BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly unlikely on the Grealish front if you heard Lambert's interview at the weekend. Seems to be of the opinion, like Garde, that the lad's got a screw loose.

As some others have said, it's just nice to know that we can now compete for PL and European loans. Hopefully Lambert can use his connections with the likes of Bayern, Dortmund and Liverpool.

From listening to Lambert's comments and the Rovers statement we arent going to be spending millions.

Probably looking at PL loans and signing players who are going to not cost millions like players with 6 months left on their contacts or players out of favour at PL Clubs

What a relief. Finally I can start reading Gossip columns again. Wonder how much he will get to spend.

Paul Lambert will bring in quality players in January. A quick striker, and a quality Center mid is a must.

Throw in the name Scott Allan from Celtic.

The club are bound to be keeping expectation levels low when it comes the amounts available for new players.

It would be madness to sit here in early December and announce to the world that Lambert has a warchest and is desperate to sign new players. That way we'd be paying a premium straight away.

I'm fairly sure Lambert must have been promised a healthy and competitive kitty for this division.

As good as the loan market can be I wouldn't want us to rely on them too much. The sides like Bournemouth and Leicester developed squads over time by tying their assets down to permanent deals.

Interesting in Lambert's interview with Radio Lancs he talks about Venkys 'conversion of it' a few times. Not sure what this refers to exactly but it seems that some of the debt has been moved elsewhere or converted into something else and that is why the League have dropped the embargo.

• Backroom

The club are bound to be keeping expectation levels low when it comes the amounts available for new players.

It would be madness to sit here in early December and announce to the world that Lambert has a warchest and is desperate to sign new players. That way we'd be paying a premium straight away.

I'm fairly sure Lambert must have been promised a healthy and competitive kitty for this division.

As good as the loan market can be I wouldn't want us to rely on them too much. The sides like Bournemouth and Leicester developed squads over time by tying their assets down to permanent deals.

Loans are how Stoke got up and they've never looked back! Wasn't it 5 loaned players in their regular X1?

Go on Saxo lad, post, post until you can post no more!

Already?

Scott Allan is a great shout

North Ireland striker Josh Magennis or Kyle Lafferty

Aston Villa stiker Libor Kozak

Maybe Liverpool Right back Randell or Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed

I've agreed with you before about Reed Chadster. And by God I'm gonna do it again. He's a terrific little player. Got a nasty streak too. A spell in the championship would do wonders to everyone concerned.

Interesting in Lambert's interview with Radio Lancs he talks about Venkys 'conversion of it' a few times. Not sure what this refers to exactly but it seems that some of the debt has been moved elsewhere or converted into something else and that is why the League have dropped the embargo.

Hard to understand the detail but whatever it was that removed this embargo was put on the table to bring in PL and his team. Couple of months back I was looking at Accy Stanley (no disrespect) coming to Ewood next season but the messages coming out now suggest we are turning a corner.

Good to read players names from top clubs are now in the minds of many. Don't think a massive change will come all at once but it would be fantastic to see quality injected into what we have and PL in the papers for bringing Rovers a step nearer to what we once had.

Scott Allan is a great shout

North Ireland striker Josh Magennis or Kyle Lafferty

Aston Villa stiker Libor Kozak

Maybe Liverpool Right back Randell or Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed

Kozak was one of Lamberts first signings if I remember right, back when he first arrived at Villa.. I know he does not have a fantastic injury record but isn't Vlaar (signed at same time as Kozak) without a club at the moment?

Was nice to hear the interview with Lamert saying he has identified the weaknesses and is drawing up his list :)

Kozak was one of Lamberts first signings if I remember right, back when he first arrived at Villa.. I know he does not have a fantastic injury record but isn't Vlaar (signed at same time as Kozak) without a club at the moment?

Was nice to hear the interview with Lamert saying he has identified the weaknesses and is drawing up his list :)

Lambert says that he has already identified where Rovers squad is strong and weak. In this week BBC lancs interview

I wouldnt want us spending millions , i dont think thats the correct business model , i would prefer us to buy cheap young talented players , develop them and sell on for massive profit

Going back to the Q&A evening a few weeks ago. The question was asked. - what would we be able to spend if the embargo was lifted? Derek Shaw indicated that we wouldn't spend big anymore but would consider paying £2million for players that are young with potential.

what is not clear is where we are wage structure wise.

I wouldnt want us spending millions , i dont think thats the correct business model , i would prefer us to buy cheap young talented players , develop them and sell on for massive profit

Who wouldn't? But sustaining that for a longer period of time while competing for a Premier League spot is, in my opinion, utopia.

I've agreed with you before about Reed Chadster. And by God I'm gonna do it again. He's a terrific little player. Got a nasty streak too. A spell in the championship would do wonders to everyone concerned.

Can't find a wiki for him, who does he play for? Who's his agent?

I mentioned Tommy Rogic for as a loan option at the start of the season, young Aussie midfielder who was on the outer at Celtic. He has really kicked on this season so I can't see him leaving them at the minute.

Another aussie who I would love to see come to Rovers is Aaron Mooy. Currently plays for Melbourne City and has played for the Socceroos in their last few outings. He is an attacking midfielder with a great engine and has a high success rate in both scoring and assists. We are probably looking for more of a midfield general at the moment in addition to a striker and right back but this kid would be a great addition that would fit in with PL's pressing style.

I think it's been mentioned here previously but Steve Sidwell would be the general i'd like to see us sign. Seems to be on the fringes at Stoke and appears to want more game time. At 32 i think this would be a good move for all parties involved provided the wages are reasonable.

Archived