BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

I mentioned Tommy Rogic for as a loan option at the start of the season, young Aussie midfielder who was on the outer at Celtic. He has really kicked on this season so I can't see him leaving them at the minute.

Another aussie who I would love to see come to Rovers is Aaron Mooy. Currently plays for Melbourne City and has played for the Socceroos in their last few outings. He is an attacking midfielder with a great engine and has a high success rate in both scoring and assists. We are probably looking for more of a midfield general at the moment in addition to a striker and right back but this kid would be a great addition that would fit in with PL's pressing style.

I think it's been mentioned here previously but Steve Sidwell would be the general i'd like to see us sign. Seems to be on the fringes at Stoke and appears to want more game time. At 32 i think this would be a good move for all parties involved provided the wages are reasonable.

BrisRover,

I'd have Aaron Mooy in a heartbeat, he's playing some fantastic football, setting up goals and scoring himself. However, he's destined for greater things than the Rovers.

The other person I'd have is Beshert Berisha. A complete pain in the rear for defenders and opposition fans. Defends from the front by putting pressure on defenders trying to play the ball out. I reckon he'd be the perfect foil for Rhodes. Has plenty of goals in him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From listening to Lambert's comments and the Rovers statement we arent going to be spending millions.

Probably looking at PL loans and signing players who are going to not cost millions like players with 6 months left on their contacts or players out of favour at PL Clubs

But Chris, thats exactly what Lambert said. I dont think you still need to read between the lines. :P

I've agreed with you before about Reed Chadster. And by God I'm gonna do it again. He's a terrific little player. Got a nasty streak too. A spell in the championship would do wonders to everyone concerned.

who is Reed Chadster? :D

edit: see Stuart also asked this hahaha

I think a Lawrence deal is key. Even if we can't sign him on a permanent basis, the least we have to do is keep him until the end of the season.

The lifting of the embargo is a God send. I'm not expecting us to flash the cash, and if anything, I don't want us to go mad and end up back to square one. I do think that it will help us to tempt some Premier League quality on loan, i.e the likes of Lawrence.

I have a lot of trust in the manager for the upcoming window.

Ideally we would sign a right back, another centre midfielder (perhaps more attack minded?) and a striker. I'll trust Lambert's better judgement though.

Being out of the embargo will hopefully eek an extra 5% out of the current players - they can now be replaced and have to earn their place in the team even more. January will be an interesting month - if we really hit the ground running in December and the play offs look possible, will Venky's back Lambert even more than planned? It's a big 'if' given we are still some way off, but 4 or 5 wins in December could really make things interesting.

Here we go... A key player in a Boro side that's going up this year. Why would anyone but Rovers be keen on that deal?

Never underestimate the power and influence of a good manager. Did we ever think Savage would leave Brum to come Ewood under Hughes? did we ever think Bellamy would leave Newcastle to come Ewood under Hughes? Did we ever think we would get a regular champions league player and score like Benny Mac under Hughes? Did Bolton think they would ever get a handful of champions league winners under Big Sam?

Apologies if already suggested; Sam Byram is out of a contract this season (according to FLS) and he would be the perfect strengthening for RB as he can play both sides, has plenty of experience at 22 and likely would cost sub 2 million as he would walk for free next July.

Before I get banned /warned for asking Chaddy a question , it's a genuine question .

You have stated that since the embargo we need 5 players . You also state you don't want us spending millions .

How realistic is this ?

I don't see how it is .

I think the way forward this window is loan signings with a small fee.

Buying anyone now is pointless and expensive.

Perhaps keeping Lawrence would be a good move and adding something new to the wings...

Defensively I cannot see what we need, midfield could do with a bit of quality in the centre and someone has to come in to help score goals.

We will climb this table and push on if we can get a few more goals.

Before I get banned /warned for asking Chaddy a question , it's a genuine question .

You have stated that since the embargo we need 5 players . You also state you don't want us spending millions .

How realistic is this ?

I don't see how it is .

I don't remember Chaddy wanting 5 players when GB was Manager!

What sort of job did Bowyer really do when he signed 26 players in 2 and a half years and we apparently need 5 more immediately?

Archived