BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

You were saying the same things about Gary Bowyer.

What you have to factor in is that Lambert has only been here just over a week.

If the loan window wasn't closing tomorrow I'm sure he'd take more time before bringing anyone in.

Add to that he still currently has to work with the existing scouting team at the club.

Finally, he's restricted in who he can bring in because we can't pay loan fees.

Bottom line is that Henry looks a decent player so what is the problem?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People said the same things about Souey. And Hughes. And Sam. It's rumoured that Dalglish had control over signings too...

Forgive me, JAL, but seem to be trying to trip posters up a few times in the last couple of days.

If not, I apologise for the assumption; please try to make your points clearly if you're trying to add to the debate as it's easy to read some of your posts as wind-ups. I'm sure that's not the case.

I think JAL has a suspicion that a certain agent is controlling the signings at Ewood and I am pretty sure I know the agent he is alluding to. This agent has had clients at Rovers and has advised on new signings in the past but I can categorically tell you that it was in the past and he has had very little involvement for some time now.

And that is straight from the horses mouth.

I hadn't realised that Conway was coming to the end of his contract. I think it is very important that we keep him here, and I think he is happy at the club so hopefully that deal will be done.

The situation with having so many players coming to the end of their contracts is a good one for Lambert to inherit. Most of those out of contract, apart from Olsson and Conway, are squad/bench players, so losing them will do minimal damage to our starting eleven, whilst also enabling him to bring in his own players to strengthen what I believe is a strong first eleven that we already have. Certainly better than Brown/Williamson/Petschi having 3 years left to run and the manager not being able to shift them out.

Kilgallon is a good option to have, and I would like us to offer him a new deal. He might turn it down as he wants to play whilst he still can at his age, although I understand he is based locally and he might be happy where he is.

I think we'll see one in one out before the loan window closes. It wouldn't surprise me to see O'Sullivan go to somewhere like Oldham now he is signed up for another season, and judging by the Henry deal yesterday the club will have a number of irons in the fire in terms of potential incomings.

Keep, Olsson, Conway & Taylor. The rest are free to talk to other clubs. Embargo lifting in Jan (hopefully) and Lambert can buy some quality to compliment what we have and keep the competition for a starting place high

It could worth a cheeky enquiry, the boy is needing some guidance out of the spotlight and some space to develop.

Having said that if he's wanting to make the England squad next summer he'll need to prove himself in the Prem. Either way its looking like Villa's not the place for him to be.

True, he wouldn't be in my squad anyway plus with the stubbornness of Woy at times to try new players unless he absolutely set the prem a light I really can't see him being in the squad, Definitely worth an enquiry. I would prioritise extending Lawrence's deal to the end of the season though.

Does Nixon have some contacts inside Ewood again now ?

Is it today that the loan window closes?

Nixon seems to take more of an interest when we have a Scottish manager, whether he's got a contact is another thing. He's got a vivid imagination, thats for sure.

O'Sullivan being let out on loan according to Nixon on Twitter,Rochdale or Barnsley

Dont see the point in giving a 22 year old a new contract, then putting him out on loan to be honest.

The lad needs to move on in my opinion, or he'll be 25 having made 50 senior career appearances.

Nixon seems to take more of an interest when we have a Scottish manager, whether he's got a contact is another thing. He's got a vivid imagination, thats for sure.

He broke Bowyer's sacking, and was vocal about Lambert getting the gig from the off, so it does appear that he has a strong contact inside the club again.

He broke Bowyer's sacking, and was vocal about Lambert getting the gig from the off, so it does appear that he has a strong contact inside the club again.

He knows Alan Irvine pretty well.

Get to some reserve games then [emoji6]

Big leap from 'under 21' games to the first team. Had the pleasure of taking in a few around the north west. Sadly I don't think the lad will cut it.

Nicko is as close to Lambert as you will find in the media. Not a good or a bad thing. Just well in with him.

Looks like two deals that were already in the pipeline before Paul Lambert came in imagine he didn't have much of a say but it raises the question sadly once again will he have a say in who comes in or just play nodding dog to the guys who control the players in and out.

Your the only one that needs to change the record fella

Archived