have useful players available on loan. He's well connected in Germany from his playing days and hopefully he can dip into that market. I seem to remember him being on good terms with Jurgen Klopp and spending time observing Dortmund's training sessions.

As a Celtic legend he'll know plenty of people up there, as well as being in the Martin O'Neill camp.

I'd love to see us move for Patrick bamford on loan in Jan. Think he's at palace on loan currently but I've not noticed him getting many games.

I agree. Although I think he's a name that will be on the lips of a number of Championship clubs. Maybe our manager can sway him.

Lambert should have an awful lot of contacts in the game which we could benefit from. Obviously he'll know people at Villa and Norwich who could both have useful players available on loan. He's well connected in Germany from his playing days and hopefully he can dip into that market. I seem to remember him being on good terms with Jurgen Klopp and spending time observing Dortmund's training sessions.

As a Celtic legend he'll know plenty of people up there, as well as being in the Martin O'Neill camp.

Absolutely. I think he's been spending time with Guardiola too. Perhaps Alcantara & co. fancy a few months in England? ;)

Absolutely. I think he's been spending time with Guardiola too. Perhaps Alcantara & co. fancy a few months in England? ;)

I hear Messi is in need of some match fitness after a spell on the sidelines? :tu:

It is not immediately obvious what position he plays. Wikipedia says "midfielder". TransferMarkt says "Defensive Midfielder". If TM Is true that's a bit strange because we have loads of central midfielders.

However if Lambert knows he is quality then it is always worth getting quality.

Yes, shortly before Bowyer was sacked.

Some of the reports I've read since appear to be putting two and two together and making an association with Lambert, presumably as Thompson's parent club is Norwich.

Nothing to back this up, or suggest we're interested, it's just me thinking aloud, but it was reported in the papers recently that new Villa manager Remi Garde was after Charlie Austin to spearhead his attack.

If he doesn't fancy Gestede and we somehow come out of embargo, would there be any mileage in trying to get him back on loan? ,

Nothing to back this up, or suggest we're interested, it's just me thinking aloud, but it was reported in the papers recently that new Villa manager Remi Garde was after Charlie Austin to spearhead his attack.

If he doesn't fancy Gestede and we somehow come out of embargo, would there be any mileage in trying to get him back on loan? ,

Very much doubt that. Think he's their top goal scorer and I don't think he'd want to come back either.

I think LVG said today that Wilson is included tomorrow but not getting 90 minutes because of lack of match fitness.

How long is he going to keep saying that though? Some point that lad is going to need to play every week if he's going to progress.

• Backroom

If we need pace I would look at Josh Murphy at Norwich

Decent player and causes us problems every time the u21s play

Although it's possible I am confusing him with his twin brother Jacob

• Moderation Lead

I think LVG said today that Wilson is included tomorrow but not getting 90 minutes because of lack of match fitness.

Rooney is injured so I imagine Wilson will definitely be involved one way or another.

• Backroom

If we need pace I would look at Josh Murphy at Norwich

Decent player and causes us problems every time the u21s play

Although it's possible I am confusing him with his twin brother Jacob

Are you saying Kean's plan to play Martin and Markus may have worked?

Archived