BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

He was given chances and rarely took them. Occasionally he was brilliant but often he'd be invisible. Not to mention hardly ever fit. Surprised a prem club went for him and he hadn't been doing much until yesterday to be honest.

Which would be fair enough if Bowyer didn't give other underperformers the benefit of the doubt.

King only ever performed in fits and starts, through a combination of injury-proneness and an overcautious manager.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep he sure is the goods. At the age of 25 if he wanted to test himself overseas again it should be sooner rather than later.

In regards to a striker how about Peter Odemwingie? Contract due to expire in July next year and not getting that much game time at Stoke. Has pace and experience. Providing his wages are reasonable maybe Hughes could do us a favor.

Yep he sure is the goods. At the age of 25 if he wanted to test himself overseas again it should be sooner rather than later.

In regards to a striker how about Peter Odemwingie? Contract due to expire in July next year and not getting that much game time at Stoke. Has pace and experience. Providing his wages are reasonable maybe Hughes could do us a favor.

I don't doubt his ability but I'm not sure about his attitude. If we're trying to change the mentality of the squad at Ewood any incoming players will have to have the right attitude.

• Backroom

Shearer on MOTD2 basically said what we all know about Gestede in that apart from scoring headers from set pieces he does little else. I wonder if PL would have played him?

He's a perfect Paul Lambert player I think

• Backroom

Gestede is simply not a PL calibre player. He looks lost. I know there was a lot of complaining that we 'only' got £6m for him, but in hindsight we probably did pretty well getting that much for a player whose only real attribute is heading.

Gestede is simply not a PL calibre player. He looks lost. I know there was a lot of complaining that we 'only' got £6m for him, but in hindsight we probably did pretty well getting that much for a player whose only real attribute is heading.

He had a good 12 months plus..

Shearer on MOTD2 basically said what we all know about Gestede in that apart from scoring headers from set pieces he does little else. I wonder if PL would have played him?

He's just stating the obvious. Gestede was never a Premier League starting player, even at somewhere like Villa. He's ok if you're a goal or two down with 20 minutes to go and you want to bring him on for some ale house football.

I disagree, Gestede is a Premier League quality player. He has to be in the right team though, one that is suited to what he does greatly. We all know the lad will tuck away chance after chance so long that the chances are headers. If you want someone to feed off through balls and occasional cutbacks - then he just isn't your man.

I disagree, Gestede is a Premier League quality player. He has to be in the right team though, one that is suited to what he does greatly. We all know the lad will tuck away chance after chance so long that the chances are headers. If you want someone to feed off through balls and occasional cutbacks - then he just isn't your man.

He's too one dimensional. He lacks pace which is essential at top level if you're playing up front. In the Premier League you need to be either quick on your feet or quick between your ears, he's neither of those. His first touch isn't the greatest either. Probably the best header of a ball I've seen at Ewood over the years but once you've said that you've said all there is to say.

I still disagree but I know what you mean about pace - it certainly helps. I just think that Rudy is more than capable of matching the goals return of players such as Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt and further back in the day, Dion Dublin...providing the team has a style that suits.

I was reading one of the secret footballers books in the summer and he said that crossing is a last resort in top flight football as it is an opportunity to surrender possession. Thank God that wasn't the case in 1995.

I still disagree but I know what you mean about pace - it certainly helps. I just think that Rudy is more than capable of matching the goals return of players such as Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt and further back in the day, Dion Dublin...providing the team has a style that suits.

I was reading one of the secret footballers books in the summer and he said that crossing is a last resort in top flight football as it is an opportunity to surrender possession. Thank God that wasn't the case in 1995.

I take the point about crossing. But sometimes it depends who's doing the crossing and who's on the end of the cross.

He's too one dimensional. He lacks pace which is essential at top level if you're playing up front. In the Premier League you need to be either quick on your feet or quick between your ears, he's neither of those. His first touch isn't the greatest either. Probably the best header of a ball I've seen at Ewood over the years but once you've said that you've said all there is to say.

Jim Fryatt was a great, superb header of a ball, but as for the rest of his game, oh dear. I guess what I am trying to say is that all round ability is very important.

Villa should be crossing the ball more and play Ayew up front with him. He has pace and can run on to his ball from his flick ons

Jim Fryatt was a great, superb header of a ball, but as for the rest of his game, oh dear. I guess what I am trying to say is that all round ability is very important.

Yeah, Jim Fryatt was in the Gestede league as a header of the ball but the same story - No pace and not a great first touch either. They can fight it out over who was the best, both of them were really good in the air. Pickering and Sutton and Santa Cruz were good headers of the ball also.

Villa should be crossing the ball more and play Ayew up front with him. He has pace and can run on to his ball from his flick ons

Can you afford to play two up front when you're getting dicked in midfield and you're at the bottom of the league. We had a similar problem.

I would love Scott Sinclair, he showed flashes of brilliance last night

Dwight gale

Scott Sinclair

Marvin Emnes

Will Buckley

Thierry Ambrose

I would love to see one or two of them brought it lol highly unlikely but we can dream again

I like all the first three, Buckley ? Mm blow's a bit hot and cold. Ambrose I know nothing about.

Can you afford to play two up front when you're getting dicked in midfield and you're at the bottom of the league. We had a similar problem.

I like all the first three, Buckley ? Mm blow's a bit hot and cold. Ambrose I know nothing about.

Buckley need a change in his career , he can be a very decent player for a side like us, Ambrose is a young striker for man city only 18 but has pace and would be a risky loan but he has a lot of potential

Archived