BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how quickly we forget the wages he wasted on Morrow, D'arbo, Brown, Delfonso, Judge(sort of), Williamson, Steele( sort of - no better than Eastwood), Barrow, the young (good?) French lad - all seemingly recruited to make sure there were enough shirts to fill the coat hooks at Brockall. A recruitment policy seemingly based on keep polishing turds until one starts to shine.

Crazily Dabo is playing brilliantly and on the verge of a call up for the French team. He was never given a look in here.

Don't confuse me as a fan of Bowyer, I am the poster boy for criticising him 😮 I just think that he deserves some credit for signing Cairney, Gestede, Marshall, Conway etc. Who have been cheap and decent. Evans, Akpan and Duffy look decent in spells too.

We can't just beat Bowyer over the head without pointing out that every manager in my memory has also wasted a load of cash on dross.

Crazily Dabo is playing brilliantly and on the verge of a call up for the French team. He was never given a look in here.

Anthony Modeste has been knocking them in in the Bundesliga now too. Strange we seemed to have missed the boat on a couple of young Frenchmen...

Don't confuse me as a fan of Bowyer, I am the poster boy for criticising him I just think that he deserves some credit for signing Cairney, Gestede, Marshall, Conway etc. Who have been cheap and decent. Evans, Akpan and Duffy look decent in spells too.

We can't just beat Bowyer over the head without pointing out that every manager in my memory has also wasted a load of cash on dross.

I've seen it a couple times on here where there's a strange accounting that, say, Conway + Gestede - Dabo - Marrow = 0...

Letting Judge go may in hindsight be Bowyer's biggest transfer gaffe, but he was a free transfer that we then sold, so it wasn't the kind of financial gaffe that helped get us into this mess in the first place. Brown and Varney have been pretty poor signings too, but they were also free transfers that can't have been too costly. Worthy of criticism? Of course, but they don't entirely cancel out his bargain buys.

Selling Cairney this year was a questionable one, especially with our lack of attacking options in midfield now, but we are now out of the embargo so perhaps it was a vital sale afterall... Perhaps Marshall would've been a better sale given his performance so far this year. Anyway, Cairney still seemed up to his same ol' !$%& when we played Fulham, so I don't miss him too much.

How much money did we get for josh king???

Apparently £1.5M, rising to £2M: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13504724.Blackburn_Rovers_waiting_on_work_permit_for_Kim_Bo_Kyung_after_netting_initial___1_5m_for_Josh_King/?ref=mac

He obviously has his flashes, but seems like a pretty decent price to me.

Anthony Modeste has been knocking them in in the Bundesliga now too. Strange we seemed to have missed the boat on a couple of young Frenchmen...

I've seen it a couple times on here where there's a strange accounting that, say, Conway + Gestede - Dabo - Marrow = 0...

Letting Judge go may in hindsight be Bowyer's biggest transfer gaffe, but he was a free transfer that we then sold, so it wasn't the kind of financial gaffe that helped get us into this mess in the first place. Brown and Varney have been pretty poor signings too, but they were also free transfers that can't have been too costly. Worthy of criticism? Of course, but they don't entirely cancel out his bargain buys.

Selling Cairney this year was a questionable one, especially with our lack of attacking options in midfield now, but we are now out of the embargo so perhaps it was a vital sale afterall... Perhaps Marshall would've been a better sale given his performance so far this year. Anyway, Cairney still seemed up to his same ol' !$%& when we played Fulham, so I don't miss him too much.

Apparently £1.5M, rising to £2M: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13504724.Blackburn_Rovers_waiting_on_work_permit_for_Kim_Bo_Kyung_after_netting_initial___1_5m_for_Josh_King/?ref=mac

He obviously has his flashes, but seems like a pretty decent price to me.

would anybody take Steve Sidwell -Stoke prepared to let him go?. Always though he was very mobile and could get a goal or two though perhaps getting on a bit and hasn't played much if at all for Stoke this season.

would anybody take Steve Sidwell -Stoke prepared to let him go?. Always though he was very mobile and could get a goal or two though perhaps getting on a bit and hasn't played much if at all for Stoke this season.

Yes, he is head and shoulders better than anything we currently have in midfield. Could be a fabulous signing at championship level. Much depends on wages etc

Ideally, I'd like to see us go the other way and spot young players with potential and develop them.

Its a slower process but look at Leicester with Vardy.

No-one had heard of N'Zonzi when Sam signed him and he was playing in the French 3rd division.

Leagues one and two in England and lower leagues in Europe could be a real recruiting ground if we had the right people looking.

A mix of experienced and young players is the way to go imo.

Would anyone have Adebayor? Only other club apparently interested is Sheff Weds.

Well Spurs are still paying his 100k a week wages and that contract expires at the end of this season, basically we have no chance and neither do Wednesday. Not even sure if I'd want him anyway

Ideally, I'd like to see us go the other way and spot young players with potential and develop then.

Its a slower process but look at Leicester with Varney

No-one had heard of N'Zonzi when Sam signed and he was playing in the French 3rd division.

Leagues one and two in England and lower leagues in Europe could be a real recruiting ground if we had the right people looking.

If only :lol:

Ideally, I'd like to see us go the other way and spot young players with potential and develop then.

Its a slower process but look at Leicester with Varney.

No-one had heard of N'Zonzi when Sam signed and he was playing in the French 3rd division.

Could Josh Windass be a Rovers target?

Also Gnabry from Arsenal. Pacey winger and currently on loan at WBA but they plan to send him to Arsenal next week

I was browsing Twitter a couple of weeks or so back and noticed that a positive Rovers tweet (Unbeaten run under Lambert I think) was retweeted by a lad called Craig Sibbald. Sibbald is a young attacking midfielder at Falkirk, only 20 but has well over a hundred games under his belt. It might have just been because he's a Rovers fan but he is very highly rated North of the Border and often subject of transfer speculation.

Sounds like the type of young striker we should be looking at and should have been looking for the past few years. If he doesn't cost much and is only used from the bench unless he proves himself it's worth a gamble. We've done this with other positions, mainly midfield yet the striking back up was ignored in favour of lumps.

However if they want a contract of Goodwille proportions then swerve it :blink:

Are you suggesting him because you've watched him? I have a few times and he most certainly is not anywhere near this standard. In fact, I'd wager if he didn't have that surname he'd be playing Sunday league.

Ive seen him a couple of times and I think he could step up to be good player in this division

I was browsing Twitter a couple of weeks or so back and noticed that a positive Rovers tweet (Unbeaten run under Lambert I think) was retweeted by a lad called Craig Sibbald. Sibbald is a young attacking midfielder at Falkirk, only 20 but has well over a hundred games under his belt. It might have just been because he's a Rovers fan but he is very highly rated North of the Border and often subject of transfer speculation.

I think Craig's link is with Lambert DGS rather than Rovers - still a good spot though and actually more likely to make him want to come to Ewood. However, he looks good playing in the second tier of a poor level of football, not sure how well he'd play in the Championship. One for train spotters -He was born in the same week that we won the premiership.

I think Craig's link is with Lambert DGS rather than Rovers - still a good spot though and actually more likely to make him want to come to Ewood. However, he looks good playing in the second tier of a poor level of football, not sure how well he'd play in the Championship. One for train spotters -He was born in the same week that we won the premiership.

I take your point about the gulf between the second tiers in Scotland and England. Even players from the Scottish Premiership have seem to struggle down south recently, I was convinced that Stevie May would be a hit at Wednesday.

I've only seen Sibbald in the cup final last year and he looked ok. I was aware of him through reading reports that he'd been a standout for Scotland U17s. Peter Houston rates him highly and is concerned at him being subject of head turning interest from down south and someone might take a punt on his apparent ability and extensive experience for such a young player.

Ive seen him a couple of times and I think he could step up to be good player in this division

We got Mahoney from Accrington and he was also highly rated, nowhere near the first team yet and although Windass has done more for Accy than Mahoney I still don't think he's ready for this division yet, I'm all for buying young talent with potential but in January we need to make signings who will come into the first team and be an improvement on what we've got and as I doubt we'll have much to spend we really need to make it count.

Archived