BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love Alex Pritchard from Spurs he would be the creativity we desperately need in midfield....I remember him running rings around us in the two games against Brentford last season!

Recon he will be play at Spurs when fit.

Would love Alex Pritchard from Spurs he would be the creativity we desperately need in midfield....I remember him running rings around us in the two games against Brentford last season!

Me too!

I remember him at Ewood, I was thinking ''who's that little lad'' and then he had an absolute stormer!

What was that midfielder called we were signing when we were going to be spending big ? Can't think of his name but he was Belgian and would have been a great signing and would have made us a load of dosh when we eventually sold him.

Axel Witsel? Plays for Zenit in Russia at the mo.

Does anybody else not quite see why Tom Lawrence is a must extend in January?

Apart from his awesome cameo against Charlton, he's been steady but does too much of his neat work well outside the box and doesn't really influence games.

Don't get me wrong, he is OK but not the godsend we hoped and some believe. His recent starts on the bench suggest maybe PL shares this opinion.

Depends on how long term the project is. Problem is even with short term ambition to get promoted this season and resources to do so it still takes time for players to gel.

To me the positive is there are some good players - on form the centre backs, Olsson, Marshall, Apkan, Conway and Rhodes are all good enough to be part of a play off team.

Problem is after that the quality drops alarmingly l. Utter

Don't believe this talk of us spending money... I'll take the manager at his word, that we'll only be making loan signings. If "spending money" means we'll spending more on higher wages in the form of loans then it's understandable.

Get Glen Murray, Grabban and a decent centre mid on loan and we'd be up there 100%.

Given our history and finances then loans are fine - ideally with first refusal if parent club wants to sell. Frankly don't care if we get to the Premier League with 11 players that we don't own - just that we get there eventually... Only criteria for me in modern football is that players genuinely work for the right to wear the shirt on any given matchday!

Watford seemed to know how to manage it with loans too , klc

What was that midfielder called we were signing when we were going to be spending big ? Can't think of his name but he was Belgian and would have been a great signing and would have made us a load of dosh when we eventually sold him.

Axel Witsel?

Don't believe this talk of us spending money... I'll take the manager at his word, that we'll only be making loan signings. If "spending money" means we'll spending more on higher wages in the form of loans then it's understandable.

Get Glen Murray, Grabban and a decent centre mid on loan and we'd be up there 100%.

Here is the BBC Radio Lancs programme

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/forum/4-football-football-football/

from twitter

Transfer Centre Live @TransferCentreL 4 mins4 minutes ago

Norwich City, Middlesbrough and Blackburn Rovers are all interested in signing Everton forward Steven Naismith.

• Backroom

from twitter

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL 4 mins4 minutes ago

Norwich City, Middlesbrough and Blackburn Rovers are all interested in signing Everton forward Steven Naismith.

Would be a hell of a statement of intent, but can't see him choosing us over either Boro or Norwich. Also, three club rule.

Depends on how long term the project is. Problem is even with short term ambition to get promoted this season and resources to do so it still takes time for players to gel.

To me the positive is there are some good players - on form the centre backs, Olsson, Marshall, Apkan, Conway and Rhodes are all good enough to be part of a play off team.

Problem is after that the quality drops alarmingly. As in utter dross. None of the above can afford not to be on their game. Up front and midfield in particular the quality gulf is so big it'd be embarrassing in league 1.

To me we're 4 away from a top class first 11 a striker, cm, right back and keeper. We can probably carry Steele and Henley right now as we're solid defensively but the other 2 positions need filling asap. For a promotion squad all 4 need filling plus an extra striker and winger to be effective as we've no back up in these positions.

from twitter

Transfer Centre Live @TransferCentreL 4 mins4 minutes ago

Naismith does want to leave apparently but is being quoted at £7m.

Archived