Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Tenner says he learned that from watching Game of Thrones. :P

Basic Yr5 stuff :P

If it can be counted (coins or watts) use 'fewer'. If it can't or it's more 'concept' (money or electricity), use 'less'.

Although it is indeed a huge reason I stood firm behind the one true King of Westeros.

. I seem to recall a Rangers fan telling me that they had more supporters clubs worldwide than any other club in the world (don't know how true that is)..

Wiki states that both clubs have in excess of 160 supporters clubs worldwide.

However, whilst Rangers have an estimated 5 million fans worldwide, Celtic's is estimated at 9 million.

I went up to Celtic Park in 1990 for an Old Firm game and as GAV says, it's a superb experience. We queued up to get in a pub (five out, five in) and along the street there was a line of (Celtic) coaches as far as the eye could see. Just about every town and City in England was represented. I have been up to Celtic around 50 times, mainly in the 80s, only missing a Rovers game once when I managed to get tickets for the Old Firm game above, courtesy of Darwen Celtic Supporters Club.

Wiki states that both clubs have in excess of 160 supporters clubs worldwide.

However, whilst Rangers have an estimated 5 million fans worldwide, Celtic's is estimated at 9 million.

I went up to Celtic Park in 1990 for an Old Firm game and as GAV says, it's a superb experience. We queued up to get in a pub (five out, five in) and along the street there was a line of (Celtic) coaches as far as the eye could see. Just about every town and City in England was represented. I have been up to Celtic around 50 times, mainly in the 80s, only missing a Rovers game once when I managed to get tickets for the Old Firm game above, courtesy of Darwen Celtic Supporters Club.

Celtic Park has changed a bit since then. Their supporters haven't though. They still carry a massive chip on their shoulders for some reason. Despite living in Glasgow I avoid all things Old Firm wherever possible. It is poisonous and bigoted bile, on both sides of the divide. It has cost the lives of far too many people, sadly.

Good win tonight though, not too bothered about the performance, lovely three points. Lets have three more on Monday lads!!

I've been to Ibrox a few times but not for an Old Firm game. I was also working in Central Manchester when around 150,000 Rangers fans invaded for the UEFA cup final. There were lots of Northern Irish accents in the city that day and you will see plenty of coaches outside Ibrox from Belfast, Carrickfergus, Bangor and the like.

Celtic do have a larger world wide support as they benefit from the global Irish diaspora. They do try to distance themselves from the Republican element of their support but they don't want alienate their 'Oirish' fan base. It's a dichotomy they struggle to extricate themselves from.

Anyway, who is ex Celt Lambert going to sign? Troublesome Stokes out of favour at Celtic? Lee Wallace at Rangers might resolve our left back issues.

David goodwillie? :o

I don't think he's getting a game at Aberdeen at the moment. He's being kept out by Niall McGinn (released by Celtic) and ex Yeovil, Chesterfield, Bury and Swindon forward Adam Rooney.

Yes, I know you're joking.

A better bet could be speedy striker Michael O'Halleron at St Johnstone or maybe midfielder John McGinn at Hibs. It's been a while since a signing from Scotland came off though. McArthur and McCarthy probably the last?

I don't think he's getting a game at Aberdeen at the moment. He's being kept out by Niall McGinn (released by Celtic) and ex Yeovil, Chesterfield, Bury and Swindon forward Adam Rooney.

Yes, I know you're joking.

A better bet could be speedy striker Michael O'Halleron at St Johnstone or maybe midfielder John McGinn at Hibs. It's been a while since a signing from Scotland came off though. McArthur and McCarthy probably the last?

Rovers have a tradition of having good Scots players in their ranks. With already having Conway and Hanley though, maybe were full up in that department for now.

I think we need an outstanding attacking midfielder and a physical, preferably imposing and quick forward most pressingly.

Wonder if we could look at a loan deal for Rickie Lambert. He's not getting much game time at West Brom but I would imagine they would still be reluctant to let him go out on loan.

That would be an inspired signing for the Championship. *Doffs cap to Ricky*

Lambert would be the 'Hughes' of this side

On another note I did hear that Lambert hasn't given any indication to the board yet of who he would like. Though obviously you are never entirely sure whether people are being entirely truthful!

Archived