BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clever stuff from Lambo talking 'mainly about loans'. You do not tell the world that you have money to spend.

I will be amazed if we do not make at least one stealth, under the radar, permanent signing.

Pleasant surprise(s) in store.

Pleasant surprises??? It's less than 4 months since you were saying we were going to sell all assets and go into administration!!! Make your mind up.

Id be bloody amazed if we only sign loans. I csnt see Lambert taking the job without being promised money to spend.

We shall see.

Hope you are right.

Think Lambert has mentioned a couple of times about managing expectations, so hopefully his comments are to keep us all grounded in case deals don't happen, and also allow him to get good value in the market.

Great feeling that if, for example, Leicester say they would rather sell lawrence than extend his loan we now have a chance of signing him.

Pleasant surprises??? It's less than 4 months since you were saying we were going to sell all assets and go into administration!!! Make your mind up.

Quite clearly, something. thankfully, has changed in the mindset of our owners.

Think they now realise that IF they are to rescue their investment, and promotion to the PL is the only way, they need to start employing the best possible people on the football side (would also help on the Exec Management side as well).

£150millionish gone with no prospect of a return unless.............................so might as well 'throw' another £30millionish at it.

Attacking wise, the squad needs a massive shake up, we've actually looked even more defensive under Lambert and theres not been a plan yet in terms of building attacks, hopefully that will come but the defence is fine, only a wonder goal conceded in 4.

No idea why when Williamson comes on, everyone hits the roof; hes not play off material but none of our central midfielders can control games consistently, people seem to think Akpan is the new Vieira but hes very average, Evans has been our most effective central midfielder this season but in fits and starts and Guthrie is a big disappointment.

We have quite a few players going forward who contribute nothing. Rhodes is on a goal drought but hes getting no service and we know he will go on a run again soon. Koita, Brown and Delefounso are all League 1 standard or lower and all need offloading in January, Brown is a target man who wins about 10% of headers, Koita is a donkey and the same with Delfonso. Taylor also adds nothing at all, one of the most ineffective players I have seen. Marshall really needs to improve soon as at least we know he has ability but hes not deserving of a place at the moment.

• Backroom

I don't think anybody's come close to calling Akpan the new Viera, he's just been rightly praised for some good performances as of late. The reason people hate seeing Williamson come on is because he offers nothing and shouldn't have had his contract extended in the summer.

• Backroom

Who would be coming on if he hadn't stayed when Lowe, Evans and Lenihan are all injured?

Ideally we would have signed somebody else with the wages that had been freed up. We may have been under embargo at the time but as Bowyer was the master of signings he should have been able to find somebody better, shouldn't he?

Taylor should really be coming on before Williamson anyway.

All your opinion- and you're forgetting the two starting CMs where also both freebies under embargo.

I've not got a problem with Williamson as a backup, he's professional enough and showed a few times last season that he can be decent. I'm not falling into the trap of the scapegoating fans that love to blame.

You do love throwing accusations around though...

That's beyond the point DE, what I see is first loss in 8 games and the managers taking flak for making subs that fans might not agree with (whilst ignoring the facts around the squad)

Guthrie's legs are going so I understand the Willo sub, even though I think he's turd.

Could move on any/all of our centre midfielders and I don't think we'd miss one of them. I'd sooner see youth given a chance at the minute as it's abundantly clear the current crop aren't good enough.

• Backroom

That's beyond the point DE, what I see is first loss in 8 games and the managers taking flak for making subs that fans might not agree with (whilst ignoring the facts around the squad)

I don't think he should be immune from criticism. I'm just trying to be fair. I hammered Bowyer for his subs at times, so why not question Lambert's if I disagree with them? Doesn't mean I'm right or Lambert's wrong, it's just my opinion and on a forum I'd like to think I have the right to express it!

IMO, this is where I think we need to strength the squad/first team under Lambert to achieve promotion. I will suggestion some players that's would improve our team.

1st choice right back, goalscoring centre midfielder, winger with pace, striker with pace, Target man striker, centre back to challenge Duffy and Hanley, Number 10 player

I will suggest Adam Forshaw from Boro for the goalscoring centre midfielder spot

Lawrence for the number 10 spot

Henry or Liam Moore for the centre back

Winger with pace- Will Buckley from Sunderland or Elliot Bennett from Norwich or Gary Mackay-Steven from Celtic

or

Striker with pace- Jason Cummings from Hibs. scored 10 goals in 17 games. or Tom Bradshaw from Walsall 9 goals from 20 games, Lewis Grabban from Norwich but doubt we can afford him, Marvin Emmes from Swansea

Target man striker- Kenwyne Jones, Danny Graham, Victor Anichebe

Right back- Jack Hunt from Palace currently on loan at Sheff Wed

Ideally we would have signed somebody else with the wages that had been freed up. We may have been under embargo at the time but as Bowyer was the master of signings he should have been able to find somebody better, shouldn't he?

Taylor should really be coming on before Williamson anyway.

and Tomlinson should be given a run before Williamson or Taylor

I've not seen the two chances today but the one Koita missed against Forest was a sitter. Brown can't get into positions for those chances and would probably miss those anyway. Scoring wise, we are playing with basically 1 striker with no pace.

We need a championship level striker who can cause problems for the opposition and score around 10 in a season (to find a second Rudy is unrealistic). Much maligned he may have been but a Jason Roberts type player is what we are missing.

Archived