BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthony Pilkington,a Blackburn boy and Rovers Supporter, now with Cardiff.

Signed by Paul Lambert when Manager of Norwich,from Huddersfield Town in 2011.

Also played with Jordan Rhodes before.

We've got a decent record with ex-Cardiff players, too.

When PL went to Norwich in 2009 he brought in Russell Martin on loan from Peterborough and Antony Mcnamee on loan from Swindon and then signed them both in January.

Also signed 2 more fellow League 1 players that January.

So I guess we're looking at good attitude, high workrate players from fellow Championship clubs coming in January.

Yeah, Jim Fryatt was in the Gestede league as a header of the ball but the same story - No pace and not a great first touch either. They can fight it out over who was the best, both of them were really good in the air. Pickering and Sutton and Santa Cruz were good headers of the ball also.

Except Fryatt only got 4-5 goals for us.

Anybody fancy Rajiv La Parra? Extremely pacy and tricky winger. Currently out of favour at Wolves. They've loaned him out to Brighton until January. And, I don't think Brighton will fancy signing him setting as they're most probably going to get promoted. He's exactly the type of player we need. Has great dribbling skills and reminded me of hoilett watching him play. Will cost peanuts as well. And I also wouldn't mind if we could tempt hoilett back in some way. Has 6 months left in his contract and qpr are desperate to get rid.

Anthony Pilkington,a Blackburn boy and Rovers Supporter, now with Cardiff.Signed by Paul Lambert when Manager of Norwich,from Huddersfield Town in 2011.Also played with Jordan Rhodes before.

I can see that happening. championship is a crazy league when it comes to players jumping ship from other teams. Would be tricky to pull it off given Cardiff are challenging for the playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a move for Wes Hoolahan from Norwich either in Jan or the summer. Lambert tried to get him at Villa and is absolutely perfect for the Championship. Not sure how regularly he has been playing for Norwich in the prem but I know they were happy to move Bradley Johnson on to Derby who was their captain last season if I remember correctly.

• Moderation Lead

I can see that happening. championship is a crazy league when it comes to players jumping ship from other teams. Would be tricky to pull it off given Cardiff are challenging for the playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a move for Wes Hoolahan from Norwich either in Jan or the summer. Lambert tried to get him at Villa and is absolutely perfect for the Championship. Not sure how regularly he has been playing for Norwich in the prem but I know they were happy to move Bradley Johnson on to Derby who was their captain last season if I remember correctly.

A few have mentioned Hoolahan, and whilst I agree it would be a cracking signing, he's been playing every week for Norwich.

Agbonlahor [sp.?] apparently out of favour with Remi Garde at Villa, not in team and not happy - maybe an ideal loan approach in January. Pace may have dropped from his prime but plenty quick enough in thought and deed for the championship and Lambert might be a draw for him to come here.

Dont recall him being too injury prone for a 'speed-merchant' might be worth a cheeky offer?

Anthony Pilkington,a Blackburn Darwen boy and Rovers Supporter, now with Cardiff.

Signed by Paul Lambert when Manager of Norwich,from Huddersfield Town in 2011.

Also played with Jordan Rhodes before.

He might have been born in Blackburn but only because Bull Hill closed years ago.

Good spot with the PL connection though mhead.

Anybody fancy Rajiv La Parra? Extremely pacy and tricky winger. Currently out of favour at Wolves. They've loaned him out to Brighton until January. And, I don't think Brighton will fancy signing him setting as they're most probably going to get promoted. He's exactly the type of player we need. Has great dribbling skills and reminded me of hoilett watching him play. Will cost peanuts as well. And I also wouldn't mind if we could tempt hoilett back in some way. Has 6 months left in his contract and qpr are desperate to get rid.

La Parra has 2 in 2 games for Brighton... He carries on with that form they will definitely be signing him.

Agbonlahor [sp.?] apparently out of favour with Remi Garde at Villa, not in team and not happy - maybe an ideal loan approach in January. Pace may have dropped from his prime but plenty quick enough in thought and deed for the championship and Lambert might be a draw for him to come here.

Dont recall him being too injury prone for a 'speed-merchant' might be worth a cheeky offer?

Agbonlahor is a great shout. He would be ideal foil for Rhodes.

Archived