BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

I'm not saying it's what I would do but I wouldn't be shocked to see Brown start ahead of Rhodes some games with Lawrence behind

For me Rhodes isn't the style of striker Lambert builds a team around but his phenomenal strike rate can't be ignored

That should never ever ever ever ever ever happen.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you know that Koita has been "found out" by Lambert how exactly??

Lawrence has also been benched too...does that support your theory in any way ?

Two words.... Chris Brown.

Lawrence started on the bench once after coming back from an injury. Forget Koita, he is a goner.

Out of our current batch of first team strikers I think Koita has the best potential to challenge/support Rhodes, but his general fitness looks more dodgy by the day. Optimally I'd like for someone like Anton Forrester to step up as a third choice striker, it would certainly be more financially viable than paying senior wages to someone who's expected to play only about one third of the games in a season.

Bolton needs 600k to keep the taxman happy. Max Clayton is their best player, a number 10/striker. Time for us to start being the vultures.

Saying that, he looks like he might have a bad injury.

"His hold up play in getting us up the pitch when they were going route one was excellent. Goalscoring is every striker's mantra, but there's also that side of it that can go un-noticed by a lot of people."

So true.

"His hold up play in getting us up the pitch when they were going route one was excellent. Goalscoring is every striker's mantra, but there's also that side of it that can go un-noticed by a lot of people."

So true.

Thought Brown was good when he came on.

We really need a quick forward though as him and Rhodes will both allow opposition teams to play a very high line against us.

Pleased to see Delfounso and Williamson not getting on the pitch - if a player is just not good enough it seems Lambert is willing to shut them out, and doesn't feel the need to keep them happy.

Although that may be different when he has brought the player in.

Wilson from United would be a great addition. He has pace and guile and can finish. He's not getting any playing time at Old Trafford and might be available.

Both Delfouneso and Williamson contracts expiring so I they may leave in january.

Can also see Lowe being shipped out once fit. I think Koita is on a fitness programme as Lambert has seen his not ready.

Can't see Lowe going unless we receive a decent bid. Good pro, keeps his head down and can slot in at right-back. I think Lambert will keep him around as a squad player.

Bolton needs 600k to keep the taxman happy. Max Clayton is their best player, a number 10/striker. Time for us to start being the vultures.

Saying that, he looks like he might have a bad injury.

He's out for 4 months minimum with a ruptured hammy.

Ronaldinho is now a free agent at the age of 34/5 after having a few good years in brazil http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ronaldinho-i-was-about-join-manchester-united-how-i-lobbed-david-seaman-i-was-good-messi#:VrLOBAfOO35STAcould be great to get him in for a few months or so to add some real inspiration to the squad and get more bums on seats even if its just in the odd game or sub appearances as long as wage demands aren't silly(a pay as you play+ bonuses deal would be the most sensble though deal) and Lamberts is the one to ok the signing.

• Moderation Lead

Yep, proof you can judge a player off one game eh KHod?!!

Not really, but you don't need my permission to believe what you want! Thanks for the consideration though ;-)

He's scored two goals for us, so he's far from the worst player I've ever seen. I think the last 5 and a half years have taught people to be far too impatient and write players off so quickly, you aren't the only one that's guilty of that.

Archived