BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

A 5 ft. 2 inch magician.

10 minutes which should be compulsory viewing. I think he's skinning Keith at about 7.05 min:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6-pf5Fhtk

How much would Johnstone be worth today.

There's a 9 minute film of the game I referred to on YouTube..

Look up Scotland v England. Home internationals 1966. Johnstone makes Keith look like a real novice. The referees have certainly improved since then. There's four penalties in that game, none given. The one were the Scot's centre half takes the lace out out of the ball is a joke. The ref and linesman must be the only people in the ground not to see it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with this. Living in Scotland, Celtic and Rangers supporters tend to have the arrogance of Man U and Chelsea supporters and their numbers are swelled by Glory Hunters who can use the Religious factor to latch on.

Im no fan, but Celtic in the Premiership with money to burn would find it easy to attract bigger name players and with 60,000 home gates. I'm afraid after a few years with a decent manager they would become a force to be reckoned with.

It would be a decent away day as well.

Anybody who doesn't recognise both sides of the Old Firm as massive clubs wants to give their head a wobble. Having lived in Glasgow for 20 years I also agree about the arrogance of their fans. I think Rangers fans have become more realistic in recent times, for obvious reasons. If they played in the premier league they would both be challenging regularly for the title within ten years. I seem to recall a Rangers fan telling me that they had more supporters clubs worldwide than any other club in the world (don't know how true that is). Unfortunately both clubs' supporters are stuck in a 1972 time warp.

Don't know how we've got on to Celtic and Rangers. If Scotland wants independence then of course they're entitled to it but I'm not then having them dropping into our leagues putting clubs like our in a even more difficult decision.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that the Old Firm should play in England Neal, all that was in the context of a couple of posters suggesting that Celtic was not a big club. It most certainly is. Massive, in fact.

As for Scottish independence. Nailed on.

A 5 ft. 2 inch magician.

10 minutes which should be compulsory viewing. I think he's skinning Keith at about 7.05 min:

How much would Johnstone be worth today.

Can only go off old footage, but he's very similar to our own magician/legend Brian Douglas.

And how much would HE be worth today!

Cant see one on you tube, but a Brian Douglas compilation would be excellent.

Real Madrid fans still talk about Jimmy Johnstone apparently. He tore them to shreds in Di Stefano's testimonial in the year they won the European Cup. Think he finished 3rd that year in the World Player of the Year standings.

Yeah, it pains me to say it but he was like Bryan Douglas only faster. Jimmy Johnstone was unstoppable on his day. His only weakness was that unusually for a right footed player he was very one footed.

This is great news. Probably our most consistent performer over the last 2 or 3 seasons. Always gives 100% and his assist rate is phenominal. Sounds like the lad is happy here and enjoys living in Buckshaw too which is a bonus. Very pleased.

This is great news. Probably our most consistent performer over the last 2 or 3 seasons. Always gives 100% and his assist rate is phenominal. Sounds like the lad is happy here and enjoys living in Buckshaw too which is a bonus. Very pleased.

hopefully he signs within 24 hours... ;)

Just kidding, I really hope it gets sorted quickly. Good players who want to be here should be a priorty

One still heads up there from Blackburn/Darwen/Accy.

East Lancs Rangers supporters club was run from Blackburn for years, chap used to follow Rovers also in late 60's and 70's but originated from Glasgow.

I went with them to Celtic/Rangers in 87ish, what an eye opener that was, on another level both support wise and outside the ground, hostile, scary Tbh.

East Lancs Rangers supporters club was run from Blackburn for years, chap used to follow Rovers also in late 60's and 70's but originated from Glasgow.

I went with them to Celtic/Rangers in 87ish, what an eye opener that was, on another level both support wise and outside the ground, hostile, scary Tbh.

Met some Blackburn lads a few years ago who'd come up for a Rangers game. Don't know how regular though.

Every football fan should get to at least one Old Firm game. A seething cauldron of hate. The game is a distraction!

Met some Blackburn lads a few years ago who'd come up for a Rangers game. Don't know how regular though.

Every football fan should get to at least one Old Firm game. A seething cauldron of hate. The game is a distraction!

A bit like the dingle dome then

Archived