BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Mile Jedinak be out of our budget? He's barely featured with how McArthur and Cabaye are playing. Dont know if he's injured though. Always rated him.

Fair shout. Experience and leadership at this level.

Apologies if already suggested; Sam Byram is out of a contract this season (according to FLS) and he would be the perfect strengthening for RB as he can play both sides, has plenty of experience at 22 and likely would cost sub 2 million as he would walk for free next July.

My exact thoughts when I heard rejected a contract renewal... Leeds fans have been snagging him this season saying he massively regressed this season. The sort of player we should be looking at though.

I don't remember Chaddy wanting 5 players when GB was Manager!

What sort of job did Bowyer really do when he signed 26 players in 2 and a half years and we apparently need 5 more immediately?

I'm sure he will answer for himself but it maybe wasn't realistic under Bowyer. That could be for various reasons. With Bowyer being to blame as well.

Yes the embargo isn't an excuse as PL himself has said, however it did affect the type of players Bowyer could bring in. Some definitely weren't good enough and not many people could see why we got them (Delf springs to mind).

Now promotion is a more realistic prospect then I would agree that if we want to achieve that aim then we should be bringing in more quality players. Especially for the bench where I don't think we necessarily need to spend big.

A lot of people agree we need a quality right back, a striker with pace, possibly a creative midfielder and then there is the potential need for back up on the wings. This is the ideal scenario if we want promotion. If we get a couple of loans, which we wouldn't have been able to get in the embargo due to fees and some nearing the end of contracts then it should be pretty realistic.

My exact thoughts when I heard rejected a contract renewal... Leeds fans have been snagging him this season saying he massively regressed this season. The sort of player we should be looking at though.

Maybe he's a young player who needs a change of club then? Not unlike a certain Scott Sellars a few years back.

Before I get banned /warned for asking Chaddy a question , it's a genuine question .

You have stated that since the embargo we need 5 players . You also state you don't want us spending millions .

How realistic is this ?

I don't see how it is .

Firstly, thanks for question. I never said 5 players but I think we need right back, centre midfielder and Striker with pace in January.

We cant spend millions like 8 millions pounds like Burnley did with Gray but I can see us spending 1 or 2 millions pounds on players. Plus we can bring in players on loan from PL clubs.

Plus we dont to be back in this embargo again

Firstly, thanks for question. I never said 5 players but I think we need right back, centre midfielder and Striker with pace in January.

We cant spend millions like 8 millions pounds like Burnley did with Gray but I can see us spending 1 or 2 millions pounds on players. Plus we can bring in players on loan from PL clubs.

Plus we dont to be back in this embargo again

You did say 5 though on the Bristol thread I think it was . And 2 million is millions .

The only way the loons get money back is by spending .

Don't get why we can't spend millions if Venkys want to.

It's barely 6 months since Middlesbrough put £12 million on the table for Rhodes.

Their income is lower than ours yet that didn't stop Gibson getting his chequebook out.

Leeds had a good spend in the summer once their embargo was lifted. Five million on Wood and Dallas.

Don't get why we can't spend millions if Venkys want to.

It's barely 6 months since Middlesbrough put £12 million on the table for Rhodes.

Their income is lower than ours yet that didn't stop Gibson getting his chequebook out.

Leeds had a good spend in the summer once their embargo was lifted. Five million on Wood and Dallas.

Exactly. FFP is dead. No-one is really constrained by it under the new rules, Boro being the best example (downing on 70k a week).

That said, I can't see us splashing millions. Happy enough to be able to at least bring in loans with a fee attached.

To be honest, we really need another quality striker. I would say that is the most pressing area, esp if Rhodes gets injured or suspended. We have enough cover in defence imo, maybe a LB, as I don't think Spurr is the answer if Olsson gets injured. A striker for me is vitally important, esp one that scores goals at this level.

Is Gayle playing, or where is he?

Never underestimate the power and influence of a good manager. Did we ever think Savage would leave Brum to come Ewood under Hughes? did we ever think Bellamy would leave Newcastle to come Ewood under Hughes? Did we ever think we would get a regular champions league player and score like Benny Mac under Hughes? Did Bolton think they would ever get a handful of champions league winners under Big Sam?

Don't think Savage leaving Birmingham was that big a coup, we were near the bottom of the table at the time yes, but we offered good money for him plus he obviously had a lot of admiration for Sparky, I believe he forced through the move himself. Bellamy had just had a loan at Celtic before we bought him, Newcastle did not want him and there wasn't a huge queue of premier league clubs looking to take him, what a player he was though.

You did say 5 though on the Bristol thread I think it was . And 2 million is millions .

The only way the loons get money back is by spending .

Did I?

I feel we need at least 3 in January. Ive suggestion some possible signings and the type of players we need.

Abbey, what do you think of the players Ive suggestion in the last 3 days

Not sure why some are so keen on keeping Lawrence, he's done OK but nothing more and his finishing is abysmal. Would rather have a proper striker alongside Rhodes myself.

Agree with this, he's a trier and worker and good prospect and I'd like him stay but wouldn't want all our eggs in that basket in terms of what little finance there may be. He's very raw and at times it's very wasteful on the pitch so if there is a slim chance for the first time in years of some experience and quality being able to be got I'd look there first. A 10 goal a season guy would be a big improvement on what we have, or haven't got. Even if he's used from the bench.

How about trying to get Barrow back on loan from Swansea? Never given a chance under Bowyer. Pace to burn.

Definitely try to keep Lawrence for the season.

Need players that can come straight into the first team.

Didn't see much in Barrow apart from a bit of pace, another raw lightweight who struggled with the cut and thrust of this league. Didn't look like he relished being here either imo.

I've suggested Marvin Emnes recently , think he'd be a cracking loan signing for us offers pace and movement that our side currently lacks ,others have suggested Joe Garner and i've always been scepticle however having seen him first hand the other week i can see he could be a good option , he's a spikey little @#/? , he got a bit of the Paul Dickov about him , he might never get 20 goals a season at this level and might not have the pace we desperately need but i could see him being a good foil for Rhodes

Not sure why some are so keen on keeping Lawrence, he's done OK but nothing more and his finishing is abysmal. Would rather have a proper striker alongside Rhodes myself.

No need to buy Lawrence just extend his loan. We need players who can run at defences and this lad can. He is quick and will close the defence down. Needs to work on end product but if he didn't,he would be playing for a better side than us.

May also be available in summer for a reasonable fee (sure Leicester paid £1 mil)

No need to buy Lawrence just extend his loan. We need players who can run at defences and this lad can. He is quick and will close the defence down. Needs to work on end product but if he didn't,he would be playing for a better side than us.

May also be available in summer for a reasonable fee (sure Leicester paid £1 mil)

He still has 3 years on his leicester deal and is only 21. Don't think he would be cheap

Bare in mind he has hardly featured for Leicester. The fee won't be huge but there would no doubt be a big percentage sell on clause.

Hope we can get him - looks a proper player.

Hopefully, like Marshall, he still has roots in the North West from his united days which will add to our appeal

Agreed. I have no idea why there is such a love in with him. Might be like when we signed Bentley though and he went from bang average to superstar.

Archived