BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

His family live on Jack's Key at the top end of Darren. I play golf sometimes with his uncle, apparently he's on stupid money at Cardiff.

Yeah they are a very sporty family the Pilkingtons. Good swimmers if I remember correctly. His dad, Neil, was in my class at school, a lovely lad and not a bad player himself. I think his mum was in the year below us. Funnily enough I met Neil outside the Darwen End when Norwich played at Ewood a few years back (we won 2-0 I think) and he told me Anthony would get a kicking if he scored that day. I think he only made an appearance as a late substitute. You could tell he enjoyed scoring against Bolton recently!! Don't think we would match his wages at the moment tbh. By all accounts his brother Danny was the more talented of the two - but Anthony worked harder to get to where he is.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on Facebook has said kenywne Jones is a real target for us, says he doesn't bullshit lie, he has been right on a few to be fair ..His uncle works for the club and Contact has been made for Jones and he's coming to end of his contract, wages may be stumbling block

Interestingly, Jones didn't really celebrate his goals the other night, including a last gasp winner!?

Someone on Facebook has said kenywne Jones is a real target for us, says he doesn't bullshit lie, he has been right on a few to be fair ..His uncle works for the club and Contact has been made for Jones and he's coming to end of his contract, wages may be stumbling block

Jones would deffo be the target man we need

I expect us to sell Rhodes in the transfer window and strengthen the squad. Some will scoff at that but we need pace and power up front in this league as we look to implement Lambert's style. We are stronger at the back and no longer need to score two or three to win. If he doesn't move on, I can see sense in flogging Marshall instead. Both players aren't making an impact that justifies their place in the team. I reckon a very decent loan signing will come in.

Tin hat is firmly on.

I think this is an extremely valid opinion. As I have been saying for years now, those inside of football are extremely retisant to back Rhodes. The reason being that his game other than goals is non existent. Common consensus is that we've played with 10 men for the last four games.

My view is that PL would likely sell if he could use the money but that Venkys will insist Rhodes stays and still back him.

I would sign Clough and Davies from Bolton to start.

I think this is an extremely valid opinion. As I have been saying for years now, those inside of football are extremely retisant to back Rhodes. The reason being that his game other than goals is non existent. Common consensus is that we've played with 10 men for the last four games.

My view is that PL would likely sell if he could use the money but that Venkys will insist Rhodes stays and still back him.

I would sign Clough and Davies from Bolton to start.

T'word on street is that Lambo doesn't see Rhodes as irreplaceable in the slightest. Not sure who would stump up the £12m Hull were prepared to offer though. Maybe Boro?

T'word on street is that Lambo doesn't see Rhodes as irreplaceable in the slightest. Not sure who would stump up the £12m Hull were prepared to offer though. Maybe Boro?

Big problem is that the Rhodes' market has collapsed.

As things stand, doubt very much if Rovers would get even half of that £12million now.

We now see a striker 'struggling' in a team on an eight match unbeaten run and his contribution has been 2 goals in 8 matches, one of which a penalty, and truth be told, not much more.

Have little doubt the the 'Rhodes' issue' is huge in Lambo's mind.

As things stand, doubt very much if Rovers would get even half of that £12million now.

We now see a striker 'struggling' in a team on an eight match unbeaten run and his contribution has been 2 goals in 8 matches, one of which a penalty, and truth be told, not much more.

Good happily keep him add a few decent players to this squad with our 20 goal striker up top I'd be happy with that.

One good midfielder will sort the issue out

• Backroom

Good happily keep him add a few decent players to this squad with our 20 goal striker up top I'd be happy with that.

Better than selling Rhodes would be replacing Delfouneso and Brown. Rhodes, Koita, and Kenwyne Jones (as alleged) sounds good to me!

Better than selling Rhodes would be replacing Delfouneso and Brown. Rhodes, Koita, and Kenwyne Jones (as alleged) sounds good to me!

It definitely sounds better than what we have a midfielder who can open teams up as well and we would be in a much better place.

He's got every attribute you need to play up front but one - attitude. If that can be sorted out you've got a good'un, Trouble is nobody so far has managed to motivate him regularly.

Archived