BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The deal taking Wilson to Brighton has been announced as being in place until the end of the season.

I don't understand how that can be allowed.

The emergency loan window stipulates a player can move for a maximum of 93 days, and not beyond the end of January.

Therefore the deal can't be until the end of the season. It has to be an initial deal until January with a view to extending it down the line. Announcing it as being until the end of the season at this stage cannot be correct under the emergency window.

Unless they're applying different rules because Man Utd are involved.

• Backroom

The deal taking Wilson to Brighton has been announced as being in place until the end of the season.

I don't understand how that can be allowed.

The emergency loan window stipulates a player can move for a maximum of 93 days, and not beyond the end of January.

Therefore the deal can't be until the end of the season. It has to be an initial deal until January with a view to extending it down the line. Announcing it as being until the end of the season at this stage cannot be correct under the emergency window.

Unless they're applying different rules because Man Utd are involved.

If United have told them it can be until the end of the season once January comes along (recall clause assumedly included) then I suppose they can announce it that way, even if the initial loan is only a month.

Would also explain why we weren't involved - until the end of season would probably include a fee.

He might have made the bench, but he hasn't played.

i know. In Swanson's post if said "...or even made the bench". I was just pointing out that Petshi had.

I'd love to see him given a chance though, seems to be at the heart of everything in the U21's

i know. In Swanson's post if said "...or even made the bench". I was just pointing out that Petshi had.

I'd love to see him given a chance though, seems to be at the heart of everything in the U21's

To be honest, without trying to sound biased, but we should have signed Dean Furman. He has played really well for South Africa. Not sure what happened in the trial, but he is a good player.

To be honest, without trying to sound biased, but we should have signed Dean Furman. He has played really well for South Africa. Not sure what happened in the trial, but he is a good player.

He impressed me when I saw him against Stanley. It wasn't just the goal either.

Supposed to be announced in 3rd week in December, which is difficult in itself as most clubs will already have deals lined up by then whilst we and Forest won't have had confirmation we can do business. So even if it is lifted we are on the back foot from the start.

Forest are very confident that theirs will be lifted. I expect they will lift both of ours and then nobody else will be embargoed as the QPR case renders the League impotent.

From Paul Wheelock

#rovers have announced they have had their Financial Fair Play embargo lifted. More to follow.

Blackburn Rovers confirm that following discussions with the Football League the club is now compliant with the rules and regulations on... ... Financial Fair Play. During the past 12 months, the board of directors and staff have worked hard to ensure that the necessary .... requirements have been put in place to satisfy the Football League. This has been achieved through a number of measures being....... undertaken, most notably, the owners agreeing and implementing a loan conversion agreement, effective cost efficiency savings and....... player sales, which were limited to reflect the needs of the team and football management...The owners and board of directors feel it prudent to proceed with restraint, in order to give the club the best possible environment to....... continue to be compliant in subsequent years, however all efforts will continue to be made to provide the manager, Paul Lambert, and...... football staff to work effectively and efficiently.

Well this thread just got a whole lot more interesting. Adios embargo

The ability to pay a loan fee opens up the potential for PL to use his vast connections widely now

Wonder what PL's relationship with Jack Grealish is like. I think he brought him into the 1st team at villa. Seems to be in the bad books at villa.

Maybe a change of scene and 6months with PL could benefit all parties

Archived